Author Topic: IBM Model M with internal Soarer's Teensy  (Read 22546 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
IBM Model M with internal Soarer's Teensy
« on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 09:53:53 »
For those awash in anxiety and alienation, who feel that everything is spinning out of control, conspiracy theories are extremely effective emotional tools. For those in low status groups, they provide a sense of superiority: I possess important information most people do not have.   For those who feel powerless, they provide agency: I have the power to reject “experts” and expose hidden cabals.   As Cass Sunstein of Harvard Law School points out, they provide liberation:   If I imagine my foes are completely malevolent, then I can use any tactic I want.  
The GOP’s challenge is how to harness that Trump turnout without, well, Trump himself. Because it can’t be stressed enough, the hidden deplorables aren’t Republican or even conservative. They have no ideology other than the ideology of destruction. Their life is ****. They want to bring down everyone else to their levels.
- David Brooks NYT 2020

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Model M with internal Soarer's Teensy
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 10:30:28 »
I will also add one of the thick EPDM rubber mats.
For those awash in anxiety and alienation, who feel that everything is spinning out of control, conspiracy theories are extremely effective emotional tools. For those in low status groups, they provide a sense of superiority: I possess important information most people do not have.   For those who feel powerless, they provide agency: I have the power to reject “experts” and expose hidden cabals.   As Cass Sunstein of Harvard Law School points out, they provide liberation:   If I imagine my foes are completely malevolent, then I can use any tactic I want.  
The GOP’s challenge is how to harness that Trump turnout without, well, Trump himself. Because it can’t be stressed enough, the hidden deplorables aren’t Republican or even conservative. They have no ideology other than the ideology of destruction. Their life is ****. They want to bring down everyone else to their levels.
- David Brooks NYT 2020

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
- David Brooks NYT 2020