Author Topic: [FS] 1986 Model M 122-key, Kensington Trackball, Alps Numpad, Junk Model M Case  (Read 2054 times)

Offline kishy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
A few items I'd like to get rid of:

1. IBM 1386887 Model M, 122-key, for 3179 terminal
Yes, this is "that" keyboard, one of the two I used to make my big splash into GH back in the day. No, I do not expect that adds any historical value. These days, you would use something like Soarer's converter for this, as I have.

This keyboard is old and tired. The barrel plate has horizontal cracks and it is missing more rivets than it has left. I used to use this keyboard, but it became unreliable due to rivets popping off on a regular basis. The remaining rivets may not even survive shipping. Because of the barrel plate cracks, I'm not even sure it's a good bolt mod candidate. This is being sold whole but for parts. It is reasonably clean but not perfect and has spent the last 2 years in my garage.

Serial number 1016722, birthdate 1986-10-16.
25 CAD, plus shipping cost.

2. External numpad from Ultinet (Nan Tan) 386 laptop, proprietary interface, old Alps switches, disassembled
Previously discussed here.
At some point, I decided to start desoldering switches on this, before I was very good at it. I think some of the removed switches are damaged as they don't feel right when pushing them. These switches are tactile but the sound is fairly quiet, not loud clicky by a long shot.

Free, plus shipping cost.

3. Kensington Expert Mouse 64215 Version 5.0. Edit 2018-04-04: this is no longer available.

4. Junk IBM Model M case, exceptionally poor condition
I parted out this keyboard over 5 years ago and somehow I still have the case.
Manufactured in Mexico 1993-07-01. Condition as shown.
Screws have since been used elsewhere; no longer included.

Free, plus shipping cost.

5. IBM 12J3618 ScrollPoint mouse. Edit 2018-03-10: this is no longer available.

All items are shipping from Windsor, ON, Canada via Canada Post. I will ship anywhere. Payment is accepted via PayPal. I am a long-established member and don't expect anyone should have any issues trusting me, but my Heatware is here (and I've had many more successful transactions that aren't reflected there).

I understand Tapatalk offers a messaging function over and above the built-in forum software PM system. I do not use Tapatalk, so please stick to the forum software PM system for me to see your message.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2018, 09:58:21 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
I have repaired barrel plates with model cement (the old-fashioned kind that people used to sniff) and it has worked well.

After a bolt-mod, there isn't much chance for movement anyway.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
I have repaired barrel plates with model cement (the old-fashioned kind that people used to sniff) and it has worked well.

After a bolt-mod, there isn't much chance for movement anyway.

This is good to know. I figured it may be salvageable, but didn't want to get any hopes up that it would be.
kishy.ca

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Bump; availability edits made to the OP.
kishy.ca