Author Topic: Logitech G410 -- $20 @ Staples  (Read 807 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Logitech G410 -- $20 @ Staples
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:56:58 »
Great find!  But I can't seem to find any in stock locally--mainly because it looks like their stock checker isn't working right. :(

Offline ander

• If it's not a buckling spring, it's just a switch
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 02:00:53 »
Just curious—do these have the 1st-gen Romer switches, before they improved them? Could that be why they're so cheap?
To be is to do – Socrates
To do is to be – Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do – Frank Sinatra

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 21:35:13 »
Just curious—do these have the 1st-gen Romer switches, before they improved them? Could that be why they're so cheap?
I didn't know there were different versions of them.  I remember trying them at one point and my thoughts were that they didn't feel much better than a rubberdome.  Maybe I should try them again?

Online Duckyreddy

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 21:44:44 »

I didn't know they made revisions to the switch!
I had some time to play with the G810 with Romer-G's and I can say they aren't terrible but not overly amazing either, not a fan of the short actuation but the switch was marketed to Gamers so I can respect that.
---Ducky One Foam dapmpened Cherry Pinks--- | Naga 2014 | Zowie EC-1A | Citizen 127DP  Mitsumi Cyan Simplitified

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:05:53 »

I had some time to play with the G810 with Romer-G's and I can say they aren't terrible but not overly amazing either, not a fan of the short actuation but the switch was marketed to Gamers so I can respect that.
Was this recently?  I wonder if you tried the new version or the older one?

Online Duckyreddy

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 21:02:20 »

It was just last week I believe, is there a way to tell between the new and old?  :cool:
---Ducky One Foam dapmpened Cherry Pinks--- | Naga 2014 | Zowie EC-1A | Citizen 127DP  Mitsumi Cyan Simplitified

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:07:00 »

It was just last week I believe, is there a way to tell between the new and old?  :cool:
I dunno--your assessment was exactly what I thought of the switch I tried a year or two ago.  :))

Offline ander

• If it's not a buckling spring, it's just a switch
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 01:58:31 »
I didn't know there were different versions of them.  I remember trying them at one point and my thoughts were that they didn't feel much better than a rubberdome.  Maybe I should try them again?

That's what I've gathered here and there—for example in this thread:

New Romer G aren't bad. They seem to be less mushy now and a bit smoother.

So I recently tried a G910 in store and it felt great!  Nothing like the old mushy Romer-G I remembered.

I think they updated the switches and HUGE improvements on stabilizers (back then was mushier than Cherry stabilizer, now it feels like Costar)...
To be is to do – Socrates
To do is to be – Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do – Frank Sinatra