Author Topic: Is Originative still in business?  (Read 37006 times)

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
Re: Is Originative still in business?
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:27:44 »
Just got my keycaps, Originative is still in business  :thumb:

Which keycaps? :o

Sanctuary set bought 2 weeks ago

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:31:19 »
So what he's trying to encourage is people putting more money into them while they have old customers with orders unfulfilled.  I know exactly what he's saying, he just threw the thumbs up because after his whine he got the keys. 

I've been dealing with this **** for four months and these *******s won't reply to an email at three of their addresses and multiple voicemails.  If they are shipping out other stuff they are intentionally ignoring previous customers and should be treated like the snakes they are. 

FURTHERMORE:

So what happens if not all the current orders get shipped out after encouraging people to buy in?  Who wants to cover that?

People put in their new orders yesterday before I got my keyset...

Yes, I whined, but I also got my problem solved, so I'm happy.

Hopefully after you whine, you will get your problems solved too.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 20:22:06 »
Again, talking without any knowledge.

I've been personally trying to get clarity on the Black Friday sale since December.  I've sent a dozen emails and left three voicemails.  I've contacted sales, support, and Sheraton's personal Originative email. 

They are selectively screening customers and that is that.  I have an open order on the website when I log in, it is listed as Paid and Unfulfilled. I've requested my money back on the phone and in writing.

I've also dealt with Sheraton as an individual and my experience there is that he will not waste a second when it comes to his money.  I bought a MJ2 camo off him in person and he called that night to accuse me of shorting him $5 on the in cash transaction, when he had neglected to realize I bought the $125 camo instead of the $130 linear r.

Do you know how you distract from a major problem?  You make waves elsewhere.  Where are the fixed legend keys that were supposed to be delivered with sets, where are the rest of the aluminum filco cases, where is black friday?

You getting Sanctuary is wonderful but they are not back, this is not a company that should be encouraged, and it's naivety to assume that giving money to them now has any promise of actually netting you a product.

Try to look at the bigger picture for a second as opposed to just your own, incredibly narrow, and completely personal anecdote.  I've been personally wronged here and there are others in the exact situation I am in and those who are owed much more from Sheraton.   

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 20:55:53 »
I'm waiting for the purple set, too.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:13:08 »

I've been personally trying to get clarity on the Black Friday sale since December.  I've sent a dozen emails and left three voicemails.  I've contacted sales, support, and Sheraton's personal Originative email. 

They are selectively screening customers and that is that.  I have an open order on the website when I log in, it is listed as Paid and Unfulfilled. I've requested my money back on the phone and in writing.

I've also dealt with Sheraton as an individual and my experience there is that he will not waste a second when it comes to his money.  I bought a MJ2 camo off him in person and he called that night to accuse me of shorting him $5 on the in cash transaction, when he had neglected to realize I bought the $125 camo instead of the $130 linear r.

Do you know how you distract from a major problem?  You make waves elsewhere.  Where are the fixed legend keys that were supposed to be delivered with sets, where are the rest of the aluminum filco cases, where is black friday?

You getting Sanctuary is wonderful but they are not back, this is not a company that should be encouraged, and it's naivety to assume that giving money to them now has any promise of actually netting you a product.

Try to look at the bigger picture for a second as opposed to just your own, incredibly narrow, and completely personal anecdote.  I've been personally wronged here and there are others in the exact situation I am in and those who are owed much more from Sheraton.

1. Get the money back through your bank/paypal.
2. never deal with him again.

Personally, even though I received my keyset, I am very unlikely to deal with him again. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. And if it sounds like I am, I apologize.

I also apologize for the thumbs up in my original post that got you angry, I'm just happy I lucked out this time. I will not be ordering through that site unless the problem that you pointed out have improved.

Thanks for your lengthy explanation! Good luck with resolving your problem with originativeco

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:18:40 »

$5

lolwut

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:21:28 »

Calling you over $5?

Sheesh.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:25:41 »
Come on guys, $5 is still hard earned cash. Don't make fun of that.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:32:41 »
Come on guys, $5 is still hard earned cash. Don't make fun of that.

