Author Topic: GH sale thread?  (Read 12119 times)

Online chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: GH sale thread?
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 20:37:12 »
As many here, I am uneasy about selling GH to a corporation (or to a national entity).

What about making GH a club with annual dues? Has this been considered and possibly rejected?

Might want to take a look at this thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96513.0
Clueboard Gateron Browns| RS Ver.b Gateron Browns| Custom JD45 MX Browns

Currently Supporting:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Fire sale is happening. Slowly
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 05:35:06 »
As many here, I am uneasy about selling GH to a corporation (or to a national entity).

What about making GH a club with annual dues? Has this been considered and possibly rejected?

GH already sold

It was also already considered for that kind of thing to happen. People were asked for donations, people started to donate monthly then stopped. Asking nicely for money didn't work and asking everyone to pay money was met with lots of disagreement.

I've voiced my opinion about all the above before, but my donations have continued after the sale to Massdrop, completely unintentionally on my part as I thought they would be cancelled when the sale was finalised, so I don't think they were taken seriously towards the end.
Keyboard of the Month - August - Vote

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout Email me - katushkin at geekhack dot org | Twitter | Snapchat - Katushkin | Steam | Instagram|

Keyboard of the Month - June - Vote!

Keyboard of the Month  - July - Nominations

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 06:08:31 »

GH already sold

It was also already considered for that kind of thing to happen. People were asked for donations, people started to donate monthly then stopped. Asking nicely for money didn't work and asking everyone to pay money was met with lots of disagreement.

I've voiced my opinion about all the above before, but my donations have continued after the sale to Massdrop, completely unintentionally on my part as I thought they would be cancelled when the sale was finalised, so I don't think they were taken seriously towards the end.

Yes it was and I remember all that happening.

I'm not surprised they were not cancelled though. That's pretty ****ty they weren't cancelled by iMav prior to the sale finalizing.

Online chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 10:28:21 »

GH already sold

Wait a minute... so iMav has still been getting your donations?  That's messed up!
Clueboard Gateron Browns| RS Ver.b Gateron Browns| Custom JD45 MX Browns

Currently Supporting: