Author Topic: Rarekeyboardstore and Brian O'Neill Rave!!!  (Read 14114 times)

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
Rarekeyboardstore and Brian O'Neill Rave!!!
« on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 12:04:35 »
Even though I've only been a GHacker for just over a month, I feel like a regular here.   I think I've had about a dozen transactions during this time and they've all been positive on my end and hopefully the same on the other end.  

I really felt a need to post a rave review here based on my experiences.   As many know, I've gotten hooked on new boards, vintage boards and even the mod experience.   Every day I clean/refurbish/repair some broken keyboard and adopt that board into my growing family of input devices.  

Well.....I found Brian and Rarekeyboardstore on Ebay and purchased a Model AT F aka PC AT keyboard, aka Model F AT keyboard on a Buy it Now  (don't forget the 8% Bing Cashback folks) a week or so ago.  I also knew based on one of the Model F AT threads that Brian had a "parts" unit that he wouldn't sell based on damage to the numpad section of the board.    We got to emailing back and forth and this is what I ended up purchasing for a GREAT deal!!!!

Now this is the way to pack!!!  

Here is something that many here on Geekhack might be interested in.  It's a terminal Space Saving Mini in absolutely MINT condition:

Without me even asking, Brian completely cleaned the board, sent me photos, and swapped in a set of non-terminal keys and a standard Model M controller.   Ain't she a beaut!!  And I got a nice IBM SDL cable.  These terminal Minis are often in GREAT shape whereas the standard SDL Minis are often in HORRIBLE shape.   Swap in a regular Space Saving Mini board and you're up and running.  In this case, I rather like having a board without the hidden numpad.   I feel like 1/2 of the guys on Geekhack need/love the numpad while others  (Filco Tenkeyless fans for ex) really have no need/use for the numpad.   Price I purchased this for is far too low to even mention.  Lets just say (in Ripster fashion) that the price was sehr gut!!!  

I bought another one just like it  Heheheheheheheheheheheheehehhe!!!!  

Next up ......  what just may be one of the nicest boards I now own:

Just a gorgeous board.  Nice space bar action needing no modification and just MINT!!!   Not a speck on her.   I don't even want to take her out of her sandwich bag!!!  

Now for the stuff that was simply unexpected:

I haven't had a chance to fully check this board out, but the case is in GREAT shape and I figure it won't take much effort to get this up and running.  

And I received three of these for just the additional cost of shipping:

Even the box is cool!!!!  

So all in all just an incredible transaction on my end.  

A few comments......I read through various threads by two long standing members here on Geekhack.   Brian and I had a nice conversation and I encourage both of you to purchase some items from Brian.   I don't think you'll be disappointed.    And I personally vouched for both of the Geekhackers here who ended up less than 100% satisfied.   Hey.....no one is perfect, but a nice transaction does wonders to appease hard feelings.  

So.....group hug here!!   Everyone feel the love!!!  

Max Lugar.......I know you're digging my new 84 key Model AT F.  

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 12:12:06 »
Don't kid yourself......you don't have everything  :)

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 12:43:53 »
I think Webwit should open "Rarerkeyboardstore" and kick things off by posting the IBM M15 he recently acquired.

Nice boards SKC!
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 12:54:19 »
Quote from: webwit;179202
Well, everything I want. I don't have this one and I want it.

What is that?  An industrial XT?  If I happen to come across one....it's yours.   Promise.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:03:01 »
Quote from: webwit;179219
Yes, it's the keyboard for the IBM Industrial PC 5531. Very rare, the PC was quickly succeeded and the industrial keyboard was also quickly replaced for a beige one I think.

What I don't fully understand is whether anyone has actually converted or constructed an active adapter so that the XT board can be used with our modern PCs.  Or is this just another Geekhack search that I'm just lazy to perform :)

Offline JBert

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:09:31 »
Actually, there is a wiki or modification thread about an XT converter on this very forum.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:14:59 »
Quote from: webwit;179222
Yes, you're too lazy. Clickykeyboards sold some converters based on a design by some Dutch dude I'm too lazy to look up. Maxlugar has one he does not use but didn't want to sell either, maybe you are more successful. Also, if you know how to wield a soldering iron, and know about kbdbabel.org, you can build your own.

