Author Topic: [IC] E6-V2 60% custom keyboard  (Read 30040 times)

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
[IC] E6-V2 60% custom keyboard
« on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:32:22 »
Group Buy topic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90787.0

Interest Checks for E6-V2 60% custom keyboard.
    E6-V2

Hello everyone,
    This keyboard is designed and made by E-Team Mech Key (This team is the co-operation between Vietnamese and Chinese).

Make sure to fill this form if you are interested in purchasing one: https://goo.gl/forms/141G5ZU5L1XBUBQ02

Specifications:
    • Anodized aluminum 6063 case
    • Classic design
    • 8 degrees slope
    • Curved top  :thumb:
    • Anodized aluminum or polished brass Counterweight and Middle piece
    • Stainless Steel, Carbon Fiber, Polycarbonate and Aluminum are available for switches plate selection
    • Custom engraved text on the top badge (Name Tag)
    • Layouts supported: ISO and ANSI (6.25u, 7u spacebar and HHKB layout) | Both stepped and normal Caps Lock is supported
    • Fully Programmable using Bootmapper Client
    • RGB bottom side LEDs
    • Available colors: Red, Black, Silver, Military, Blue, Purple. Special color: White anodized and White micro-arc oxidation (These two colors are more expensive a little bit)

See more detail pictures here:
    - Rendering: http://imgur.com/a/kR2x4
    - Manufacturing: http://imgur.com/a/aAU7t
    - Prototype in real life: http://imgur.com/a/kK6En
    - RGB LEDs testing: http://imgur.com/a/vOqpr

Estimated price starts from: $330 (Full kit, PCB included) (the price is flexible depending on different materials and colors)

Additional Information:
    More
    • High quality assemble package is available. Cost depends on switches and LED options

GB will be launched soon!
    Expected timeline:
    • Group Buy opens: July 15 28, 2017
    • Group Buy closes: August 02, 2017
    • Deadline for payments: August 15, 2017
    • Keyboards will be shipped out: Early October, 2017

FAQs:

Q: Why isn’t this version’s name E6-V1?
    A: At first, I intended to name this version E6-V1. But then, I come up with an idea of making another version 60% keyboard having the same design as of E8-V1.

(Updating…)[/list]
    « Last Edit: Fri, 28 July 2017, 08:24:29 by jhoang »

Offline kawasaki161

Re: [IC] Interest Check for E6-V2 60% custom keyboard
    « Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:50:20 »

• Fully Programmable using Bootmapper Client

Aaaand I'm out. I'd instabuy if it was compatible with normal 60% PCBs or a 32u2/32u4 based PCB was offered :(

Offline zl_ramiel

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 16:03:25 »
    Damn, it looks awesome. So the price is the same with E8 V1?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 16:20:28 »
    I love the design...but Please, please, please stay away from custom PCB's that use a middle USB port....

There is a reason why there is much frustration with Duck PCB's, once it dies, or you randomly burn a few  pads, it's ruined and you're out of luck since replacements are difficult to find.

Is it possible to change the USB design so it can utilize standard 60% PCB's, like Bface, Bfake, GH60, FaceW, Etc.,

I can guarantee it'll make many people happy.

Also, any chance for HHKB tops? Pretty please?

Edit: Any samples of the White anodization? That sounds interesting!
    « Last Edit: Mon, 10 July 2017, 16:52:48 by Unforgivable »

Offline Riu

Re: [IC] E6-V2 60% custom keyboard
    « Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 16:38:22 »
    Interest form filled out.
    E6-V2 might be the 60% of the year for me.
    White micro-arc oxidation & HHKB layout <3

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
    « Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:23:08 »
    If I can make it all black I'm in. Form filled out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
    • * Elated Elder
    • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
    « Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:33:00 »
    Really nice, but wish it was cheaper. Probably won't get in because it's more expensive than I feel like paying. Looks really nice though, very close to 356.

Would appreciate it if you guys did it with a standard PCB and not a center USB one.
    QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:11:19 »
    Nice board but it too expensive what i cant pay it :'(
         wish it could be cheaper

Offline odd

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 21:51:51 »
    You know I want, signed up

Offline kuang2

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 21:53:17 »
    Aaaand I'm out. I'd instabuy if it was compatible with normal 60% PCBs or a 32u2/32u4 based PCB was offered :(

As I know that PCB will using Atmega32AU, which you can use PS2avRGB or TMK/QMK ....

