Author Topic: a hilarious comic  (Read 1935 times)

Offline wellington1869

a hilarious comic
« on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 10:42:58 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
a hilarious comic
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:54:43 »
*facepalm*
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline wellington1869

a hilarious comic
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 19:14:09 »
how would you like to do this for a living?  the author was apparently one of these lifelong students who eventually ran out of money and degrees and started drawing comics. I leafed thru some of the other comics, the quality is absolutely first rate, both visually and in terms of the breadth of his cultural/pseudo-intellectual  references ;)  Apparently he uses photoshop and a cintiq tablet.

http://dresdencodak.com/about/

Seems to have a really great eclectic background. Great way to make a living if it works out.

This kind of stuff also reminds me of some philosophy comic books one of my friends told me about. I read the one about bertrand russell (a bio in comic book form) which was really excellent (and at 350 pages, thorough!)  But apparently there are also comics where philosophical figures from the past go about fighting crime while philosophizing. Have to get my hands on one of those.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:02:59 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
a hilarious comic
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:11:18 »
When I started working in biotech, in addition to Bioinformatics for Dummies, I bought a comic book called Introducing Genetics. It was a great learning-curve smasher.

My brother has drawn a comic strip a day for the last 40-odd years or so. He was roommates with Phil Phoglio at the Chicago Institute of Art.
link2
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:14:42 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Rajagra

a hilarious comic
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 21:45:59 »
Quote from: wellington1869;176311
Show Image

...Want.
$2000. Hmmm. I've paid more for just a screen, I wish I still had that money now to buy one of those. Trouble is I'd never stop 'shopping.
So in answer to your question, yes, I'd like to do that for a living.

Offline Morning Song

a hilarious comic
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 02:07:15 »
I've been drooling over Cintiqs for yeeears. Getting to use one for a living would be like... being paid to exist for me. But they've always been just a little out of my price range.
Clicky keyboards and big trackballs forever!

Keyboards:
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M 1391401, Unicomp Customizer 104, PS/2 modded IBM Model F Terminal 6110668 (current favorite)
Cherry: Filco Majestouch 105 Blue NKRO w/ doubleshots
ALPS: Dell AT101W Black SNAFU (Silent No-longer; All Fukka\'d Up), Siig Minitouch KB1948 Geek Hack Spacesaver edition, Focus FK-2001 w/ WinKeys+XM Alps
Rubber Dome: Belkin F8E887-BLK, Silitek SK-6000, Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard

Works in Progress:
Prism ATX N9 Keyboard w/ Fukkas (Clickleaf Donor), Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2/02 Brown NKRO, Cherry G81-7000HPCUS-2/02 (Doubleshot donors), Unicomp Customizer 101 (Springs donor, needs boltmod)

Pointing Devices:
Kensington Expert Mouse 7, Wacom Intuos3 6x8 w/ classic pen

Looking to buy/trade for:Dolch Cherry keycaps, Northgate Omnikey (With Fkeys on top, or both top & left), IBM Model F AT