Okay.  Thanks.   I needed something new to keep me busy.  And since I can "wield" a soldering iron (you mean there are people who can't??), I should be okay.  Lets see if I can build a few of them...

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:27:03 »
I'm also going to hop on the ninja-edit bandwagon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2010, 14:28:25 by ch_123 »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:30:56 »
Quote from: ch_123;179237
An hour without a BON ****storm? Will we make it to two? Find out after this short commercial break.

You'll perhaps be happy to know I completely let it go (****storming, that is).

As far as I'm concerned, he's presented himself to me as a prick and consequently deserves none of my business (regardless of if the collective "you" of geekhack believes he ever would have had it, he would have).

I'm glad you had a positive experience, OP.

Edit: whoops, I did it again. If anyone replies to this post directly or otherwise, they're starting a ****storm I didn't intend.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:38:57 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:45:11 »
Edit
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2010, 14:14:22 by skcheng »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 13:47:47 »
YGPM. Retracting, would appreciate your assistance since you quoted me.
kishy.ca

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 13:12:34 »
My Second Package From Brian.   Wonderful packing as usual:

I had requested a few keycaps to refurbish some of my keyboards and also to replace some boards with some missing keycaps.  I asked for a total of 4 individual keycaps.  This is what I received!!!

My shiny, pretty, APL '88.   Awesome board!!!  Probably my fave Model M:

I probably should have photographed her out of her sandwich bag, but I don't want to get any dust on it LOL.

Another converted Terminal Mini.  Anyone ever wish they could have a cut down Model M?  Don't need the hidden numpad?  I like the clean austere look of this board:

Somehow Brian let this one slip by:

Just kidding of course.   This '86 was a typical ebay purchase.   Nice, right??   Not all of us have deep pockets like "NIB only" Ripster  :))

I'm sending this board over to Brian to have him clean/refurbish it.   I don't know if I can handle working on this one and I can't bring myself to toss it in the trash.   I'll post "after" pics once I get it back from Brian.   Yuck!!!  And yes, that is a dead bug or something stuck in there.   I'm scared to crack open the case LOL.  

So......boys and girls, you can pick and choose.   Nice, clean, completely refurbished board from Brian, or the Epay lottery pick 'em.   Yes, I can clean and gut the board and it will probably look fairly nice, but I have to ask myself if I really want to do it??   Answer:   I just don't know.....

skc

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 13:53:40 »
August 2 is a very good day. Lots of strange and wonderful things born on August 2.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 15:08:33 »
Quote from: ripster;182047
SK, need to take the plastic off the APL keyboard and take pictures of the keys.

Anything for you Rip  :hail:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 15:18:39 »
Quote from: webwit;182085
Cool. What will you be programming first?

Nothing.  I don't even know what the Fn buttons are for  LOL.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:17:08 »
Hmmm, some day I hope to acquire a model F AT and modify it so it will be compatible with my typing. Only problem is some DOS games and other oldies use F12, and even require the numpad. But for general typing and not games it would be great.

One thing I can't understand though, people love the IBM keyboards, but don't even bother to get a good IBM computer. I'm sure there are still a handful of 9229 intellistations around...
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:27:26 »
That's because they are no different to any other well made workstation machine.

Unless you mean the UNIX ones. Could do with one of them alright.

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:31:39 by ch_123 »

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:37:45 »
I doubt I'd like the sound and feel of any off-the-shelve PC... especially the sound. A PC is something I slam together, put under my desk, and then hope not to see or hear again for a couple years.
Typing on blues.

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 17:29:23 »
Awesome boards. Have fun using them, that is what they are meant for after all. Hell, I'm wearing off the letters on my M13 as I type this, (going for Otaku the hardcore way).