Would appreciate it if you guys did it with a standard PCB and not a center USB one.

I love the design...but Please, please, please stay away from custom PCB's that use a middle USB port....

There is a reason why there is much frustration with Duck PCB's, once it dies, or you randomly burn a few  pads, it's ruined and you're out of luck since replacements are difficult to find.

Is it possible to change the USB design so it can utilize standard 60% PCB's, like Bface, Bfake, GH60, FaceW, Etc.,

Standard 60% is too old. I can bet you that you will never find any custom case that look impress to you which using b.face. All designer hate it. Or maybe we will try to change new pcb to satisfy keyboard designer. And how about other layout? 40, 65, 75, 7, 96 ..... At least, we can share gerber file to everyone to make himself a PCB if he want. You can burn some as you want ^_^

HHKB layout was listed, but we still thinking about which spacebar will look better. "True HHKB" using 6x spacebar only, and all the other custom using 7x.

If I can make it all black I'm in. Form filled out!

Any samples of the White anodization? That sounds interesting!

Both black and white anode was in prototype, you can see the image

Really nice, but wish it was cheaper. Probably won't get in because it's more expensive than I feel like paying. Looks really nice though, very close to 356.

Nice board but it too expensive what i cant pay it :'(
         wish it could be cheaper
    I do not have any idea on price .... it depend on you <3

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:10:08 »
    Super interested.  :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
    « Reply #11 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:21:43 »
    Do the PCB and plate support Alps?
    People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
    « Reply #12 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:28:56 »

Edit: Any samples of the White anodization? That sounds interesting!

Please for the love of god don't do a custom PCB. Like Unforgivable mentioned its a PITA to find replacement PCB's. Making this universal will put this board on a whole other level. It is an incredible design.

Offline kuang2

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 01:46:26 »

Please for the love of god don't do a custom PCB. Like Unforgivable mentioned its a PITA to find replacement PCB's. Making this universal will put this board on a whole other level. It is an incredible design.
    you can see my answer, and please give me more reason on this:
    - you want to use your existing pcb? You have to desold switches then solder it to new plate.
    - you want a popular PCB in case the PCB come with kit go wrong? Right, but maybe we have to find the way to solve this problem
    - you just do not want to change your mind?

Do the PCB and plate support Alps?

nice question, and I think it YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS (I'm fan of ALPS, AEKII :))) - but you have to buy seperate pcb/plate. Doing it universal too difficult

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:35:05 »

As I know that PCB will using Atmega32AU, which you can use PS2avRGB or TMK/QMK ....

So you would prefer to use a chip (32a) that does not even have native USB support and relies on V-USB for it'as main job rather than one that has native USB support like the 32u4 does?
    I don't understand why, we have two very good open source firmwares (TMK and QMK) that run natively on a 32u4, but their port to the 32a is again relying on V-USB.

You might ask yourself: "So, why exactly is that a problem?"
    Well, that is because all the PCBs with 32a implementations I tested so far had higher input latency than my PCBs with a 32u2 and 32u4. Not by much at all, normal users won't even notice, but I fall into the minority of users that play rhythm games, where even 5ms more or less can make a very significant difference.
    I'm fed up with not being able to buy keyboards just because the PCB is designed around a (rather bad) GUI which sadly works for almost everyone, so very few people care to make something actually good.

- you want to use your existing pcb? You have to desold switches then solder it to new plate.
    - you want a popular PCB in case the PCB come with kit go wrong? Right, but maybe we have to find the way to solve this problem

-I just want a PCB that uses a 32u2 or 32u4, as 32a implementations do not work for my use case. See above for why. I don't mind the middle USB port, in fact I can really understand why you did this (mounting the plate to the top needs compromises with the standard USB location). But this sadly means that no other 60% PCBs fit and that I'd have to get a fully custom PCB made in order to use the board which is prohibitively expensive. I want to buy this, I even wanted to buy the E8, but the PCB choice in both cases would not work for me :( .

It is not hard to change the existing PCB-design to use a different controller and set it up with TMK/QMK. We might even be able to get ruiqi to add support for it to his configurator at http://kbfirmware.com/ so we have some sort of a GUI for programming.
    I know changing something that late in the process is annoying, and I also know that the case is the last thing you want to change, but I don't think it's too late to update the PCB to something modern and futureproof. You could pioneer a new standard for a PCB for top-mounted 60% keyboards, make it right, make it accessible and always have some in stock in case someone needs one, if you do that I think this might work just as well as supporting existing PCBs made for the tray-mount standard. If these fit into the Viper v2 they could be very important in the future.

