Author Topic: Redditor / Lurker coming home to keyboard dreamland  (Read 2259 times)

Offline syris226

Redditor / Lurker coming home to keyboard dreamland
« on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 19:56:27 »
Hello everyone. I am a longtime redditor and lurker here who finally decided to make an account and get in on the keeb action at the ground level. I was at Keycon 2017 which is when I actually realized that GH is the online nucleus of keyboard enthusiasts - and all this time I thought it was /r/mechanicalkeyboards  :eek:

I've done a lot of trading on reddit and I've done a couple of builds as well. My pride and joy is my stickerbomb'd pok3r with gateron jailhouse blues that many of you saw at Philly keycon. You can see my baby here!

I also did a couple of other builds that I have since sold. I did love my b.87 Skeletor (jailhouse mx blue) and my poker II Captain America board (mx brown) - but alas, they are gone to good homes (I hope).

I'm patiently waiting for a shipment from KBDFans which will have my final parts for my next project - a TADA68 with cherry speed silvers! I have a nice bamboo case coming for it and purple LEDs to solder in. Hopefully, it will do skeletor well!

Anyway, I hope to get even deeper into one of my favorite hobbies by being around this board. The people I met at the con were super awesome and I'm glad to be part of the keyboard community!

See you around and happy clacking.  :cool:

- Syris AKA pittengr

Offline adoringbunny

• ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*
Re: Redditor / Lurker coming home to keyboard dreamland
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 21:24:36 »
Cute Captain America board!

Offline syris226

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 07:53:34 »

Thanks! I really do miss that board - I shouldn't have gotten rid of it. It was my first build before I realized what was out there in the custom keyboard universe (artisan caps, GMK keysets, GBs, etc.). Once I found all of those I started thinking it "wasn't custom enough" so I sold it off. Big mistake! Now, I think that it doesn't matter what any board is like in terms of price or uniqueness - if you like it then that's good enough!

Offline adoringbunny

• ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 11:14:10 »

Thanks! I really do miss that board - I shouldn't have gotten rid of it. It was my first build before I realized what was out there in the custom keyboard universe (artisan caps, GMK keysets, GBs, etc.). Once I found all of those I started thinking it "wasn't custom enough" so I sold it off. Big mistake! Now, I think that it doesn't matter what any board is like in terms of price or uniqueness - if you like it then that's good enough!

Aw! Maybe you can recreate it someday. Captain America II :)

Offline syris226

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 11:46:07 »
Aw! Maybe you can recreate it someday. Captain America II :)

Yeah maybe! I think that a blue case with some red on white caps would look good. Or maybe some white blanks with a red backlight. :)