@EIBM, I haven't got an IBM rig as I don't want to pay a premium for outdated yet not classic kit. That, and I can't see an Intellistation fitting my WC loop in it, hell, I'm feeling cramped in a Stacker STC-T01!. I did chuck an old Aptiva the other day in work. Perfectly working, but old as the hills. I sold the customer a nice, new custom build that was actually usable with modern applications.

Not everyone gets all hot and bothered about all things bearing those 3 letters. For me it stops at keyboards and Enterprise level servers.And You are a Troll. Not an epic one though, Webwit is by far the closest to that on this site, he just lights the blue touchpaper and watches the fallout.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 May 2010, 17:57:17 by InSanCen »
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline kriminal

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 20:40:38 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;182114

One thing I can't understand though, people love the IBM keyboards, but don't even bother to get a good IBM computer. I'm sure there are still a handful of 9229 intellistations around...

meehhh i dont buy off the shelf PC's.. i build em.. looks better to XD
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Brian ONeil

One dirty 86
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 06:32:55 »
That is one nasty looking 86 my friend! But don't worry, I will have it looking brand new again...

Quote from: skcheng;182019
My Second Package From Brian.   Wonderful packing as usual:

Show Image

I had requested a few keycaps to refurbish some of my keyboards and also to replace some boards with some missing keycaps.  I asked for a total of 4 individual keycaps.  This is what I received!!!

Show Image

My shiny, pretty, APL '88.   Awesome board!!!  Probably my fave Model M:

Show Image

Show Image

I probably should have photographed her out of her sandwich bag, but I don't want to get any dust on it LOL.

Another converted Terminal Mini.  Anyone ever wish they could have a cut down Model M?  Don't need the hidden numpad?  I like the clean austere look of this board:

Show Image

Show Image

Somehow Brian let this one slip by:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just kidding of course.   This '86 was a typical ebay purchase.   Nice, right??   Not all of us have deep pockets like "NIB only" Ripster  :))

I'm sending this board over to Brian to have him clean/refurbish it.   I don't know if I can handle working on this one and I can't bring myself to toss it in the trash.   I'll post "after" pics once I get it back from Brian.   Yuck!!!  And yes, that is a dead bug or something stuck in there.   I'm scared to crack open the case LOL.  

So......boys and girls, you can pick and choose.   Nice, clean, completely refurbished board from Brian, or the Epay lottery pick 'em.   Yes, I can clean and gut the board and it will probably look fairly nice, but I have to ask myself if I really want to do it??   Answer:   I just don't know.....

skc

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 11:32:00 »
Need some more Industrials.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:09:26 »
02 AUG is my birthday. Stop showing those photos.

I do not want what I cannot have.

I lie.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:12:09 »
It doesn't count unless the keyboard was made on the exact day you were born =P

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:14:16 »
Too bad there aren't any 1977 model M's :D
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:25:11 »
Here's one for Ripster -

Depressed woman not included, thankfully.

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:36:42 »
I'm not sure which of these is BON.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:46:06 »
Quote from: ripster;182419
I like em skinny and with suggestive monitors.
Show Image

He's just pretending to be reading those computer printouts.  He's really checking out her monitors.   :)

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 14 May 2010, 16:49:58 »
Note the IBM Model B on the far right.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 21:18:57 »
So I sent my '86 Model M out on Thursday and it's already refurbished and on its way back to me.   Some more "before" pics of a a truly nasty board.  One that I actually considered tossing into the dumpster.

And the "after" pics.  I think Brian was pretty pleased with how nice the refurb job turned out.   I'm pretty thrilled too.  

Brian mentioned to me that he usually charges in the vicinity of $25-$30 for a refurb + missing parts.   I think that's a pretty good deal.   But then again, Brian always has a nice selection of already refurbished Model Ms from btwn $40-$80 so probably just a better deal to buy one already cleaned up and ready for desk duty.  

