Author Topic: [SOLD] Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped  (Read 6687 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ander

  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1197
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 18:53:55 »
Preh Commander MC128WX Keyboard





BIN for a mere $8.00 + $20.65 shipping

These are rated for 50M keypresses (see product info here), so unless the seller has a severely inflated opinion of RDs, they're apparently mechanical of some type.

I'm assuming it's dye-subbed, as pad printing wouldn't last long in a POS environment, right?

Also note the key labeled "DO NOT USE"—I'm tempted to buy the thing just to see what's under there.  :?)
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 03:35:01 by ander »

Offline fohat.digs

  • * Elevated Elder
  • Posts: 6567
  • Location: 35°55'N, 83°53'W
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:59:58 »
I would have bought it for the caps, even though I am not a Cherry user, but "Enter" is almost worn off, so it is surely not durable.
“These economic royalists complain that we seek to overthrow the institutions of America. What they really complain of is that we seek to take away their power."
He paused for a moment, then thundered, “Our allegiance to American institutions requires the overthrow of this kind of power!”
“In vain,” Roosevelt said, “they seek to hide behind the Flag and the Constitution. In their blindness they forget what the Flag and the Constitution stand for. Now, as always, they stand for democracy, not tyranny; for freedom, not subjection; and against a dictatorship by mob rule and the over-privileged alike.”
- Franklin Roosevelt 1933

Offline Blaise170

  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Posts: 1328
  • Location: Boston, MA
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:55:06 »
It's not mechanical. It uses a "polyester switching membrane". In fact, I don't think any PREH boards are mechanical.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline ander

  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1197
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 00:49:14 »
I would have bought it for the caps, even though I am not a Cherry user, but "Enter" is almost worn off, so it is surely not durable.

You're right, Fo, I didn't spot that... Thanks!


It's not mechanical. It uses a "polyester switching membrane". In fact, I don't think any PREH boards are mechanical.

I was just going by the "50 million keypresses" in the product literature. But I doubt anyone ever counts their keypresses... If they do, they really need to get out more.