Author Topic: Why does the CW produce midseason finales for their shows?  (Read 906 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Why does the CW produce midseason finales for their shows?
« on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 10:18:41 »
It does not make sense... Every other shows on different television networks have season finales but TheCW thinks it really can make their viewers angry by creating a "midseason finale". Why is this? Trying to give the actors a break? More time to film? I honestlh don't know.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Why does the CW produce midseason finales for their shows?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 10:40:58 »
I had to Google what the CW is and am still not quite sure I get it, but bizarre runs, oddball season counts, and "mid-season" or interim cliffhangers seem to have become almost the norm in recent years.

Off-topic completely: I also hate how "background" music is often brought forward so much that it can make a show almost unwatchable, and/or how they even sometimes make it a substitute or surrogate for dialog or narrative.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015