From now on, I'll send out a few boards for Brian's Model M Elite Detail Services.   Saves me a half a day of sweat and tears.  Good deal in my opinion.   Thanks Brian!!  

Enjoy!!

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 21:34:16 »
Quote from: ripster;186563
Hey, that's CHEATING!

That's like dentists that send out the hard work like Wisdom Teeth to specialists.
Show Image

(yes, I reuse my pics AND my lame jokes.  Especially the lame ones.)

Are those your wizzies???  Did you see an oral surgeon if they are yours??   I usually take out my own, but some patients REALLY should be knocked out under IV or general sedation for really tough surgical extractions.  And that's when I refer out.

Those teeth were NASTY!!  I can't believe they didn't break??!!??

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 22:27:10 »
Mine shattered into little bits.

My memory of the following days is still questionable at best.
kishy.ca

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 22:36:07 »
Quote from: kishy;186569
Mine shattered into little bits.

My memory of the following days is still questionable at best.

Ouch!!  That sucks.   Were you awake for all of that??   Hopefully you got some cool pain meds for the post operative pain??

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 22:37:27 »
I had 5 wisdom teeth, which must be why those Mensa people won't leave me alone.  I haven't been to the dentist in nearly 10 years, only have 1 filling in my mouth :)  But I'm due for a visit.  It's hard to find one you can trust, the 10 year ago guy said I had a massive cavity that wasn't even there so I haven't been back to one.

Anyway, holy smokes that's a clean 1390120!!!!  My 120's are in awe.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 22:48:26 »
Quote from: didjamatic;186573
I had 5 wisdom teeth, which must be why those Mensa people won't leave me alone.  I haven't been to the dentist in nearly 10 years, only have 1 filling in my mouth :)  But I'm due for a visit.  It's hard to find one you can trust, the 10 year ago guy said I had a massive cavity that wasn't even there so I haven't been back to one.

Anyway, holy smokes that's a clean 1390120!!!!  My 120's are in awe.

Actually.....evolution appears to be phasing out wisdom teeth.  More and more of my patients don't ever develop whizzies.  

I work under a microscope and I have digital radiography.   And I would never touch a tooth that didn't require treatment.   I can't really speak for others....

Brian did a nice job cleaning up the board.   It was really grimy and I have no idea what that thick brown fuzzy stuff was???

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 24 May 2010, 22:58:25 »
Quote from: skcheng;186572
Ouch!!  That sucks.   Were you awake for all of that??   Hopefully you got some cool pain meds for the post operative pain??

I was out for the whole thing, they knew it wasn't gonna be easy because they were half underneath my molars (which is why they were coming out, as you'll know...they were pushing forwards rather than out, and in doing so shoving the rest of my teeth forward).

No real pain after, just an ache...I had two medications, a percocet equivalent and something to reduce the swelling. The first (combined with remaining effects from being knocked out) is of course why the first couple days are something rather mysterious in my memory.
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 07:29:12 »
I had an oral surgeon take mine out.  I am fairly resistant to anesthesia, so on top of the general anesthesia, they used some local as well.  I was supposed to be asleep the entire time, but I was wide awake; there was no pain, though.  The only complication I had was that the incisions did not stop bleeding; for the rest of the day, I was spitting up clumps of blood jello.  I had to go back to have them stop the bleeding.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:08:02 »
Quote from: itlnstln;186616
I had an oral surgeon take mine out.  I am fairly resistant to anesthesia, so on top of the general anesthesia, they used some local as well.  I was supposed to be asleep the entire time, but I was wide awake; there was no pain, though.  The only complication I had was that the incisions did not stop bleeding; for the rest of the day, I was spitting up clumps of blood jello.  I had to go back to have them stop the bleeding.

Hmm......by definition if you had general, you couldn't possibly have been awake.   At least not the entire time.   That was your problem with the bleeding.   You're not supposed to spit.   Pressure, with lots of ice and bleeding usually stops the first day.  Of course, slight oozing is normal the first two days.    Especially if the extractions were difficult.  

