Author Topic: Need some help fixing a 22mini-ex  (Read 1285 times)

Offline devoi

Need some help fixing a 22mini-ex
« on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 15:30:14 »
Hi guys,
I've recently come in contact with the task of fixing a friend's 22mini-ex from apollo. The board itself (hopefully) works fine, however it seems that the firmware is broken. Details regarding this board are incredibly difficult to come by anyway, so I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help me. The board supposedly uses ps2avrGB firmware, which I've tried uploading using atmel studio/avrisp and shows up as unrecognized in device manager. Out of all the available firmware, using ps2avrGB4U-aikon firmware makes the board recognized by my computer. Unfortunately after that point, I can't manage to get a keymap to work, as bootmapper client freezes up when I try to upload anything to the board using it and the provided hex keymaps cannot be flashed using atmel studio. It's probably a far cry for help at this point, but maybe someone here might still have one of these boards.

If one of you guys happens to have one of these, please let me know, I may be able to get the firmware and eeprom from your board if you'd allow it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Need some help fixing a 22mini-ex
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 16:48:10 »
Honestly, I'd recommend just buying a new PCB. Winkeyless.kr should have the 22mini PCB, but with bootmapper instead of aikon, and therefore much more usable.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline devoi

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 17:32:09 »
I would buy a new one, but unfortunately none of them have the center USB port. I also tried playing around with flashing more firmware, and it seems that the ps2avrGB firmware makes one of the leds flash, which I'm told means it's in bootloader mode - still, none of the software or windows recognizes it though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:48:28 »
I would buy a new one, but unfortunately none of them have the center USB port. I also tried playing around with flashing more firmware, and it seems that the ps2avrGB firmware makes one of the leds flash, which I'm told means it's in bootloader mode - still, none of the software or windows recognizes it though.

if it's in bootloader mode, it won't be recognized, you have to flash it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline devoi

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:58:48 »
I'm not actually sure what mode I'm in at this point - I found a stock ps2avrGB bootloader hex that I flashed using studio, which makes the caps and (what I assume should be) numlock LED flash in sets of two - if I use the aikon firmware, I can enable "bootmapper mode" in BMC that makes the leds flash uniformly (which I also found that shorting the reset and GND pins have the keyboard show up in device manager but is unrecognized). With the "stock" bootloader flashed, I don't hear any USB notification when I plug it into my PC, which I guess makes sense. I'm just not sure how to flash it correctly at this point.