Author Topic: Pearl Drops, Keyboards and Toothbrushes oh my...  (Read 1606 times)

Offline InSanCen

Pearl Drops, Keyboards and Toothbrushes oh my...
« on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 19:49:10 »
Just a quick heads up to say that for Keyboard Cleaning purposes, this stuff is great.

I read about it the other day in a thread here, and when I was following the Other Half around the local chav, sorry... pound shop, and there it was.

For a Quid, I grabed some. Slapped it on a board I just recieved from Meltie that needed a clean (I was aware of this before hand, the other boards I have had are pristine), and hey presto.

Only done a bit of it, as attacking the board with a Toothbrush at gone midnight is a recipie for my other half finding out if Humans are designed to accept keyboards rectally. So far it's great. Rub it in, wait a few minutes, and wipe off with a damp cloth. It just works.

So, have at it. soon all of GH will have minty fresh keybaords (Considering the state of some of my "rescue" boards, this is a definate bonus!).
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:04:19 »
Quote from: InSanCen;164986
the local chav, sorry... pound shop,
In Canada, local dollar stores are much too boring to attract juvenile delinquents.

A while back, it hit me that "dollar stores", which sell small items that usually sell for $1 or $2 were, a long time ago, known by another name... such a store was called a "five and dime" or five and ten cent store. (Roughly threepence and sixpence to you, I take it. Of course, Susan was right; you did eventually adopt a decimal system.)

Offline Sorian

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:07:19 »
I have yet to see a dollar store anywhere close to where I live.  The one time I did see one was when I was in Florida.  And they lied.  Nothing was cheaper than a dollar.  I felt betrayed.

That actually sounds pretty cool, though.  But minty fresh breath is enough for me.  Minty fingers just seems to be taking it one step too far.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:10:07 by Sorian »

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:08:16 »
Quote from: quadibloc;164993
In Canada, local dollar stores are much too boring to attract juvenile delinquents.

A while back, it hit me that "dollar stores", which sell small items that usually sell for $1 or $2 were, a long time ago, known by another name... such a store was called a "five and dime" or five and ten cent store. (Roughly threepence and sixpence to you, I take it. Of course, Susan was right; you did eventually adopt a decimal system.)

Here, they tend to congregate in them consuming copious amounts of sugar the maintain the energy leves required to be obnoxious little ****s. It's always fun to hit their heels with a trolley though, Crash. Sorry mate, didn't see you there.
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:20:01 »
All these replies, and no one asked: Susan who? (The answer, of course, is: no, that's her grandfather.)

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:48:44 »
Quote from: quadibloc;164993

Hey, are there any good places to get old computer jewels? I went to the flea market on 111 Ave, but found absolutely nothing.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:52:01 »
Quote from: ripster;164997
Have you tried it on any yellowing keyboards yet?

Nope, I don't actually own any after my Retr0brite expeeiments.

But you know I am going to find the nasitiest yellowest evil piece of junk I can find tomorrow, and see what happens.
:

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 March 2010, 20:57:23 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;165013
Hey, are there any good places to get old computer jewels? I went to the flea market on 111 Ave, but found absolutely nothing.
I went there myself last summer and found nothing I was interested in. It used to be that the west end Value Village - and a tiny thrift shop next to it - had interesting keyboards from time to time, but lately that has ceased to be true.

It's been years since there was a chance of finding Model Ms on a routine basis in the local Goodwill.