Author Topic: Activation e-mails not working  (Read 905 times)

Offline joey

Activation e-mails not working
« on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:05:03 »
There has been two new users in the past week that have not received the activation e-mail, so have not been able to register a new account.

Admins, know what is up?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Activation e-mails not working
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:28:43 »
I've looked into the registration and activation log.  There have been a lot of successful registration and activations in the past week.  I see only 4 unactivated accounts in the past week, none with banned IPs or anything like that.  If they haven't received activation e-mails, I suggest they check their spam folders or try resending activation e-mails.  If you know which accounts those are, you can PM me, and I can look at them individually.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a  ||  To be built: MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline joey

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:29:39 »
I've looked into the registration and activation log.  There have been a lot of successful registration and activations in the past week.  I see only 4 unactivated accounts in the past week, none with banned IPs or anything like that.  If they haven't received activation e-mails, I suggest they check their spam folders or try resending activation e-mails.  If you know which accounts those are, you can PM me, and I can look at them individually.

Thanks, I will ask them to double check their spam folders.

edit: Sorry if my first post came across as annoyed.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:37:15 »
P.S.: 2 of those 4 used gmail to register.  The gmail spam folder is kind of hidden in the expandable folder list.  I don't know if that's the culprit at all, just pointing it out in case it helps.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a  ||  To be built: MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL

Offline joey

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 13:01:04 »
Just got another user on irc that was not able to register.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 16:03:45 »
Just got another user on irc that was not able to register.

Could be they are using a particular VPN or using a temporary e-mail service, or their activation e-mail goes to a spam folder, or who knows what else.  Can't properly troubleshoot their specific situation without knowing the particular user's unactivated account name. 

Offline joey

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 15:34:19 »
Hi PhotoE,

The same user came on IRC again, still not able to register. I sent you a PM with their username before. I am going to send another PM with their username and e-mail address.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:12:59 »
Hi PhotoE,

The same user came on IRC again, still not able to register. I sent you a PM with their username before. I am going to send another PM with their username and e-mail address.

I've manually activated that account and sent you a PM with more details.  This user did register with a gmail address, and my best guess is still that activation e-mails end up in some users' spam folders.  In the case of gmail, the spam folder is usually hidden and is in the expanded folder list that a user has to search for.  Instead of something like hotmail/outlook, where the spam / junk mail folder is prominently under Inbox and shows unread message count.