Author Topic: Why Did You Come to GeekHack? and Why Do You Stay?  (Read 10871 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Why Did You Come to GeekHack? and Why Do You Stay?
« on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:42:27 »
I like many came here from the results of a Google search when I had a keyboard problem with my first mechanical.

I've stayed so far because we have everything here, cool toys, insane projects, some good people, lots of drama and at the end of the day I've realized I like keyboard related things and I enjoy trying new things and experimenting.

I also like spending money and getting things in the mail.  :p

And I remember when I was a kid we had pen pal's at school and I always thought it would be awesome to have a pen pal from Australia and I have a chance here to interact with people from tomorrow even  :o

I even keep thinking about leaving which I've shared with a few people but I just can't get away  8)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: Why Did You Come to GeekHack? and Why Do You Stay?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:42:59 »
Because of you  :-*
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:46:22 »
I came because I found out about mechanical keyboards. I stayed because I like mechanical keyboards. I wish to stay as long as this place remains a community and not a flea market with a small lobby on the side.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:50:12 by keymaster »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:10:10 »
IBM; IBM.

122-key terminal keyboards, to be specific, which at the time were thought of as being unusable for any application other than originally intended, and regularly sold for well under 50 USD.

Times have changed.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:12:50 »
Came to learn about Klaxon, stayed for the modding/tinkerer/builder stuff. And I've made lots of friends here.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:16:11 »
I came here because I was trying to find the best keyboard (this was before I knew anything about keyboards). Still I ended up getting a filco instead of a razer blackwidow, so it was well worth coming here.

I stayed here because there's so much nice projects, lot of information and interesting group buys to empty my wallet.

I also stay here because I find this forum super friendly, interesting, fun, and full of people that I don't know irl but that seems super nice from what they post on this forum.

I can't wait to find a way to go to a meetup at some point and meet some of you irl.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:18:00 »
visited /g/ every now and then to see some setups, etc. one day noticed a mechanical keyboard thread.

from there i learned about filcos, all those nice minimalist boards, and also saw the name geekhack tossed around. so, i signed up and wasn't active for a few months.

from there i guess the slight interest turned into a hobby, and i met many cool and generous people along the way. it's the best community i have been a part of.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:29:30 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:20:45 »
I can't wait to find a way to go to a meetup at some point and meet some of you irl.

A bit off topic but...I think there's enough people in the Quebec area on GeekHack to have a MTL Meetup or something. That would be awesome to see. I like seeing pictures of meetups around the world :D. Like the one in Malaysia! And if it was at the right time, I might be able to make it to MTL. Just saying...anyways, on topic:

visited /g/ every now and then to see some setups, etc. one day noticed a mechanical keyboard thread.

from there i learned about filcos, all those nice minimalist boards, and also saw the name geekhack tossed around. so, i signed up and wasn't active for a few months.

from there i guess the slight interest turned into a hobby.

Then you made the Tek-80 and we were all like

:D

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:22:41 »
Almost same with spamray. Flickering led on my razer bwu me3 (now resting) then suddenly I was awed at how people can be so addicted to this hobby.

Stayed for real when I first saw the KMAC.
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:25:08 »

Show Image

;) :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:28:43 »
I came here because I was trying to find the best keyboard (this was before I knew anything about keyboards). Still I ended up getting a filco instead of a razer blackwidow, so it was well worth coming here.

I stayed here because there's so much nice projects, lot of information and interesting group buys to empty my wallet.

I also stay here because I find this forum super friendly, interesting, fun, and full of people that I don't know irl but that seems super nice from what they post on this forum.

quoted for truth and because its quicker than me typing basically the same reasons
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:30:55 »
i came for the awesome but stayed for the sexy
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:31:49 »
I cam looking for a solution to my BWU chattering.

I then saw how friendly everyone was and how much DIY was there.

Now I have one ergodox, and a bunch of components for some keyboards I have to assemble.

Taken a vow not to be pre-built keyboards except unless it is BS :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:33:10 »
i came for the awesome but stayed for the sexy

So basically what Tym said  :))

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:34:46 »

from there i guess the slight interest turned into a hobby, and i met many cool and generous people along the way. it's the best community i have been a part of.
Pretty much this exactly. 

Every once in awhile I post my boards on there and people from r/mech or here recognize me haha.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:46:28 »

A bit off topic but...I think there's enough people in the Quebec area on GeekHack to have a MTL Meetup or something. That would be awesome to see. I like seeing pictures of meetups around the world :D. Like the one in Malaysia! And if it was at the right time, I might be able to make it to MTL. Just saying...anyways, on topic:

from there i guess the slight interest turned into a hobby.

