Author Topic: NEW! Alps-based TKL Keyboard Project  (Read 81875 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
NEW! Alps-based TKL Keyboard Project
« on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:34:07 »
Alps TKL Custom Keyboard

Do you love Alps switches? Do you love the compact design of a tenkeyless keyboard? This project is an 80% (tenkeyless) design, using Alps switches, and a programmable controller.

- Includes support for programmable layers.

- PCB populated from factory with all electronics, including diodes and ATmega32u4 programmable controller chip.

- Custom case design

Plate:

Simple tray/plate case design (low profile):

Traditional case design
Without top cover on:

With cover on:

Members currently assisting with this project:
  • jdcarpe
  • CPTBadAss, TheFlyingRaccoon, Photekq
  • SmallFry, agodinhost
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:45:31 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Re: NEW! Alps-based TKL Keyboard Project
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:35:35 »
Interested!   ;D

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:39:03 »
Very, very intested. Will there be any 1.5/1/1.5 love?  ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:39:16 »
Innnnnnnnnnnteresting! Does it have love for ISO?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:40:22 »
Innnnnnnnnnnteresting! Does it have love for ISO?

Very, very intested. Will there be any 1.5/1/1.5 love?  ;D

It all depends on what keycaps we can source for Alps.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:43:40 »
I approve of this project.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:44:19 »
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it can use the phantom speced plate that would be epic
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:45:45 »
So you will be supplying full boards w/ keycaps? This won't be like the GH60 where you buy the pcb then pick and choose the rest?
github

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:48:27 »
Yes, this is a seriously good project.

Neither Alps nor Cherry is perfect, but I often feel that Alps is closer than Cherry.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:50:37 »
+1
And the PCB?
I would love to change Komar007's PCB in order get more one keyboard at our Open Source arsenal ...
Anyone is already working on this idea?
Can I help?
 :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:52:14 by agodinhost »
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:54:54 »
So you will be supplying full boards w/ keycaps? This won't be like the GH60 where you buy the pcb then pick and choose the rest?

From the discussions in IRC, it's looking like we'll be providing the case, PCB, and plate. Caps might have to be sourced from like an AT101W, AT101, or Fk-2001. But we've also discussed talking to SP and Matias for cap-sets.

Also I will be heading up the case design team. TheFlyingRaccoon has a Rev 1 case design out but we've also talked about modifying the Open Source GH60 case to fit our needs. We're thinking an acrylic sandwich or layered case right now. Let me know what you think about the case and/or if you want to help.

+1
And the PCB?
I would love to change Komar007's PCB in order get more one keyboard at our Open Source arsenal ...
Can I help?

I'm sure you can help. Talk to JD about it :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:56:58 »

Not sure yet. I'm hoping we can source some kind of keycaps for this. :)

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you mean by "phantom speced plate." This is Alps, bro. :)

+1
And the PCB?
Can I help?

I would love to have your help if you are willing. If you can easily take the PCB you designed for the GH60-Alps project and modify it to an 87/88-key layout (or 86/84), that would be a great help and we would almost be done! :D

in memoriam

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:58:31 »
From the discussions in IRC, it's looking like we'll be providing the case, PCB, and plate. Caps might have to be sourced from like an AT101W, AT101, or Fk-2001. But we've also discussed talking to SP and Matias for cap-sets.

Also I will be heading up the case design team. TheFlyingRaccoon has a Rev 1 case design out but we've also talked about modifying the Open Source GH60 case to fit our needs. We're thinking an acrylic sandwich or layered case right now. Let me know what you think about the case and/or if you want to help.
I see. I wouldn't be interested in a case & plate. Only the pcb, as I would most likely want to put it in the TEK-80. This is also why I asked about the 1.5 mods.

If you need any help with anything just let me know. I'll be happy to do anything I can. I think having a layered case is a good starting point and the OS GH60 case could be very easily adapted. I'd just need JD to sort out the switch holes.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:01:32 by Photekq »
github

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:59:31 »
I would love to have your help if you are willing. If you can easily take the PCB you designed for the GH60-Alps project and modify it to an 87/88-key layout (or 86/84), that would be a great help and we would almost be done! :D
Yup, that's what I thought.
I'm in - count with me.
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline dante

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:05:13 »
PBT tooling is currently being set up for Matias.  I'd recommend examining those keycap modifiers against SP's for maximum compatibility.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:10:00 »
I see. I wouldn't be interested in a case & plate. Only the pcb, as I would most likely want to put it in the TEK-80. This is also why I asked about the 1.5 mods.