I'm assuming they packed the sockets with hemostatic foam when you went back?   That and possibly more sutures and directions to refrain from spitting.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:17:33 »
This was a Military hospital.  I wasn't supposed to be awake, but somehow they messed that up.  I didn't have any of those instructions when they sent me home, but they did give me some pain meds (Vicodin).  When I went back the next day, the doctor just pushed on the sutures for a minute until the bleeding stopped.  I was good to go after that.  No dry socket or anything.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:18:10 »
Quote from: kishy;186577
I was out for the whole thing, they knew it wasn't gonna be easy because they were half underneath my molars (which is why they were coming out, as you'll know...they were pushing forwards rather than out, and in doing so shoving the rest of my teeth forward).

No real pain after, just an ache...I had two medications, a percocet equivalent and something to reduce the swelling. The first (combined with remaining effects from being knocked out) is of course why the first couple days are something rather mysterious in my memory.

So your wisdom teeth were mesially impacted.  Those are the easiest type of impaction to treat.   A small vertical release incision is usually performed to expose the crown.  Then the tooth is sectioned, and the roots are elevated into the space left behind.   Not difficult at all and more importantly, very little risk of nerve damage.   Plus you obviously had them removed when you were young which helps matters.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:20:18 »
Quote from: itlnstln;186620
This was a Military hospital.  I wasn't supposed to be awake, but somehow they messed that up.  I didn't have any of those instructions when they sent me home, but they did give me some pain meds (Vicodin).  When I went back the next day, the doctor just pushed on the sutures for a minute until the bleeding stopped.  I was good to go after that.  No dry socket or anything.

I'll refrain from commenting on military dentistry  :)

Vicodin works well.   I usually prescribe Vicodin and occasionally Percoset.    Sometimes Nsaids are all that's necessary.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:23:58 »
Vicodin does nothing for me.  I don't even get high from it.  I took some Aleve instead.  There wasn't a whole lot of pain after the first day.  I was back to eating regular food about two days after the surgery.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 08:27:36 »
Quote from: itlnstln;186626
Vicodin does nothing for me.  I don't even get high from it.  I took some Aleve instead.  There wasn't a whole lot of pain after the first day.  I was back to eating regular food about two days after the surgery.

Hmmm.......tough to anesthesize.  Vicodin does nothing for you.   You must be a "fun" patient.   Aleve is an Nsaid.   Whatever works.   Maybe you need Oxycontin and a Morphine drip to dull things.   Toss in Valium and some Jack Daniels for flavor.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 09:01:45 »
[clears throat] speaking of Brian O'Neill...

Has he been pretty responsive to you all via email?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 09:12:19 »
Quote from: iMav;186634
[clears throat] speaking of Brian O'Neill...

Has he been pretty responsive to you all via email?

I can't speak for anyone else, but Brian has been very responsive to my emails.   And we've spoken on the phone several times discussing various orders.    Is there any message that you might want relayed over to Brian??

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 09:16:31 »
Fortunately, I haven't had a lot of health problems, especially needing any surgery.  I have always been careful to stretch before sports, and I never played sports like football where injuries are fairly common.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 09:19:05 »
Quote from: skcheng;186638
I can't speak for anyone else, but Brian has been very responsive to my emails.   And we've spoken on the phone several times discussing various orders.    Is there any message that you might want relayed over to Brian??

He posted his email address in this thread.  I just haven't been able to get a response out of him.

Granted, I've never done business with him...

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 10:05:32 »
Quote from: iMav;186643
He posted his email address in this thread.  I just haven't been able to get a response out of him.

Granted, I've never done business with him...

PM sent.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 10:41:05 »
Quote from: ripster;186640
While stationed in Germany I got hit with a shovel

That sounds like an interesting story within of itself...

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 25 May 2010, 10:49:10 »
Quote from: ch_123;186672
That sounds like an interesting story within of itself...

Explains a lot too. :biggrin1:
Typing on blues.