Author Topic: [IC] Phantom PLATES  (Read 54415 times)

Offline csimi

Re: [IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:27:11 »
As also mentioned, this plate will not fit any of the aluminum cases currently on the market, and probably never will, but just something to bear in mind.

Not even the MKC case which has standoffs?
I guess it'd depend on how much room is left for the teensy.

Offline nebo

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:32:08 »
I'm trying to figure out what to do now. :/ Don't have time to build it myself but no cases are out yet to get built in..

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:33:58 »
I'm trying to figure out what to do now. :/ Don't have time to build it myself but no cases are out yet to get built in..
i mean i could hold onto it... but idk how long itll be...

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:38:59 »
As also mentioned, this plate will not fit any of the aluminum cases currently on the market, and probably never will, but just something to bear in mind.

Not even the MKC case which has standoffs?
I guess it'd depend on how much room is left for the teensy.
Even if you get it to fit, it will not be as stiff, the bend on the stock plate adds rigidity, something this lacks. How much you will lose is the only question.

The main benefit of this is to give the ability to swap switches without de-soldering.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Re: [IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 01:11:47 »
Electrical conductivity would really only be an issue if you are using an aluminum case, in which case you would want an aluminum plate to avoid galvanic corrosion. Over time the stainless plate could actually weld itself to the aluminum case. In a plastic case it's completely irrelevant.

oh wow, i think a lot of us are going to a aluminium case, and that plates are stainless.
which alu case are you going with? Because i dont think any current ones are compatible... Also all the ones being designed i believe have an integrated or semi integrated plate.

the "i wish it existed" case  :(

wrong choice of words, didn't mean to say "are going to", i meant to say "want to"

but at least i sparked discussion!

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 03:36:50 »
Ive got a question, would I be able to use this plate on a Quickfire board to have the ability to sap springs/sliders?

Temporary Solution until I can get a R2 or R3 Phantom PCB

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 03:44:24 »
Aluminum won by a 2% margin, but I'm going to decide to get it done in Stainless steel for these reasons:

Bare aluminum is cheaper, but it will only look nicer than steel if it's color anodized, in which case it will cost more than steel. Most people will have plastic cases, so to retain the natural weight of a mechanical keyboard, the heavier steel should be more desirable in this regards. My original Phantom that I have on me has an aluminum plate, and the weight does feel a little awkward because it's lighter than every TKL keyboards that I've worked on. Lastly, going with color-anodized aluminum will require additional quotes, and these take at least a week, assuming I'm only going to ask for 1 color. There's no way I'll be able to request every custom color in the form for every plate. Time-wise, these plates are probably the limiting factor of this phantom round2 GB so I'd like to get into the ordering process without needing to request for anymore quotes.

The GB for these will be in stainless steel, 304 CRES grade with line graining finish only on the top surface. Does anyone want to volunteer to handle the logistics of taking orders, collecting money, and nag for payment? I would handle this, but my plate (pun intended) is full on this forum and real life stuff. Of course I'll help shipping and distribution, but help on collection payment would be nice.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 03:48:32 »
would I be able to use this plate on a Quickfire board to have the ability to sap springs/sliders?

These plates will work with the case fine, but it's not compatible with a quickfire PCB. You need the cutout slot for the daughterboard. I posted this a few posts up, but these plates have direct compatibility with case and PCB of a CM quickfire.

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 03:59:27 »
would I be able to use this plate on a Quickfire board to have the ability to sap springs/sliders?

These plates will work with the case fine, but it's not compatible with a quickfire PCB. You need the cutout slot for the daughterboard. I posted this a few posts up, but these plates have direct compatibility with case and PCB of a CM quickfire.

Ah, Interesting...
Sadly it looks as though I have missed the time frame for that project aswell. :/

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:08:06 »
Aluminum won by a 2% margin, but I'm going to decide to get it done in Stainless steel for these reasons:

Bare aluminum is cheaper, but it will only look nicer than steel if it's color anodized, in which case it will cost more than steel. Most people will have plastic cases, so to retain the natural weight of a mechanical keyboard, the heavier steel should be more desirable in this regards. My original Phantom that I have on me has an aluminum plate, and the weight does feel a little awkward because it's lighter than every TKL keyboards that I've worked on. Lastly, going with color-anodized aluminum will require additional quotes, and these take at least a week, assuming I'm only going to ask for 1 color. There's no way I'll be able to request every custom color in the form for every plate. Time-wise, these plates are probably the limiting factor of this phantom round2 GB so I'd like to get into the ordering process without needing to request for anymore quotes.

The GB for these will be in stainless steel, 304 CRES grade with line graining finish only on the top surface. Does anyone want to volunteer to handle the logistics of taking orders, collecting money, and nag for payment? I would handle this, but my plate (pun intended) is full on this forum and real life stuff. Of course I'll help shipping and distribution, but help on collection payment would be nice.
dude i thought i was already doing that....

...or am i wrong?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:09:45 »

...or am i wrong?

for a moment I thought we were going to have 2 GBs for the same plates...