Offline kuang2

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 09:09:52 »

So you would prefer to use a chip (32a) that does not even have native USB support and relies on V-USB for it'as main job rather than one that has native USB support like the 32u4 does?
    I don't understand why, we have two very good open source firmwares (TMK and QMK) that run natively on a 32u4, but their port to the 32a is again relying on V-USB.

You might ask yourself: "So, why exactly is that a problem?"
    Well, that is because all the PCBs with 32a implementations I tested so far had higher input latency than my PCBs with a 32u2 and 32u4. Not by much at all, normal users won't even notice, but I fall into the minority of users that play rhythm games, where even 5ms more or less can make a very significant difference.
    I'm fed up with not being able to buy keyboards just because the PCB is designed around a (rather bad) GUI which sadly works for almost everyone, so very few people care to make something actually good.

-I just want a PCB that uses a 32u2 or 32u4, as 32a implementations do not work for my use case. See above for why. I don't mind the middle USB port, in fact I can really understand why you did this (mounting the plate to the top needs compromises with the standard USB location). But this sadly means that no other 60% PCBs fit and that I'd have to get a fully custom PCB made in order to use the board which is prohibitively expensive. I want to buy this, I even wanted to buy the E8, but the PCB choice in both cases would not work for me :( .

It is not hard to change the existing PCB-design to use a different controller and set it up with TMK/QMK. We might even be able to get ruiqi to add support for it to his configurator at http://kbfirmware.com/ so we have some sort of a GUI for programming.
    I know changing something that late in the process is annoying, and I also know that the case is the last thing you want to change, but I don't think it's too late to update the PCB to something modern and futureproof. You could pioneer a new standard for a PCB for top-mounted 60% keyboards, make it right, make it accessible and always have some in stock in case someone needs one, if you do that I think this might work just as well as supporting existing PCBs made for the tray-mount standard. If these fit into the Viper v2 they could be very important in the future.

thank you so much for your information.

building a PCB with TMK/QMK quite easy as we already have layout and footprint here. The main reason that we (and some other teams) choose PS2avrGB because of the GUI. I'm sure that 90% users do not want to go to an website, config their layout, copy to an other website to make some .hex file then using command line to remap their keyboard. Or have to download, install driver, fixxing libusb blah blah blah .... (fix me if i'm wrong)

Do you think that, we, the best keyboard community, can define a new standard for PCB (both 60, 87 and other), which we can find best layout, controller, GUI then make it open source. People can add other functions like bluetooth, RGB, or mouse simulate, joytisk,USB Hub, card reader  .... for that. It's a long time since Komar does GH60, and it's never too late to make anything that good for all  :-*

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
    « Reply #16 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 09:46:35 »

The main reason is just compatibility and availability. If the mid usb pcb's were available to purchase anytime it wouldn't be an issue but nobody carries them, and for good reason. Pok3r cases are really common and its an easy way to go from stock>custom case>custom pcb. Naturally stores that carry these pcb's will want to go with whats most common. Additionally, If this happened to be my favorite board and layout I might possibly want to change switches as better options become available. Desoldering doesn't always go as expected. I lifted a pad on my Duck Viper and it was nearly impossible to find a replacement, and now that I found the replacement I dont even want to use it. I would rather just sell the board and get a board with universal compatibility. I should add that I'm a very experienced solderer, I've been soldering for 15years and I have never lifted a pad on any other keyboard PCB.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 10:02:28 »
    building a PCB with TMK/QMK quite easy as we already have layout and footprint here. The main reason that we (and some other teams) choose PS2avrGB because of the GUI. I'm sure that 90% users do not want to go to an website, config their layout, copy to an other website to make some .hex file then using command line to remap their keyboard. Or have to download, install driver, fixxing libusb blah blah blah .... (fix me if i'm wrong)

If your PCB gets integrated as a preset for the site, everything can be done on there and it just spits out a working .hex (or even just the files in case you want to compile it yourself).
    Thanks to skullydazed there also is a very easy way to flash a .hex without much hassle and completely command line free (https://github.com/qmk/qmk_flasher).
    The site is very easy to use if there is a preset for your PCB, it's even more intuitive than Bootmapperclient imo, the only part that is missing is a GUI for RGB, which still has to be done in code (also possible on the site though).

