Author Topic: Mac Boot Key Board  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Ando0o0

Mac Boot Key Board
« on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 16:36:44 »
Hey Everyone,

I work in IT at an office that uses a Mac environment. I am constantly needing to boot computers into target hard drive mode which is holding down the "T" key upon boot up. I was about to tear a keyboard apart and utilize just the "T" key, however I looked online and found six key keyboards. I wanted to know before I start investing in some direction - if anyone was familiar with a Mac boot command key board. In my ideal world the keyboard would have all the boot command key combos as single key choices but a command key with S, T, R, ECT would be cool to. Just wondering what is involved as I am very new to this type of mod diy. 

Note: I think it would be cool for the keys to lock as boot time can take awhile on older comps so holding down combos is a time killer.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 March 2018, 16:38:38 by Ando0o0 »

Offline Tactile

Re: Mac Boot Key Board
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 20:38:49 »
There are quite a number of programmable keypads. In this use, "programmable" means you can assign any keystroke to any key.

Here's a one key board like you were considering.

More keys on this one.

If you can solder you can make this one or this one.

These are just a few examples. However, I know nothing about Macs or OSX. I can't tell you how hard or easy it might be to program these under OSX or how well any of them work with a Mac.
REΛLFORCE