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Re: [IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:11:43 »

...or am i wrong?

for a moment I thought we were going to have 2 GBs for the same plates...
yea... WFD must be super busy in RL

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:18:45 »
Ok I just looked over your order form again, guess you are haha. You didn't mention privately and I didn't assume anything. Quote is $22 per plate, maybe tack on a tad more for handling, but $3 overcharge is a bit much on your order form. I'm guessing you're doing almost all the shipping as well? I'll talk to you on gchat about all this.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:21:19 »
Prof 125 layout is tempting but I guess finding keycaps to fit it is not gonna be straight forward, am I wrong?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:23:33 »
WASDkeyboards is pretty much the only place to get custom caps for that layout. If you want it in PBTs or DS, you're pretty much SOL

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:24:45 »
Ok I just looked over your order form again, guess you are haha. You didn't mention privately and I didn't assume anything. Quote is $22 per plate, maybe tack on a tad more for handling, but $3 overcharge is a bit much on your order form. I'm guessing you're doing almost all the shipping as well? I'll talk to you on gchat about all this.
gahh though i told you ib was adding it to the gb, oops

i didnt know the final price it can always be lowered i dont think people will mind that ;)

Kk hit me up when you get a chance :D

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:26:35 »
Prof 125 layout is tempting but I guess finding keycaps to fit it is not gonna be straight forward, am I wrong?

WASDkeyboards is pretty much the only place to get custom caps for that layout. If you want it in PBTs or DS, you're pretty much SOL

Yep wasd is about it unless you want blank caps then anywhere you can find the sizes will do.

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 14:32:06 »
I kind of assumed TheProfosist was doing his own groupbuy thing for parts and just using these plates. If TheProfosist gb is going to be the only way to get these plates how are we going to handle the lower quality plates that were talked about? The 21st of Jan seems like a pretty short amount of time to figure out what other plates might be do-able.

I'm specifically interested in the 7bit plate. Should we start a separate IC thread to drum up some interested because it may not really be apparently that other options are a possibility from the original post.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 14:35:13 »
Would it maybe be possible to get the CAD files for the layout that were dropped so that we can try to get them made ourselves?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 15:28:19 »
You're right, I guess there still needs to be a deditcated GB thread for these plates to talk about details or for organizational purposes. I'll start the order thread tonight and draw up a few more designs when I have time.

Offline nebo

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 16:15:37 »
One of the issues I think with all the different plates would be cases. Example: in my very specific case I'd like a winkeyless plate that also uses a short right shift allowing for an extra fn key and the 7 bit layout above the arrow keys. Getting a case that supports that would be hard enough. There is talk of it but talk happens all the time. The problem with that too is a lot of these cases require their own plate with it and not one from a GB making it even harder if you were to get a lesser used design.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 17:17:43 »
I can add as many different plates to my gb as you want, it not hard to edit the for or update peoples orders... I believe there was minimum per plate design right?

Offline Batmann

[IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 17:25:36 »

Yep wasd is about it unless you want blank caps then anywhere you can find the sizes will do.

Thanks for the clarification ^^

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:20:04 »
I could handle low quantity plates if you say some sweet words to me first. However, I'm not going to offer anodizing since it would be expensive on a small scale and too time consuming
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 00:19:33 »
I can add as many different plates to my gb as you want, it not hard to edit the for or update peoples orders... I believe there was minimum per plate design right?

There still needs to be a dedicated thread to handle the plates. If all the discussion were to all of a sudden shift to your thread, it'll get too messy with all the other things in there. Switches and stabilizers won't need a thread, but these plates would probably benefit from one.

I could handle low quantity plates if you say some sweet words to me first. However, I'm not going to offer anodizing since it would be expensive on a small scale and too time consuming

Pretty please with 2 cherries on top? Double shot cherries that is.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 00:23:59 »

One caveat to that is a dwg must be provided to me. I will not be designing it
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 00:24:20 »

There still needs to be a dedicated thread to handle the plates. If all the discussion were to all of a sudden shift to your thread, it'll get too messy with all the other things in there. Switches and stabilizers won't need a thread, but these plates would probably benefit from one.

is this only going to be for the non standard plates?

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 05:22:05 »
Are plates made from wfd or thebeast all going to prof? I noticed plate and prices were included in profs service thread. I am slightly confused.
SmallFry! <3

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:48:48 »
Are plates made from wfd or thebeast all going to prof? I noticed plate and prices were included in profs service thread. I am slightly confused.
they were but not anymore. I am now only getting the ones that are specifically labeled to be sent to me.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 13:50:43 »
Could someone tell me which of these plates are compatible with a A.87 Korean PCB?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 15:13:29 »
Could someone tell me which of these plates are compatible with a A.87 Korean PCB?
i thought bi answered this once but non of them will most likely.

Offline CAG390

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:12:55 »
Does anybody know the dimensions of the ANSI150 plate? ie; hight, length, etc.

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:45:14 »
That bump!  :eek: If you want, I can send you the CAD files!  :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 07:29:00 »
According to the CAD drawings jdcarpe sent me

width - 347.98 mm
height - 127.508 mm

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:23:59 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744 <-- Has the CAD files for the Phantom plates.