I also came off as overly harsh and owe you an olive branch.  This whole thing has me salty and you should not have had to bear my wrath.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39004.0 The FS/T thread for the interested, I had to double check that I wasn't crazy but I had honestly blocked this event out for a while because it was so goddamn silly about the pricing.

If people have good experiences with Originative, I'm sincerely happy.  No one should be ripped off and you should enjoy the cool stuff that only Sherry has right now.  However, I would have to say that the only reason this vendor forum should be open is for people to try to communicate together and get their money back.  MKawa should let his lube kit conflict of interest go and realize he's facilitating someone who is using this website to scam members, plain and simple.  People should not have to roll the dice on whether or not Sherry has decided to be a businessman or a crook. 

Offline Johan

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 13:51:28 »
So everyone has got what they ordered, except the blackfriday stuff?
Edit: Nope.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 05:38:58 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 13:59:52 »
no

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:02:38 »
No.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:05:09 »
No

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:09:26 »
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:52:04 »
Nope.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 15:17:14 »
What Gameaholic said.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline skrotnisse

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 18:13:41 »
I'm a keyboard newbie, and was thinking about a Dolch. Then I just saw this.

It's a "no".

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 01:02:23 »
K, my set is now "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" - so I guess it's really shipped.

Edit:

STATUS OF ITEM
Depart USPS Sort Facility   
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 04:03:45 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:15:37 »
no. my spacebar is going to take forever to come to me

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 06:19:17 »
K, my set is now "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" - so I guess it's really shipped.

Edit:

STATUS OF ITEM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

So..... What does this mean? Is Originative active again?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 06:33:56 »

Edit:

STATUS OF ITEM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Hopefully...
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 06:52:32 »
no. my spacebar is going to take forever to come to me

my boat as well.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:31:17 »

Edit:

STATUS OF ITEM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Hopefully...

I think our dolches are in the same spot hurhur

But yeah, seems like new orders are being tended to
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:47:06 »

Edit:

STATUS OF ITEM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Hopefully...

I think our dolches are in the same spot hurhur

But yeah, seems like new orders are being tended to

This is all well and good but I for one wouldn't mind a little "sherryton: Hey, guys! I'm alive!" on the forum.

And maybe a quick summary on where the orders stand.

I ordered from his website before but now I'm afraid to put another order until I know there is someone handling the site actively.

I hope he doesn't go all "takaki" on us.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:49:01 by Latin00032 »

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 07:47:39 »

Couldn't find that term.  Did you mean Soup Nazi?

I'm still waiting on a pretty expensive order - an aluminum Filco case and Black Friday.  Hopefully the revenue from new orders is being put towards filling old orders like mine.  Best case scenario is my case got shipped to him and is sitting around somewhere waiting for him to get figure out whose order it is and the radio silence here is to prevent adding to the huge backlog of emails he must have. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:00:22 »

Couldn't find that term.  Did you mean Soup Nazi?

Show Image

I'm still waiting on a pretty expensive order - an aluminum Filco case and Black Friday.  Hopefully the revenue from new orders is being put towards filling old orders like mine.  Best case scenario is my case got shipped to him and is sitting around somewhere waiting for him to get figure out whose order it is and the radio silence here is to prevent adding to the huge backlog of emails he must have.

Dat post count.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 18:44:32 »
Seems like the website was updated today. Cyrillic set is up.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:05:48 »

Wonder who made those...are they GMK?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:08:51 »

Wonder who made those...are they GMK?

those are GMK

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:30:53 »
So new items are being added to the website, and old orders aren't getting filled?    I don't get it?   

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:37:55 »
So new items are being added to the website, and old orders aren't getting filled?    I don't get it?   

maybe they need some quick cash possibly to pay for shipping a bunch of caps or something, still wish sheraton would suck it up and let us know what is going on, if he is still running originative.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:46:17 by SpAmRaY »

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:46:05 »
Yup, everyone that had issues is burnt. Sherry just stays away from GH and adds new stuff on the site, we all that didn't get ripped off are happy to buy GMK caps.