If you need any help with anything just let me know. I'll be happy to do anything I can. I think having a layered case is a good starting point and the OS GH60 case could be very easily adapted. I'd just need JD to sort out the switch holes.

Thanks for your offer to help! I'm sure we'll be talking. I'm not sure of any Alps boards with 1.5x/1x/1.5x layouts. I asked JD before but we could think of any between the two of us. So far we've discussed the layouts on the boards I mentioned before. So it'd be 87key and 84key with the small ANSI enter and 84key with the big ANSI (L-shaped) enter.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:15:15 »
Thanks for your offer to help! I'm sure we'll be talking. I'm not sure of any Alps boards with 1.5x/1x/1.5x layouts. I asked JD before but we could think of any between the two of us. So far we've discussed the layouts on the boards I mentioned before. So it'd be 87key and 84key with the small ANSI enter and 84key with the big ANSI (L-shaped) enter.
I don't know why I keep saying 1.5/1/1.5. I meant 84 key like this.

But yeah just hit me up if you need anything.
github

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:12:58 »
Awesome! This is really getting somewhere, there is an actual thread  :p Anways here is the Rev1 case design. It's a basic layer case. http://db.tt/eBTkIb4J Let me know what you think.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:31:01 »
Since I've never tried an alps board, this sounds very interesting!!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:31:46 »
Awesome! This is really getting somewhere, there is an actual thread  :p Anways here is the Rev1 case design. It's a basic layer case. http://db.tt/eBTkIb4J Let me know what you think.
Lookin' good nate!
github

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:32:36 »
id be all over this
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:38:07 »
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presumably he means the outer footprint of the Phantom plate so that the Alps plate/PCB can be compatible with all the Phantom cases.  Of course... then comes the question of, which Phantom plate?  There's no outer footprint on the really original.   

So I guess I have no idea what boost is talking about.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:41:09 »
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presumably he means the outer footprint of the Phantom plate so that the Alps plate/PCB can be compatible with all the Phantom cases.  Of course... then comes the question of, which Phantom plate?  There's no outer footprint on the really original.   

So I guess I have no idea what boost is talking about.

:D

The problem I saw with that is this. We are using onboard SMD components. Which means we will have a USB connector somewhere, and we have to decide where that will be. Kinda rules out using Filco cases, etc. Unless you wanted to drill a USB hole, and maybe it's not where the cable hole is on your case.

in memoriam

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:45:03 »
So my original question (back when I wanted to design an Alps board) which never was answered by anyone is... What sort of stabilizers do Alps boards use?  My Ducky uses costar style w/ Cherry stems which I find to be quite odd.  Matias had mentioned to me the possibility of making his stab design available for purchase by DIY'ers but he's never provided specs.

*sigh*   so what is a standard Alps stabilizer?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:47:59 »
So my original question (back when I wanted to design an Alps board) which never was answered by anyone is... What sort of stabilizers do Alps boards use?  My Ducky uses costar style w/ Cherry stems which I find to be quite odd.  Matias had mentioned to me the possibility of making his stab design available for purchase by DIY'ers but he's never provided specs.

I wish I knew. We spec'ed this with Costar stab holes. I'm trying to find out more info about DS ABS Alps keycaps from SP. And I will ask what type of stabilizer stems or whatever they use. If they had MX-style stems on the mods, that would be ideal.

I don't think using Cherry stabs is an option, simply because the actual switch is wider, and Cherry stabs would interfere with the operation of the switch.

in memoriam

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:55:07 »

I wish I knew. We spec'ed this with Costar stab holes. I'm trying to find out more info about DS ABS Alps keycaps from SP. And I will ask what type of stabilizer stems or whatever they use. If they had MX-style stems on the mods, that would be ideal.

I don't think using Cherry stabs is an option, simply because the actual switch is wider, and Cherry stabs would interfere with the operation of the switch.

Every alps board I've had has used some weird iteration of costar stabs....albeit the wire has always been thinner than on filco/other cherry boards.  Problem is some stabilized alps keys use the crucifex style stabilizer inserts where others use a rectangle style plastic stabilizer insert.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:24:25 »
JDCarpe, please, could you note me regarding the sizes below? (metric, mm)

We will need more 4 pins to get this PCB to work so I'm going to use the GHPad reserved pins ok?

There is no alternative "configuration" for the function row? I mean, the layout is fixed?
Same question for the Ins/Home/Page/Arrow keys.

