Author Topic: Typing Demo XL: Alps SKCM blue (Northgate OmniKey 102)  (Read 1688 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Typing Demo XL: Alps SKCM blue (Northgate OmniKey 102)
« on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 16:50:00 »
It's nice to do videos like this and treat myself to the occasional bout of blue Alps ^^ . Hope you enjoy the video!

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Typing Demo XL: Alps SKCM blue (Northgate OmniKey 102)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 17:06:22 »
Do you have anything resembling a "daily driver" or even a small handful of them, or are you constantly rotating?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 17:09:28 »
Such an amazing sound...I wish I had some in one of my omnikeys but sadly I am not that lucky, But I can listen to the glory of these switches through this video from now on!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 17:25:25 »

I wish I had some in one of my omnikeys but sadly I am not that lucky

Neither high-quality Alps blues switches nor pristine Omnikey 101s are impossibly rare. It took me a few years but I eventually got both of those and with my soldering iron I created a near-perfect Franken-board.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 17:49:19 »
Neither high-quality Alps blues switches nor pristine Omnikey 101s are impossibly rare. It took me a few years but I eventually got both of those and with my soldering iron I created a near-perfect Franken-board.

I know, but people price them like they are. It isn't easy being too poor for one...

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 00:38:11 »
Do you have anything resembling a "daily driver" or even a small handful of them, or are you constantly rotating?
No, I have to rotate constantly; I have to work quite far ahead sometimes. Although I've been using a ZKB-2R at work for over two years now.
Check my keyboard video reviews: