Author Topic: CMD keys on the Kinesis Advantage2  (Read 2178 times)

Offline ee7klt

CMD keys on the Kinesis Advantage2
« on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 04:13:47 »
I just got my Kinesis and have put it in to the default Mac mode (CTRL keys -> CMD) but I find the CMD keys to be too far away. I normally use CMD+A (select all), CMD+C (copy), CMD+V (paste), CMD+W (close tab) etc. all with my left hand. Now it's so awkward to stretch from the CMD to the Q for example all with my left hand. Does this mean I've been doing it wrong all this while? Should I have to remap my muscle memory to press CMD with the right thumb and Q with the left pinky? Which setup do you guys use for the mac and do you remap the CMD to be closer to the other letter keys?

Offline JohanAR

Re: CMD keys on the Kinesis Advantage2
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 06:54:35 »
I don't have any problems pressing Ctrl + some key using just one hand, but maybe I have larger hands than you. I just rotate the hand a little to comfortably put the tip of the thumb on the Ctrl and it barely affects my other fingers so they can still reach all their normal keys. But if you're typing with both hands on the keyboard I think it feels more ergonomic to press modifiers with one hand and the character key with the other

Offline handcoding

Re: CMD keys on the Kinesis Advantage2
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 17:14:23 »
I remapped CapsLock to Cmd on my Kinesis Advantage when I first got it, and I’ve never regretted it. Give it a shot—I think it’ll help!