Do you think that, we, the best keyboard community, can define a new standard for PCB (both 60, 87 and other), which we can find best layout, controller, GUI then make it open source. People can add other functions like bluetooth, RGB, or mouse simulate, joytisk,USB Hub, card reader  .... for that. It's a long time since Komar does GH60, and it's never too late to make anything that good for all  :-*

The least we can do is try.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
    « Reply #18 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 13:56:54 »
    Price is a bit on the high side and definitely will be when I add options. But I think I'll be joining regardless, filling out the form now. Also, what exactly is the founders edition?
    « Last Edit: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:03:18 by ZuXzu »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:45:59 »
    Price is a bit on the high side and definitely will be when I add options. But I think I'll be joining regardless, filling out the form now. Also, what exactly is the founders edition?
    $330 for everything is pretty reasonable

Offline Puddsy

• nice
    • * Elated Elder
    « Reply #20 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 21:42:26 »
    $330 for everything is pretty reasonable

X60 was $350 and people were complaining it's too high. I guess this one is one more piece so who knows, though.
    QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #21 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:55:58 »
     :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 05:35:53 »
    Hi, any chance of anodizing orange? I'd love to see the middle piece a different color aluminum to make the keyboard more colorful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #23 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 07:45:28 »
    Hi, any chance of anodizing orange? I'd love to see the middle piece a different color aluminum to make the keyboard more colorful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Perhaps,it depens on how many ppl want it

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 08:32:18 »
    At least, we can share gerber file to everyone to make himself a PCB if he want. You can burn some as you want ^_^

HHKB layout was listed, but we still thinking about which spacebar will look better. "True HHKB" using 6x spacebar only, and all the other custom using 7x.

I'd buy this keyboard if the PCB files were included to buyers so I could make my own. Like Kawasaki said, I'd also prefer a 32u4 and urge you to reconsider. While bootmapper client is really nice, it's also not as useful as TMK/QMK. We're on a website for custom keyboards. The average person here wants the best possible performance, not the simplest usability.

Also my vote is for a 6x spacebar.

Any chance for brass plate?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #25 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 17:29:05 »
    At least, we can share gerber file to everyone to make himself a PCB if he want. You can burn some as you want ^_^

I'd buy this keyboard if the PCB files were included to buyers so I could make my own. Like Kawasaki said, I'd also prefer a 32u4 and urge you to reconsider. While bootmapper client is really nice, it's also not as useful as TMK/QMK. We're on a website for custom keyboards. The average person here wants the best possible performance, not the simplest usability.

Also my vote is for a 6x spacebar.

Any chance for brass plate?
    Brass plate is support .

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 17:49:42 »
    Is the custom Middle USB set in stone? Like the others said, I agree more with the universal (Standard) PCB's that are widely available. You'd be able to use Bootmap, it's just the USB being moved so it's also compatable with any 60% case.

For the HHKB top, I'd go with the 7u version. 7u spacebars are easier to find since they come with almost all GMK sets.

6u layout doesn't look as symmetrical, and GMK buys don't always include them. They're in Enjoypbt sets, but again it'll be hard to find matching spacebars if they don't come in 6u.

Think of sets like Hyperfuse, for example, they don't have a matching 6u Spacebar.

As for price, it seems a bit high considering the TKL version was the same price for more material. Hopefully there are some cheaper options.

Beautiful board and great colors however.
    « Last Edit: Wed, 12 July 2017, 17:57:46 by Unforgivable »

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #27 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 08:15:14 »
    Damn, it looks awesome. So the price is the same with E8 V1?
    It will have more options

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 21:08:52 »
    Is the custom Middle USB set in stone? Like the others said, I agree more with the universal (Standard) PCB's that are widely available. You'd be able to use Bootmap, it's just the USB being moved so it's also compatable with any 60% case.

For the HHKB top, I'd go with the 7u version. 7u spacebars are easier to find since they come with almost all GMK sets.

6u layout doesn't look as symmetrical, and GMK buys don't always include them. They're in Enjoypbt sets, but again it'll be hard to find matching spacebars if they don't come in 6u.

Think of sets like Hyperfuse, for example, they don't have a matching 6u Spacebar.

As for price, it seems a bit high considering the TKL version was the same price for more material. Hopefully there are some cheaper options.

