Author Topic: GK64 pcb issues  (Read 2467 times)

Offline SectorOMEGA

GK64 pcb issues
« on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 11:18:32 »
Trying to restore two lifted pads on GK64 pcb which I bought. Im trying to figure out whether this is possible. I have tried connecting it to the previous switch but no luck. Either not working or registering to the same key to which I have tried botching it with cable. Scraped part of the pcb is not the correct trace for the switch :( Would appreciate some help if this one can be saved :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: GK64 pcb issues
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 05:44:33 »
White PCB and no firmware to reference, this is going to be fun!

Looks like the diodes are connected to the bottom pin as in your picture so what I would do is get a piece of wire or some scissors (not ideal but they are variable size and conduct :))) and touch from the non-damaged pad to the top pad of another switch until you output an S - could be the key next door, could be the one above/below, could be a crazy matrix where the keys are connected seemingly randomly.  Whatever the case once you find somewhere you can run a jumper wire from that point to the damaged pad.

Once you've done that give it a thorough test to check for any strangeness as I'm not 100% sure about the diodes, but no harm will come to the board so if it doesn't work more pics and/or a multimeter/continuity tester will be needed.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline SectorOMEGA

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 08:45:49 »
Ahahahahah nice one :) Will try this tonight. The pcb is GK64 and believe me I havent ever seen such traces :D The software you dont want to ask :D the switches from A to J if working are chattering also. Will go for further test on those ones to see.

Offline C4K3

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:59:50 »
is there a gerber file set for this board?

Offline nanovolt

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 06:35:04 »
if I understand the schematics of other matrix layouts like GH60. 1 of the pins/pads is same across rows and the other is same across columns, not quite directly above, but maybe slanted. but with diodes built on board, you need a DMM in diode check mode, to send forward current into the diode so you can verify which colum or row it is sitting on, then you could jump some wires to its buddies. I have never troubleshoot KB before, but its just an idea after reading some schemes.

... oh no i have to type USB again... oh no i have to type USB again... oh no i have to type USB again... oh no i have to type USB again... oh no i have to type USB again
join the resistance, it is called ... "the ohmmmmmmmmmm"