(this is my 100% opinion here, just my .02)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:57:00 »
I just can't bring myself to click checkout, knowing customers are being ignored (myself included)  :-\

My money will be spent elsewhere.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 23:02:50 »
Did anyone here order cryllic? Is it still a pre-order or is it actually in stock, is what I'm mostly wondering.

Offline cphead

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 03:30:49 »
I just can't bring myself to click checkout, knowing customers are being ignored (myself included)  :-\

My money will be spent elsewhere.

I think many of us feel this way  ) :

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 20:59:43 »
Did anyone here order cryllic? Is it still a pre-order or is it actually in stock, is what I'm mostly wondering.

I did

Will update in a few days.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 15:27:24 »
well i can confirm Sheraton finally responded but i'll wait until i have my simple yet expensive order of springs and switches stickers in my hands before celebrating.

i want to reiterate that i didn't have any problems with originative last year, he shipped my stuff fast and safe, I'd buy from him again if he gets his act back together and sends everyone their stuff on time and resolves these outstanding cap orders people have from last year. I don't know guys, wait and see. I can say for sure hes not a scammer to those worried.

The more we talk about him and the longer he doesnt respond on geekhack to accusations directly on his vendor forum makes me feel he shouldn't have a vendor forum, its just going to make it worse for him the longer he goes without addressing this on geekhack.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 April 2014, 15:37:27 by Glod »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 15:59:01 »
Just got a shipping confirmation email.

Seems (so far, at least) that they're alive and the Cyrillic set is real.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:04:38 »
well i can confirm Sheraton finally responded but i'll wait until i have my simple yet expensive order of springs and switches stickers in my hands before celebrating.

i want to reiterate that i didn't have any problems with originative last year, he shipped my stuff fast and safe, I'd buy from him again if he gets his act back together and sends everyone their stuff on time and resolves these outstanding cap orders people have from last year. I don't know guys, wait and see. I can say for sure hes not a scammer to those worried.

The more we talk about him and the longer he doesnt respond on geekhack to accusations directly on his vendor forum makes me feel he shouldn't have a vendor forum, its just going to make it worse for him the longer he goes without addressing this on geekhack.

I believe you, and he is just busy, please ask him to contact me, I have quite a bunch of stickers I need to ship him, but need to get some details from him first.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 18:35:39 »
Just got a reply to my refund request. My space bar should be here in a few days.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 22:53:41 »
I'm glad you guys are getting response and stuff shipped.    I could REALLY use a Dolch modifier and extension set, but I can't get a response or anything from Sheraton?   Hopefully he's just getting caught with older orders and will get to me at some point ......

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:07:35 »
I'm glad you guys are getting response and stuff shipped.    I could REALLY use a Dolch modifier and extension set, but I can't get a response or anything from Sheraton?   Hopefully he's just getting caught with older orders and will get to me at some point ......

Dolch was just a stroke of luck, it's out of stock now

Offline ebacho

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:26:41 »

The mods/extension sets are still up I think.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:28:19 »

Thought mods were only in the base set,  my bad if I'm wrong

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:47:17 »

Thought mods were only in the base set,  my bad if I'm wrong

You can get mods without the base set. I picked up a set of Dolch winkeyless mods over a month ago. Probably just before this latest round of frustration.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:56:20 »
Updated: 05th April 2014

Black Otaku was listed back today.
Does it indicate that Sheraton has received all Black Otaku and he is going to deliver to us including old and new customers?
We can wait a while and hope he will be back and respond to us.

59993-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 April 2014, 00:00:19 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline t2russo

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 01:53:59 »
LMAO at the delivery dates.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 05:14:28 »
Well I just heard back.    My order was delayed since the blue stickers I ordered were out of stock.    So I requested ANY other color sticker.   Waiting to hear back if the Dolch Winkeyless is still in stock?   So I'm guessing Originative is back to accepting and filling orders.   At least it appears so .....

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 06:16:46 »
Got my Dolch base + winkeyless today... 7 days international shipping.

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 09:34:39 »
Did anyone get the Taihao colorful sets?