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:40:24 by agodinhost »

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:47:56 »

Show Image

We will need more 4 pins to get this PCB to work so I'm going to use the GHPad reserved pins ok?

There is no alternative "configuration" for the function row? I mean, the layout is fixed?

I used standard Cherry measurements then resized the holes to fit alps switches. I'm not sure what JadeCarp did but here are my measurements. (All in mm)

1) 3.124
2) 22.6
3) 15.14
4) 1.775
5) 13.08
6) 13.08
7) 6.25
8) 345.6
9) 123.19

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:54:36 »
I used standard Cherry measurements then resized the holes to fit alps switches. I'm not sure what JadeCarp did but here are my measurements. (All in mm)

1) 3.124
2) 22.6
3) 15.14
4) 1.775
5) 13.08
6) 13.08
7) 6.25
8) 345.6
9) 123.19
Awesome! I'll use it as soon as I get at home.
thanks Raccoon!

I forgot to mention - a few days ago I were talking with Komar007 and he informed me that his PCB (rev b) is not final, he is doing some minor changes on it. The GH60 Alps version is paused - we decided to wait until he gets a final version.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:00:22 by agodinhost »

Offline pasph

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:27:41 »

Acrylic plate?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:30:38 »

Acrylic plate?

Definitely not. Acrylic plates are not very strong and are prone to breaking. It would probably be aluminum or polycarbonate.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:38:00 »
I think JD said stainless steel or aluminum for the plates.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:10:24 »

Show Image

Correct, I think this will be the only layout where the F-row, Ins/Home/Page/Arrow keys are concerned.

Also, I would like to have the USB connector on the top of the PCB, centered between Esc and F1.

I think JD said stainless steel or aluminum for the plates.

Yes, plates should be metal, of course.

in memoriam

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:10:46 »
SCHWING. This thread got big fast.

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:50:35 »
WOOHO, love the idea, would be a dream if this comes true. Imagine a TKL Alps Board with steel backplate, alu case and ISO layout! *drooling*
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:54:55 »
Yet another nice inhouse custom project =)

Getting PCB and plates made shouldn't be that hard, but the problem I see is sourcing stabilizers and keycaps on a large scale. Buying large amounts of ALPS boards to harvest stabilizers and caps is less than ideal. I don't think you can just buy the costar stabs from WASDkeyboards either, because those depend on inserts that only work with cherry stems.

And I think the only loose ALPS switches you can buy are the Matias switches. Btw I have a bag, and these things are boss. They feel similar to 62g ergo clears.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:08:09 »
very interested,
also it would be great if it could fit in that beautilful skeldom case  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:09:24 »
JD and WFD, Matt30 is working on a custom Alps board as well. Maybe we can ask him what he would do if he didn't buy my Focus FK-2001 caps/stabs.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:20:24 »
Yet another nice inhouse custom project =)

Getting PCB and plates made shouldn't be that hard, but the problem I see is sourcing stabilizers and keycaps on a large scale. Buying large amounts of ALPS boards to harvest stabilizers and caps is less than ideal. I don't think you can just buy the costar stabs from WASDkeyboards either, because those depend on inserts that only work with cherry stems.

And I think the only loose ALPS switches you can buy are the Matias switches. Btw I have a bag, and these things are boss. They feel similar to 62g ergo clears.

I have requested information from SP regarding making a DS ABS set of Alps keycaps just for this project. She just informed me that they ran into an issue with the large keycaps (read: modifiers), so I am waiting for that to get sorted before she provides pricing.

And yes, Costar style stabs will work, but the wires will be different based on the Alps switch profile.

Matias switches are definitely the way to go, if we can order them in quantity.

JD and WFD, Matt30 is working on a custom Alps board as well. Maybe we can ask him what he would do if he didn't buy my Focus FK-2001 caps/stabs.

That is awesome. I would love to get input from Matt3o!
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:28:57 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:24:22 »
And yes, Costar style stabs will sork, but the wires will be different based on the Alps switch profile.

They "work"? So even if you change the wire, the cherry-style cross shape still inserts into the ALPS stems ok?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:28:45 »
And yes, Costar style stabs will sork, but the wires will be different based on the Alps switch profile.

They "work"? So even if you change the wire, the cherry-style cross shape still inserts into the ALPS stems ok?

