Author Topic: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)  (Read 66282 times)

Offline jobest06

Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 19:33:00 »
This is a long shot but does anyone here have any extra GSUS pandas they are willing to sell? I'm located in Ontario outside of Toronto. Thanks :)

Offline frothy

« Reply #801 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 16:14:29 »
Got them! Praise GSUS! Thanks Supervan :D

Offline Rob27shred

• Too many boards, yet not enough...
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 18:12:21 »
Any opinions on what springs to use with these housings? The stock spring doesn't look like much on visual inspection.

If they are the same springs that YOK Red Pandas use (which considering YOKs are the same as GSUS, just a different color I'd bet they are) you're absolutely right, they're trash. When I first got my YOKs I did some messing around with swapping the stems & springs of few different switches with them. I put a YOK spring & Halo stem in a V2 Zealio housing & the YOK spring created the worst spring noise I have ever heard. Crunch or ping are woefully understating the sounds that came out that monstrosity, basically it was a very loud grinding noise! That said they did not sound nearly that bad in the YOK housings, but it did kill any confidence I have in using those springs in any switch.

Anyways the springs I used for my "Satanic Pandas" were Spirit 72g stainless steel ones & I am very happy with the feel of them. It really depends on your personal preferences on spring weighting, but for me 67g to 78g springs seems to be the sweet spot for Holy Pandas & Holy variants. :thumb:
Current DD: AEK64 with SKCM Orange switches (SKCM Brown switches on Esc. & Space bar), steel plate cut from an AEKII plate (sanded & painted flat black), in a KBDfans Lambo clone alum. case.

Online wellbeing44

• helo i like jappanese keybaords
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 01:02:33 »
Any opinions on what springs to use with these housings? The stock spring doesn't look like much on visual inspection.

If they are the same springs that YOK Red Pandas use (which considering YOKs are the same as GSUS, just a different color I'd bet they are) you're absolutely right, they're trash. When I first got my YOKs I did some messing around with swapping the stems & springs of few different switches with them. I put a YOK spring & Halo stem in a V2 Zealio housing & the YOK spring created the worst spring noise I have ever heard. Crunch or ping are woefully understating the sounds that came out that monstrosity, basically it was a very loud grinding noise! That said they did not sound nearly that bad in the YOK housings, but it did kill any confidence I have in using those springs in any switch.

Anyways the springs I used for my "Satanic Pandas" were Spirit 72g stainless steel ones & I am very happy with the feel of them. It really depends on your personal preferences on spring weighting, but for me 67g to 78g springs seems to be the sweet spot for Holy Pandas & Holy variants. :thumb:

Isn't it a given that the only thing worth using in Panda switches and clones is the housing? I've never heard of anyone using the springs or stems unironically.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #804 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 01:03:59 »

Isn't it a given that the only thing worth using in Panda switches and clones is the housing? I've never heard of anyone using the springs or stems unironically.

OG pandas had a decent spring. Clones do not.

Offline oldcat

« Reply #805 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 16:02:12 »

OG pandas had a decent spring. Clones do not.

For OG pandas, I'd still swap them out for SPRiT 65g or 63.5g :)
$ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oldcat87/
$ ALF Studio Discord: https://discord.gg/NHYnp8g
$ Gray Studio Discord: https://discord.gg/s99eys2

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 19:36:27 »
I used Sprit 72g progressive springs, they turned out quite well. No spring crunch and weighting feels snappy.

Online rondg

« Reply #807 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:21:16 »
I used Sprit 72g progressive springs, they turned out quite well. No spring crunch and weighting feels snappy.

I'm really curious about this.. Does the progressive spring have any noticeable advantage over the non-progressive spring?

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:53:16 »

I'm really curious about this.. Does the progressive spring have any noticeable advantage over the non-progressive spring?

I have the 1.1v springs, which feel the same as a non-progressive spring. The weighting at the ends are too similar to make a noticeable feel. However, the 1.2v springs have a greater difference between the actuation(I have not tried the 1.2v yet).

My comment is mainly about 72g Sprit springs being very good weight for Holy GSUS.

Offline Ashardalon

« Reply #809 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 00:06:25 »

Do you find that there's any major difference between SS springs and gold-plated? The gold-plated look nice, but they're a fair bit more expensive and I'm not sure if the cost is truly justified.
RAMA KOYU (Haze) - Unbuilt | aanzee (PC) - Unbuilt | Tofu65 w/ Silent Reds | FC980C - heavily modded | FC660M & FC210TP - Blacks

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #810 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 01:42:22 »

Do you find that there's any major difference between SS springs and gold-plated? The gold-plated look nice, but they're a fair bit more expensive and I'm not sure if the cost is truly justified.

there is no difference at all aside from aesthetic

some have claimed that gold springs will be smoother but i have seen no evidence of this either way
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Schumiboard" | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (when it ships) | Daily driver: TGR Alice

Puddsy's just a post ****

Offline faxe

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 04:11:54 »
SF-Express is now showing 2019-01-14 Monday 08:02:00 Out for delivery

17track is showing me:
2019-01-29 06:17
Finland, 【Finland】 The shipment is being returned【 Reason: Returned to sender for receiver refusal】

Never got a local shipping number from anywhere, never got any note or package deliver home or anything.
SuperVan if you are reading this, please message me or I will file for a refund in paypal after 1.5 week

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried contacting SuperVan, waiting on reply as well. Did you get any?
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline spooknik

« Reply #812 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 05:37:03 »
SF-Express is now showing 2019-01-14 Monday 08:02:00 Out for delivery

17track is showing me:
2019-01-29 06:17
Finland, 【Finland】 The shipment is being returned【 Reason: Returned to sender for receiver refusal】

Never got a local shipping number from anywhere, never got any note or package deliver home or anything.
SuperVan if you are reading this, please message me or I will file for a refund in paypal after 1.5 week

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried contacting SuperVan, waiting on reply as well. Did you get any?

My switches never came, so I tried writing Supervan a PM and an email, gave him two weeks. Never heard anything. I filed a claim on Paypal about a month ago. The seller should respond and you should work out a deal with the seller. Never heard anything from Supervan. Asked paypal to escalate the claim meaning they will look into it and make decision if I get the money back. So i'm waiting for them to come back with an answer next Monday. I suggest anyone who hasn't gotten their switches to take it up with paypal.

Supervan is MIA and not willing to work things out 1 to 1 get your money back while you can.