Author Topic: A bunch of Terminal Model M's $50 Shipped  (Read 2313 times)

Offline JP

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Giorgio

Re: A bunch of Terminal Model M's $50 Shipped
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:06:40 »
I don't see anything  :'(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:13:02 »
I've never owned a model M.  But lately I've had the urge to get one.  I put a post on my FB asking if anyone happened to know of one lying around.  It paid off b/c a friend of mine happened to be working in the UK and found an ISO model stored away in an old filing cabinet.  He got permission to bring it back to the states.  1992 model, so it has PS2.  I still don't have it in my possession, but I'm excited to try it out.

I wouldn't mind picking up another, but I have questions about these terminal interfaces.  Can I just pick up a converter and have it still work.  Can anyone elaborate on that process?

Thanks  :thumb:

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:31:55 »
Easiest solution is one of these : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64670.0
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:32:11 »
I've never owned a model M.  But lately I've had the urge to get one.  I put a post on my FB asking if anyone happened to know of one lying around.  It paid off b/c a friend of mine happened to be working in the UK and found an ISO model stored away in an old filing cabinet.  He got permission to bring it back to the states.  1992 model, so it has PS2.  I still don't have it in my possession, but I'm excited to try it out.

I wouldn't mind picking up another, but I have questions about these terminal interfaces.  Can I just pick up a converter and have it still work.  Can anyone elaborate on that process?

Thanks  :thumb:

does the link work for you?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 15:21:05 »
$50 including shipping is pretty good!  But just a note in case people didn't notice - I think those are all  M 122s, not 101s like in the stock pic.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 17:05:12 »
The link in the OP shows part numbers for them all, I think.

Considering that a set of caps from Unicomp costs about $30 + $6 shipping, the deal is good, but terminals don't always have standard caps.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09