Oops, typo. :)

Yes, I'm hoping that SP's Alps modifiers are the same as Ducky's. I pulled the Backspace off my Ducky 1087XM, and it has standard cross-shaped stams for the stabilizer inserts. Looks just like a MX Costar stabilizer, except the bend in the center of the wire was wider.

in memoriam

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:46:10 »
OP updated with a couple of case designs by Photekq. Thank you sir!

in memoriam

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 16:11:24 »
How about our own stab?
We could draw one and then get someone to print it on an 3d printer (my printer will take a while - two months I think)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 16:33:01 »
Don't want to be negative about this but this GB should be don't in more than 1 stage, while sounds exciting having custom alps keyboard there are 2 things that will held people from jumping on this.

Its great you guys have case,pcb,plate figured out, maeby as someone mentioned here there can be acrylic option so it wont break the bank with alu casing, but then this GB needs to follow with 2 more GB one after another:

1. GB for alps if possible the new alps from Matias, I know you'll say well just buy an used board and salvage them.... Salvage what? switches that somebody has been ponding on them with years....

2. GB for keycaps trough SP, even if you build the board with new switches ur stuck with the keycaps, stuck to pick up whatever is available out there from salvaged boards.... If you ask me I would have ZERO problem jumping on this GB because I have NIB Dell AT101, not sure how caps lock and space bar will fit, but lets just say I'm 95% ready... I would still prefer more in depth  GB for this project.

Any ways props for the peeps that started this thread.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 16:38:05 »
Don't want to be negative about this but this GB should be don't in more than 1 stage, while sounds exciting having custom alps keyboard there are 2 things that will held people from jumping on this.

Its great you guys have case,pcb,plate figured out, maeby as someone mentioned here there can be acrylic option so it wont break the bank with alu casing, but then this GB needs to follow with 2 more GB one after another:

1. GB for alps if possible the new alps from Matias, I know you'll say well just buy an used board and salvage them.... Salvage what? switches that somebody has been ponding on them with years....

2. GB for keycaps trough SP, even if you build the board with new switches ur stuck with the keycaps, stuck to pick up whatever is available out there from salvaged boards.... If you ask me I would have ZERO problem jumping on this GB because I have NIB Dell AT101, not sure how caps lock and space bar will fit, but lets just say I'm 95% ready... I would still prefer more in depth  GB for this project.

Any ways props for the peeps that started this thread.

Yes, this is exactly the point of this project. The PCB, plate, and case are the easy part.

Once we get to a group buy phase, we will want to basically try to accomplish all these things at once. Multiple people will probably need to be involved to coordinate. We need to have:

1. PCB GB
2. Plate/Case GB
3. Switch GB
4. Keycap GB (DS ABS from SP in DCS profile)

Thanks for your interest!

in memoriam

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 16:59:00 »
sounds good that this GB will be organized better, Just making some stupid math here regarding the case.

For example PCB + ( diodes,resisors,chip,stabilizers etc ...) , metal plate, alps switches,keycaps will set person at around $250 . Then we have aluminum housing one with top and one without, perhaps bottom part $150-$170 if getting both bottom and top around $300.

This will set a GBer around $400 or $600, maeby we should have the option on acrylic case too for the sake of getting more people involved in the GB, the more the better especially when comes to GB from SP keycaps.

Just an idea since there is a guy who is already making TKL sizes for Filco, QFR, Ducky and his price are descent and the casing actually looks pretty nice with 3 layers and options for colors, and if you don't grab the keyboard and slam it from the ground I know it wont brake.... So durability is not an issue with acrylic as long as you don't use your keyboard for MMA lifestyle....

I think it would be better for the GB if it has 30 peeps with the alu casing and another 30 with acrylic instead of 30 only with aluminum case because others were discouraged to jump in because of the price.

Again this is an awesome and fresh start for something beautiful :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:00:49 by bazemk1979 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:44:04 »
This one is not that PCB that Matt3o asked me to build for him?
And at the end he ended up using direct wire instead of the PCB.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:15:04 by agodinhost »

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:51:59 »
I think it would be better for the GB if it has 30 peeps with the alu casing and another 30 with acrylic instead of 30 only with aluminum case because others were discouraged to jump in because of the price.
Yup, I do agree. ALU is way expensive and is not for everybody.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:04:20 »
Yup, I do agree. ALU is way expensive and is not for everybody.
I think flying raccoon has the acrylic layered case under control and the CNC cases I've designed don't need much work. There are options for everyone.
github

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:24:42 »
I think flying raccoon has the acrylic layered case under control and the CNC cases I've designed don't need much work. There are options for everyone.
Awesome!
This CNC case that you are talking about is your marvelous TKL project Photekq?