Author Topic: [IC] Split, ortholinear Topre-switch keyboard  (Read 1107 times)

Offline mewa

[IC] Split, ortholinear Topre-switch keyboard
« on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 18:27:05 »
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, but I've been closely following r/mk for quite some time now :)

But to the point.

I've been pondering on the idea of a split, ortholinear keyboard with Topre switches and I'd like to check if there's demand for this kind of stuff.

The final result would look like a Let's Split with Topre switches.

I have already started an IC thread on r/mk [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8s8l3o/ic_split_ortholinear_topreswitch_keyboard/) with some more details (however they're still pretty vague, due to the nature of the stage this endeavour is currently at).

If you want to skip the reddit thread, here's a direct link to the [IC form](https://goo.gl/forms/DwMv87h5k043XT3r1).

Thanks!

Offline elDuderino

[IC] Split, ortholinear Topre-switch keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 19:36:46 »
I am very interested! It doesn’t sound like you’ve sorted out issues with actually getting topre switches sourced, though, which (afaik) is the main reason such a project doesn’t currently exist. Would love to be proven wrong though!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2018, 21:47:58 by elDuderino »

Offline neralo

Re: [IC] Split, ortholinear Topre-switch keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 02:42:57 »
 About 2 years ago on DT there was a user who was trying to figure out a split ortho topre keyboard. I'm not sure how far he go though.

https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/designing-a-custom-topre-board-t11734.html
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Online ProtonDecay

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 07:21:13 »
Interested, but would prefer a bit more flexibility with a 5x6 or 5x7 grid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline mewa

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 18:20:13 »
Thank you for your interest everyone! The number of responses is slowly rising and I'm extremely grateful for that.

These kind of numbers are extremely handy when talking about a project. I'm currently working on it, discussing the details, and will post some updates once I receive them.

Thank you for the link - actually, I have already seen the previous attempts and they were the inspiration for this project. Though I hope this one will succeed :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2018, 18:24:25 by mewa »

Offline mwahlig

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 20:39:55 »
I'm definitely interested in a topre ortho keyboard

Offline Vizir

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 21:55:11 »
showing interest now that i know it doesn't require scavenging from existing topre boards

Online Acereconkeys

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 01:37:40 »
Good luck on this keyboard journey. Modding/building custom boards with Topre is going to be a real challenge.

I'll be following along hope to see this project continue. Personally i'd be more interested in a 45% topre board than a split ortho.

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 20:41:26 »
I'm definitely interested and would be willing to throw a lot of money at it. I would not even care if I had to scavenge Realforces for it :)

Please keep us posted!