Author Topic: Hello all! :)  (Read 941 times)

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
Hello all! :)
« on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 03:48:21 »
In the past year, I've become so addicted to collecting these sorts of keyboards. My obsession started when my boss gave me a Corsair Strafe to type on back when the company I worked at still had an office. Didn't like the board at first, but as I began to dive deeper into this hobby, I realize my boss gave me the keys to a whole other world of typing pleasure. I had been so used to typing on regular Logitech keyboards before and I do so much typing because I do digital marketing for a living.

When I began to develop some issues in a finger on my left hand, I really went into overdrive trying out all kinds of keyboards. I've tried Gateron Reds, Cherry MX Reds (a tenkeyless Corsair Strafe I didn't mind much, but ended up returning to get a Magicforce instead), Cherry MX Browns, Kailh Blue, some Topre clones through the Niz Plum, and many more until I finally settled on Topre a few months back. Even that time took a little while for me to adjust. I was sometimes going back to the other mechanical keyboards I had, but here am now. I bought a third Topre keyboard yesterday night, the older R1 TKL version with 55g switches (my other Topre boards are my black lubed HHKB and the Realforce with variable weights and I love those too), and I'm hoping that board will FINALLY be my endgame board, though I doubt I'm going to put an end to my expensive hobby just yet.

Part of me is tempted to even try out buckling springs someday. Those Unicomp boards don't look half bad to me. :)

Anyway, I'm very excited to be here. I knew about this board for a while, but it was really watching one of Thomas's (chyrosran22) videos that motivated me to finally pull the trigger and make an account here. :D
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P