Beautiful board and great colors however.
    7 u spacebar we will consider it ~ no worries

Offline ns90

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:21:27 »
    I really like the design, and I'm really interested, but I share the same concerns as others about the PCB.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
    • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
    « Reply #30 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:22:48 »
    My question is Does it support split backspace?

and why the option to go with non standard PCB?
    Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
    67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #31 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:32:37 »
    My question is Does it support split backspace?

and why the option to go with non standard PCB?
    It support split backspace

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #32 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:35:14 »
    I really like the design, and I'm really interested, but I share the same concerns as others about the PCB.
    Actually ,we dont need debate it again . :eek:

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
    « Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 02:33:30 »
    What time will the form be posted on the 15th?

Also, what is the Founder's Edition?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 04:40:27 »
    So, will the PCB stay like it is or would you consider a 32u2 or 32u4 powered one at least as an option?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #35 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 08:12:16 »

15th .founder edition we will post in gb link

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 09:41:07 »
    Actually one last question: Split spacebar? Looks like the plate doesn't have support for 2.25/1u/2.75u keys.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 09:46:32 »
    So, will the PCB stay like it is or would you consider a 32u2 or 32u4 powered one at least as an option?

Please answer.
    You already know the PCB factory, and changing files for the other controller shouldn't be that much work, QMK as a firmware is very easy to get running on a 32u4.
    If you add the option for the different controller PCB and let people decide what they prefer it might be the best for everyone.
    Being able to choose is great. For me who wants it for the lower latency, for people that want to use the advanced functions it offers like tapdancing and also for people that had a bad experience with BMC in general and would rather not use it instead.
    People that want to use BMC, can choose just that version.
    I wouldn't mind buying multiple PCBs to help with MOQ, maybe we are lucky and the PCBs fit into the Viper/Eagle v2 they can get some as replacements or backups too.

I just want to be able to actually daily this keyboard :(

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
    « Reply #38 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 13:55:32 »

15th .founder edition we will post in gb link

This does not answer my question. What specific time will the form be posted

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #39 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 20:37:09 »
    Actually one last question: Split spacebar? Looks like the plate doesn't have support for 2.25/1u/2.75u keys.
    It will have a option for plate also case and so on

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 23:33:12 »
    Here's a thought: put the USB back in the standard Poker location, and then people who don't want a board running ATM32A MCU can use a GH60 PCB in place.

There's no reason to reinvent the wheel here.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #41 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 01:08:13 »
    Here's a thought: put the USB back in the standard Poker location, and then people who don't want a board running ATM32A MCU can use a GH60 PCB in place.

Yea ,there is a way but certainly we dont need bargain it again turely plz :-*

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
    « Reply #42 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 01:10:21 »

I think hes pretty set on the custom pcb, which is a shame. When he first showed the ev8-v1 it had a non detachable cable and he was willing to offer a detachable cable to accommodate the interest of the community. I wish he was willing to change his mind about the pcb in this case, but it looks like hes unwilling to budge. He wants the center usb to be more common, and I hope he can do that. If he can I'd jump on the next version in a heartbeat. I don't have fate in this decision though. The current standard is so common, I don't see it ever changing.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #43 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 01:27:40 »

I think hes pretty set on the custom pcb, which is a shame. When he first showed the ev8-v1 it had a non detachable cable and he was willing to offer a detachable cable to accommodate the interest of the community. I wish he was willing to change his mind about the pcb in this case, but it looks like hes unwilling to budge. He wants the center usb to be more common, and I hope he can do that. If he can I'd jump on the next version in a heartbeat. I don't have fate in this decision though. The current standard is so common, I don't see it ever changing.

This is IC. truth is we will consider what ppl asking ,the real things make the board we loving

Offline techfresh

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 02:35:04 »
    +1 for standard USB placement and TMK/QMK. This case design is very attractive. 

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #45 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 02:48:57 »
    +1 for standard USB placement and TMK/QMK. This case design is very attractive. 

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    any way it should be a option i promise

Offline Lockkkk

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 02:45:10 »
    Love this one i`m in

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
    • Making & Thinking.
    « Reply #47 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 19:21:45 »

Offline Lockkkk

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 22:00:50 »
    « Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2019, 08:48:23 by Lockkkk »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
    • * Elated Elder
    « Reply #49 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 22:52:23 »
    The gb still not open?

GH mods will approve it soon

they can be kinda slow on this sometimes,  as they like to doublecheck lots of stuff