Author Topic: Zbrojovka Brno 262.12  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Felima

Zbrojovka Brno 262.12
« on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 15:36:17 »
I have this (in my opinion) rather interesting keyboard on my hands.
It is compatible with modern computer by use of Soarer's converter.
it's a Zbrojovka Brno 262.12, not quite sure what year it was made, so far I have not noticed any date stamps (yet)

This board measures up a healthy 52cm by 24cm, and it sits about 3cm tall from the desk, weighing in at 2kilograms.And it has a 5pin DIN plug.

it's keycaps are made of thick doubleshot ABS, similar to what Honeywell used to make.

Same goes for the switches, being a hall effect keyboard, the switches and internals were made by the old soviet company called Tesla.It does support NKRO, is this common for hall effect keyboards of this vintage? This keyboard is a bit of an oddball still, as it does have locklights, suggesting it might be using the AT protocol. And it kind of does a mix of AT and XT, as I notice that the arrow cluster acts a bit strange. But otherwise this old keyboard is still usable to this day, pretty odd I think for a hall effect board. It does support some sort of "feet"on the back of the board, consisting of small tiny rubber feet in the upper corners, and a metal bar to raise it up off the desk. The angle it does is pretty wild!

Some of the switches do feel a little gritty, is there any way I can open these without destroying them at all? If anyone here has some more info about this keyboard, please do fill me in!

My phone won't let me upload photos here so here is Imgur link: https://imgur.com/gallery/Ju9h2bs

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Zbrojovka Brno 262.12
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 04:18:37 »
Nice board, thanks for sharing :thumb:

The switches look pretty clean so you could try blowing them with some compressed air and hope it's just a bit of dust.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 12:53:06 »
i have an older version of this (that does not use AT/XT protocol).  https://imgur.com/a/rVzXq3C

the older ones are true hall effect, at some point they are sorta-hall effect with it triggering a reed switch.

since yours is XT compatible, doing a soarers converter is possible, but you'll need to remap the keys its outputting to the proper keys you want.  for mine, the switches do come apart, but i can't see a way with yours. 

here's a neat review of the older ones here,

these are sometimes called gerkonics if you are searching for more help.

I have this (in my opinion) rather interesting keyboard on my hands.
It is compatible with modern computer by use of Soarer's converter.
it's a Zbrojovka Brno 262.12, not quite sure what year it was made, so far I have not noticed any date stamps (yet)

This board measures up a healthy 52cm by 24cm, and it sits about 3cm tall from the desk, weighing in at 2kilograms.And it has a 5pin DIN plug.

it's keycaps are made of thick doubleshot ABS, similar to what Honeywell used to make.

Same goes for the switches, being a hall effect keyboard, the switches and internals were made by the old soviet company called Tesla.It does support NKRO, is this common for hall effect keyboards of this vintage? This keyboard is a bit of an oddball still, as it does have locklights, suggesting it might be using the AT protocol. And it kind of does a mix of AT and XT, as I notice that the arrow cluster acts a bit strange. But otherwise this old keyboard is still usable to this day, pretty odd I think for a hall effect board. It does support some sort of "feet"on the back of the board, consisting of small tiny rubber feet in the upper corners, and a metal bar to raise it up off the desk. The angle it does is pretty wild!

Some of the switches do feel a little gritty, is there any way I can open these without destroying them at all? If anyone here has some more info about this keyboard, please do fill me in!

My phone won't let me upload photos here so here is Imgur link: https://imgur.com/gallery/Ju9h2bs

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 01:51:43 »
Sorry for necro, but where did you guys manage to get these?