Author Topic: 2 Unicomp Endurapros, $30 BIN or Make Offer  (Read 2460 times)

Offline pfink

2 Unicomp Endurapros, $30 BIN or Make Offer
« on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 08:50:07 »
They look beat up and filthy but if you don't mind cleaning and restoring them it's not a bad deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330431081495
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 May 2010, 09:37:14 by pfink »

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 08:52:24 »
One looks nice, but the other one looks Nasty!!   What is that grime on those keys??  Musta come outta some autobody shop or something?

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 09:13:20 »
I've got a stupid question that's been killing me for a while. What the hell does BIN mean?

Update: N/M.... the answer came to me right as I clicked on the post button. BUY IT NOW.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 10:15:49 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;179773
I've got a stupid question that's been killing me for a while. What the hell does BIN mean?

Update: N/M.... the answer came to me right as I clicked on the post button. BUY IT NOW.

I just checked and currently Bing.com doesn't have a link to Ebay??   But with Bing.com, Buy it Now (BIN) and Paypal, you save an additional 8% which adds up.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 10:50:32 »
Where do you find those bing discounts? :) I'm thinking of getting the boards... keep one, sell the other one. How much do you think one could sell for cleaned and fixed?
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 10:58:13 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;179811
Where do you find those bing discounts? :) I'm thinking of getting the boards... keep one, sell the other one. How much do you think one could sell for cleaned and fixed?

About the same as the BIN price.   Maybe a few dollars more??

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:03:53 »
Yea, that's what I thought... I should be able to get 40€ in Europe for one but shipping these things is just crazy at $56 :)))
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:06:32 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;179817
Yea, that's what I thought... I should be able to get 40€ in Europe for one but shipping these things is just crazy at $56 :)))

I'm shocked at the cost of shipping these days.   It cost me $28 to ship some keys???   Now that's nuts.   I feel sorry for ol' Webby who is forced to endure exorbitant shipping costs on our US made fancy keyboards  :-))

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:15:12 »
Quote from: skcheng;179818
 I feel sorry for ol' Webby who is forced to endure exorbitant shipping costs on our US made fancy keyboards  :-))

Same here, especially when **** gets lost in the mail.  Even more so when it's lost in the Netherlands' postal service.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:16:32 »
Yep and then the customs rape you to sweeten the deal!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:18:12 »
Quote from: itlnstln;179826
Same here, especially when **** gets lost in the mail.  Even more so when it's lost in the Netherlands' postal service.

I shipped with Priority mail and I had a tracking number.   I will insist on either priority or Express for that reason.   I haven't lost anything yet with all of my crazy hobbies and worldwide collecting.  

But the cost of shipping has gone up considerably.   And I'm not really sure why.  Here in Northern Jersey, they're looking to cut down on postal services and even eliminate Saturday deliver??   I don't get it....

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:19:00 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;179827
Yep and then the customs rape you to sweeten the deal!

Well.....I have no problem listing an item as a "gift" and writing down a nominal value.   But I know others refuse to do that.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:23:16 »
Quote from: skcheng;179829
I shipped with Priority mail and I had a tracking number.   I will insist on either priority or Express for that reason.   I haven't lost anything yet with all of my crazy hobbies and worldwide collecting.

I did all this, and it still got lost.  Actually, there was a delivery attempt, and then it got lost.  ****ing amazing.

Quote from: skcheng;179831
Well.....I have no problem listing an item as a "gift" and writing down a nominal value.   But I know others refuse to do that.

I did this, too.  It screwed us out a full recovery on insurance as they would only cover the value I claimed.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 11:47:41 »
Yeah, that endless supply of ass has been cut off.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 12:33:50 »
Rehab through overload?

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 12:36:48 »
Back to Bing Cashback...WTF is it anyway, the only place I've ever heard of it is here and I see no mention of it during checkout on eBay or anything. Someone wanna run through a quick tutorial perhaps as a thread in off topic to explain exactly how to benefit from it?
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 12:38:48 »
Basically, you sign up for the program, and you shop through Bing (just like Google shopping).  Participating retailers will show a discount based on their level of participation (somewhere around 2-8%).  That's about as much as I know about it.  I don't use it as much as I should.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 16:24:32 »
Quote from: webwit;180013
There wasn't a delivery attempt, they leave a note and I didn't get one. Still, only one lost in 2 years or so, not so bad. Too bad for the loss, but it could have been worse (Topre, Model M15). Now I put the address inside too. Had more problems with damaged keyboards though, especially Model Ms hate shipping. This is not a strong keyboard, despite its reputation. Drop it and the case cracks. Don't feel sorry for shipping costs, damages or losses though. I picked a hobby which involves shipping bricks I don't need over the Atlantic, and dealing with entities such as USPS. One knows there will be collateral damage so I don't worry about it too much, and it's a decadent hobby to start with.

What?????   You don't need all of those keyboards??   :)

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 16:27:26 »
Quote from: webwit;180016
I have a theory which states the worst packaged products arrive in the best state. Because if it looks like it will be easily damaged, they will not throw and toss it about. I also base this theory on a story by someone who bought a vintage PC on ebay and got the PC with no packaging, the shipping label attached directly to the PC, and the whole thing in excellent state without a scratch. You should ship your Model Ms like that.

No...  My first order was a batch of 5 x Space Saving Minis.  No packing material at all and all 5 stuck in one smallish UPS box.   Not a good sign when you get home and one keyboard is sticking out of the box.  Luckily 4 were in excellent shape and I can actually salvage the 5th for plenty of usable parts.

Pack well and you'll have less issues.   My opinion but strongly held.