Author Topic: [IC] XDA Melon ( Numpad extended to match 21-key Numpad, updated on Aug 29th )  (Read 12921 times)

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
All right, let's think about Ergo kit. Here are some kinds of design for Ergo:

1. Alpha + Mod

2. Mod

3. Mod ( blank )

Which one would you like ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:09:32 by hormbre »

Offline ALKAHEST

Love seeing how this set is refined step by step. Very excited to see something in XDA profile again.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
Very excited by the new additions. Inverse dye-sub makes this set really special! I'm also loving the new coloured melon slice novelty cap you designed, and especially loving the planck kit given that it has fuller sized ortholinear sets in mind. The only suggestion I can really make at this point would be to rename the "planck kit" to "ortho kit" for accuracy [edit: and maybe add an alternate colorway kit for the F row to have a complete green stripe?]. Nice work all round! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 July 2017, 23:10:42 by Bob »
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline colgateam

So wait...with the inverse dye sub, they will basically dye the whole cap a lighter colour first, then mask the lettering to dye a second time in the darker colour?

Sounds like a huge hassle lol

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
So wait...with the inverse dye sub, they will basically dye the whole cap a lighter colour first, then mask the lettering to dye a second time in the darker colour?

Sounds like a huge hassle lol

That's why it doesn't come up very often, but as the community demands more and more of manufacturers they figure out a way to make it work. Until recently one of the biggest advantages double-shot had over dye-subbed (apart from legend clarity) was the whole "you can't put lighter legends on darker caps" issue. Now it's just a question of quality control and keeping it cost effective. I'm keen to see the samples... and find out the cost  ;)

Offline hormbre

Very excited by the new additions. Inverse dye-sub makes this set really special! I'm also loving the new coloured melon slice novelty cap you designed, and especially loving the planck kit given that it has fuller sized ortholinear sets in mind.

The only suggestion I can really make at this point would be to rename the "planck kit" to "ortho kit" for accuracy [edit: and maybe add an alternate colorway kit for the F row to have a complete green stripe?].
----Have already changed the name to "Ortho/Planck kit", thanks !

Nice work all round! :thumb:

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
Have already changed the name to "Ortho/Planck kit", thanks !

Too fast!  ;D

Offline heliar_mk

All right, let's think about Ergo kit. Here are some kinds of design for Ergo:

1. Alpha + Mod
(Attachment Link)

2. Mod
(Attachment Link)

3. Mod ( blank )
(Attachment Link)

Which one would you like ?
Love No.2.

Offline Scarhoof

XDA caps can be rearranged anywhere because they are flat, right? If that's the case then you don't need a separate Colemak set, you would just need A homing row for the Dvorak/Colemak? Could that be rolled in with another set or base as you would only need four keys? HUNT.

Offline Hazzula

XDA caps can be rearranged anywhere because they are flat, right? If that's the case then you don't need a separate Colemak set, you would just need A homing row for the Dvorak/Colemak? Could that be rolled in with another set or base as you would only need four keys? HUNT.
Yeah theyre all flat. And I that sounds like it would be cool to have d/c homing keys too. I know the xda milestone has those so it can be done for sure

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
I was just taking another look at the ortho/planck kit and realised that since the base kit includes all the TKL mods, the following keys are doubled up on for ortho users: up, down, left, right, page up, page down. You could probably either remove those from the ortho/planck kit or replace them with blanks.

At the moment I'm planning on buying the base kit, two of the 1U space keys kits, two ortho kits, and still undecided on the novelty kit. I'm really hoping those samples come through looking good  ;)

Online tameone

Base, tsangan, novelties, 7a space kit for me. With the addition of the spacebar kits this provides great coverage for is splitters. Should work nicely with my banana split.

Offline hormbre

Updated on Jul 21th : 1. Homing keys has been added for Colemak/Dvorak layout . 2.ErgoDox kit added .     Thank you !
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:20:42 by hormbre »

Offline heliar_mk

Hope it could be drop soon :D

Offline Muiju

Very interested! Will buy once GB starts
LZ CLSm

Offline Sylvester

The design is simple,bt look nice。

Offline hormbre

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 02:44:43 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Gamer set added for MOBA/FPS, updated on Aug 13th )
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 18:02:34 »
Updated on Aug 13th : 1. Gamer set has been added for MOBA/FPS games.     Thank you !

Offline eNrageDSainT

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:17:25 »
I voted on Massdrop but i'm not familiar with this type of poll system. Will ISO be available even if it doesn't get much votes or not?
B-Face HHKB (Gateron Yellow) 

Offline hormbre

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 19:27:36 »
I voted on Massdrop but i'm not familiar with this type of poll system. Will ISO be available even if it doesn't get much votes or not?

Hi ! Thanks for your surpport!
1.This vote is used for Opening Group Buy on MassDrop.
2.There is no relationship between the votes of each kit and availability from Group Buy, it will be determined by author and MassDrop together AFAIK.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:43:50 »
Updated on Aug 29th : 1. Numpad Kit has been extended to match 21-key Mechanical Numpad. Thanks to tectonicplate@MassDrop ! 2. Samples won't be available this month due to the delay of manufacturer.      Thank you !

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:15:48 by hormbre »

Offline eNrageDSainT

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Numpad extended to match 21-key Numpad, updated on Aug 29th )
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 16:22:47 »
Are those spacebar (7E spacebar kit) 6u? Cause if so, then I need it even more than I thought I needed this set!
B-Face HHKB (Gateron Yellow) 

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Numpad extended to match 21-key Numpad, updated on Aug 29th )
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 02:45:44 »
Are those spacebar (7E spacebar kit) 6u? Cause if so, then I need it even more than I thought I needed this set!

Yes, it is 6u, you may see the length on the top of the spacebar, which is in light green.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 05:00:44 »
Looking forward to this set hombre! Remember speaking w/ you on RMK, believe XDA is a great choice! I'm ready for your GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:26:32 »
very nice

Offline LastBrat

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 14:16:25 »
Love the planck set, it's enough to fill even my 5x14 ortho :)

One question about the spacebars: are all of them convex (even the 1u)?
Looking forward to seeing the samples.

Offline keebdeeb

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 23:07:55 »
INTERESTED! Voted on massdrop :)

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 04:42:55 »
Any News for these?

Offline hormbre

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 05:40:25 »
Looking forward to this set hombre! Remember speaking w/ you on RMK, believe XDA is a great choice! I'm ready for your GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very nice

Love the planck set, it's enough to fill even my 5x14 ortho :)

One question about the spacebars: are all of them convex (even the 1u)?
Looking forward to seeing the samples.

INTERESTED! Voted on massdrop :)

Thanks all ! Glad to hear that you like XDA Melon  :)

Any News for these?

We have been waiting for the samples ever since mid-July, which are supposed to be provided on August. However, the dye-sub manufacturer is busy with the orders which are much bigger than ours. Besides waiting for the samples, here is what we are doing :
1. Conmunicating with another manufacturer: Still need to confirm some details.
2. Join the Keycap Design Contest on MassDrop: Submitted, wait for the reply by MD.

We can understand your feeling, and we are trying our best to make XDA Melon come to us.
Thanks for your support and patience !