Author Topic: 65-75% Keyboard Suggestions?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline JustFluxz

65-75% Keyboard Suggestions?
« on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 23:34:15 »
Hi, so I have been on the hunt for good compact 65%-75% mechanical keyboards. To start, I have only ever used Cherry switches, and I much prefer linear switches, so I ordered a bunch of switches to test. I would really like to use Kailh BOX Red switches, but it makes it more difficult to get backlighting for my keys. I was looking at the KBD75, TADA68, and GK64, but they all have sacrifices and none are perfect for what I want. I want to be able to have a nice aluminum body, with backlit keys (for underglow) preferably as white or customizeable per-key rgb, a lot of switch options (hoping for box red switches), and the ability to add multimedia functions to control spotify, such as next and previous tracks, play/pause, and volume up and volume down. I do not trust myself to do any soldering so I would prefer the option to have it built  for me, or already built. I prefer the key layout of the TADA68 and layout 1 of the KBD75, as I do not like gaps in between the keys. Currently, I am unsure if I want to get rid of the Fn keys, but my main 2 boards that I have used in past few years is a Cooler Master Master Keys Pro S RGB with Cherry Red switches and a Corsair K95 Platinum with Cherry Speed switches. I also am kinda getting bored of black cased keyboards, so I was hoping for a grey or silver instead. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2018, 23:42:56 by JustFluxz »
Wantlist: Black/Red Blue Little Dot, Orwell Revenant, 451 Spook, Heterochromic Shishi