Author Topic: [NOOB Alert] Layout almost like Tada68 to be my first build.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline KawabataLuis

Hi there guys,

I've bee lurking for a while and adventuring myself on buying some stuff.

I've got a 60% about a week ago, and even though i loved the poker layout, after looking around a bit, I really liked the idea of the Tada68, but with two 1.25u keys on the right of the space bar and a small empty space before the arrow keys.

I started getting quite some interest on building my own 60%, and thought that would be a nice one. My question is what is the best pack of case + PCB to achieve this layout? If I get the parts of the Tada68 I'll be able to put this layout? What you guys think is the best to build this?

EDIT: Better description of the layout i really liked: The up arrow key ocuppy 1u of the shift, making it 1.5u?(i'm a noob, i'm not sure  :)).

I think a good example for this layout would be the alt?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mito-laser-alt-keyboard

But i quite don't have the money for it, that's why I would like to know good examples to build one for a cheaper price  :D

Thank you in advance  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:14:05 by KawabataLuis »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: [NOOB Alert] Layout almost like Tada68 to be my first build.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:00:08 »
Perhaps you'll like the va68? I'm not 100% of what you're going for, but this seems to fit your "small space before the arrow keys" criteria.

I also know there are a few pcbs floating around that match this case, so you could either build your own or buy prebuilt.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/varmilo-va68m-mechanical-keyboard
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:07:49 »
Oh, that's definitely an option. I think i missed some details actually, sorry, will edit.

Offline dwarf.factory

• Hi Im Dwarf!
    • Dwarf Factory
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 05:25:11 »
Tada 60% is a great option, you still can refer to Varmilo 60% build. They are all so good.
My pure desire is GOLD