Author Topic: How do you guys think about KAILH Box Heavy Burnt Orange  (Read 5147 times)

Offline DanielOh

How do you guys think about KAILH Box Heavy Burnt Orange
« on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 15:05:16 »
I just bought KAILH Box Heavy Burnt Orange on KBDfans, for $3 for 10, cuz I never bought any separate switches, I do not know rather its a good switch, good deal or not.... I just bought haevy one because I gonna use it for numpad, and it was cheaper.

Any review or feeling of box burn orange switch? And price?

Oh also I got sda keycaps $0.35 each, also in KBDfans is this a good deal?

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
Re: How do you guys think about KAILH Box Heavy Burnt Orange
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 09:12:06 »
I have these switches, from Novelkeys. They're good, but not the best box switch I've tried. They're smooth with a decent enough bump.

Offline DanielOh

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 10:22:59 »
Thanks for reply!

I have bought this from KBDfans, unfortunately KBDfans guys are in vacation, so I can get it after 2/15😢

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 11:03:54 »
Thanks for reply!

I have bought this from KBDfans, unfortunately KBDfans guys are in vacation, so I can get it after 2/15😢

Where are you located? Because Novelkeys is US based and those particular switches are always in stock, at least whenever I look.

Offline Zeimus

• zeim.us
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 14:14:27 »
I have them in a board now and directly comparing to zealio 78g in a TKL I will say I favor zealios.   Even though the weights are similar the box seem less smooth, but they are more tactile than zealio v1.  I think the tactility makes them feel even heavier, probably too heavy, or maybe I am not a fan of the tactile bump in the box switch.  The box have very little wobble which is good. The box have a different sound, almost more "clacky" which is probably from the tactility.

One thing with the box switches I noticed is if you press them slowly enough sometimes it doesn't actuate even though you feel the bump.  On zealio v1 this is a non-issue.

I would say that if you are looking at burnt orange, maybe consider the Novelkeys box Royal switch instead.  There are also outemu switches.  KBDfans t1 switches are going to be at novelkeys too and seem to be like a zealio v2.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 February 2019, 14:20:27 by Zeimus »

Offline pentawater

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 20:24:38 »
Box switches break caps

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 02:46:07 »
I used the non box version and as someone that likes heavy switches. I found burnt oranges to be to heavy. I don't know what it was about the switch but they fatigued my fingers after any sort of use. I ended up tearing them apart and re using the various pieces on other switches. I would highly suggest checking them out before soldering them in. They might be cheap but if you never use them what was the point.

Offline DanielOh

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 20:46:01 »
Thanks for reply!

Where are you located? Because Novelkeys is US based and those particular switches are always in stock, at least whenever I look.
Well.... They are not

Offline DanielOh

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 20:52:44 »
One thing with the box switches I noticed is if you press them slowly enough sometimes it doesn't actuate even though you feel the bump.  On zealio v1 this is a non-issue.
Wow did not know that. But I think is still a good deal, because I'm gonna use these for macro pad. Isn't it?

Offline synchromatik

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:33:12 »
Box switches break caps

There are retooled versions out (most recent ones) that do not break caps. Im using retooled one for the last 3 months and had 0 problems.