Author Topic: Help with pro Micro  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Redostrike

Help with pro Micro
« on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 00:13:51 »
Hey,

This is my first attempt to create a "full" keyboard. I have done research and found that I could use a Arduino pro micro to create what I need 6 rows 14 columns. Which would result in the use of 20 i/o pins. I read that the micro pro has these many pins but when I look at the board it looks like to only have 18 pins I could use. Am I missing something?

Offline Kilgarah

Re: Help with pro Micro
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 00:26:21 »
Hey,

This is my first attempt to create a "full" keyboard. I have done research and found that I could use a Arduino pro micro to create what I need 6 rows 14 columns. Which would result in the use of 20 i/o pins. I read that the micro pro has these many pins but when I look at the board it looks like to only have 18 pins I could use. Am I missing something?
Pro micro only has 18 pins available. Teensy 2.0 has 21. You could use that, or you can build your 4x16 in such a way that multiple rows or columns are wired as one.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline JianYang

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 04:23:45 »
The easiest would be to get a teensy, but if you are feeling adventurous, you can look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5uhbva/you_actually_have_more_than_18_gpio_pins_on_a_pro/

Offline Redostrike

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 05:46:58 »
The easiest would be to get a teensy, but if you are feeling adventurous, you can look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5uhbva/you_actually_have_more_than_18_gpio_pins_on_a_pro/

Ah that's why there are 20 pins the leds are pins. Hmm i have 4 pro clones lying around so i might just try it out then rather use what i have than buy something new for now.