Author Topic: Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter  (Read 6006 times)

Offline knightjp

Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter
« on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 06:32:56 »
I would like to get one of those 80s Apple Keyboards, specifically the M3501 or the M0116. But considering that they use the ADB ports; obviously I need an adapter. I just want to know what are the reviews of the ones mentioned in the title.

I need reviews because I live in Dubai truthfully something so geeky won't be easy to get over here. I need to rely on ebay purchases and I need to know which ones are worth spending the cash on.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 08:37:33 »
I have had a couple of Griffin iMates and they work well.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline wmcbrine

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 23:12:51 »
(Yes, I realize this is an old thread, but someone else might come across it like I did, even if the OP has moved on.)

I just got a Tinkerboy ADB to USB adapter, which I'll say more about later. I don't have an Imate, so I can't compare them directly. However -- the Imate seems to be going for $100-$200 on eBay, vs. $37 (plus shipping) for the Tinkerboy; it's no longer made; and it's very bulky, compared to the Tinkerboy.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:46:41 »
I had to google it. That looks like a great little unit. If I was using old Apple gear regularly, it looks superior to the decades-old iMate.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 11:45:47 »
Wow, yeah the Tinkerboy adapter looks much sleeker than the ole Griffin iMate. Almost tempted to sell off my iMate, grab a Tinkerboy & pocket the difference LOL!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 14:06:19 »
Me too.

I will make anybody here a standing offer for a straight-up trade for a like-new iMate.
- Jimmy Carter 2015