Show Image

Yes we should. Do you have an idea when you would be near?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:52:33 »
I made an account just to contact Bunny on making some caps for me, stayed cos of the awesomeness of the community
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:58:27 »

Yes we should. Do you have an idea when you would be near?

Holidays is the best time for me as I'll be back in my hometown which is about 4 hours south of Montreal. I'm not making any promises that I can attend but I'd definitely try if I was back in my hometown. :D

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:19:27 »
I found Geekhack when I first started looking into getting myself a mechanical keyboard after graduating University. I didn't take the decision lightly and wanted to do all the research I could.

Geekhack had so much information and knowledgeable people that helped me along the way.

I started my first job as a Software Developer with my WASD V1 and went about my life...I did some lurking here and there.

Eventually Geekhack kept calling me back. It's beautiful trap got me and I have been here since. I may not post as much as others do but I try to participate when I can.

I stay because there is no one in my life who cares about Keyboards like I do and here at Geekhack everyone does!

It is a great place to spend your day while code is compiling :P....yea....compiling :)
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:28:24 »
I just came like most, shopping for a new keyboard, discovered cherry MX keyboards (I thought good keyboards died in the mid 90s) and found this site shortly afterwards.
I have been in a few communities online, and I could see how positive and healthy this one was compared to most. Decided to stay. Been broke ever since. Still only bought 5 keyboards in the last 5 months and about 7 keysets here or on the way, 6 GBs, 2 raffles. Some stuff made.

Great people here. Don't take it for granted, its special, and rare, even with clacks auction conflicts and mild spam and ergodox obsessions, its still special. If you don't feel you are in this community, take a step and put a toe in the water. At worst its just a wet toe.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:30:27 »
I just came like most, shopping for a new keyboard, discovered cherry MX keyboards (I thought good keyboards died in the mid 90s) and found this site shortly afterwards.
I have been in a few communities online, and I could see how positive and healthy this one was compared to most. Decided to stay. Been broke ever since. Still only bought 5 keyboards in the last 5 months and about 7 keysets here or on the way, 6 GBs, 2 raffles. Some stuff made.

Great people here. Don't take it for granted, its special, and rare, even with clacks auction conflicts and mild spam and ergodox obsessions, its still special. If you don't feel you are in this community, take a step and put a toe in the water. At worst its just a wet toe.

EDIT: I cannot embed for some reason :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:36:15 by ITzNybble »
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:33:44 »
I originally came here to get the info I needed to make a properly informed purchase when I decided it was time for a new keyboard, and wanted to try these magical mechanical boards I'd seen mentioned.

But I didn't stay for the keyboards, my keyboard adventures have been fairly boring compared to most here, I stayed for the community and the input devices subforum, since it's a forum where I can actually contribute.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:41:12 »
Came here by accident actually. Thanks to google.
Stayed cause of the communit & gb's. :3
I realized that I visit geekhack daily. Even if I'm on my way to uni, I'll read threads on my phone. HAH. :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 11:17:33 »
I arrived here when I was researching illuminated mechanical keyboards and which I should buy when my M$ ergonomic keyboard died.  I finally signed up when I got a Shine 2.

I stayed with an interest in novelty caps and then mods...oh man...soldering is fun!  Well, I enjoy building things too...I really, really regret not joining the GH60 GB and picking up an ergodox to build.  Oh well, next time.  I'm now planning a build with sprit's 60% PCB.

Oh and I saved the best for last: Bob the CC 3D! :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 11:30:46 »
For the keyboard enthusiasts! :) great info great people.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 11:59:39 »
I came looking for replacement keys for my aged Chicony KB 7000 (ALPS).

Stayed for venturing into MX and Topre. Made a few friends here and enjoy their e-company.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 12:01:20 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 13:49:06 »
Building first rig, wanted best peripherals so went to keyboard section of ocn and found reaper which brought me to here.

I stay because of the cool people I've met irl and on skype.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:11:28 »
Saw a post on reddit with a link to the "smallfry's gone" topic.

Figured it was the right moment to make an account.

I'm not sure why I didn't earlier, I like it better here.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:38:00 »
I came because I was researching mech keyboards and ended up here.  I stayed because you all are awesome...  :)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:41:03 »
I originally came here from reddit. Ripster's constant ripping of geekhack gave free advertisement, and I came.

I stayed because of the awesome community and the fact that geekhack has the most content anywhere for mechs

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:43:54 »
I originally came here from reddit. Ripster's constant ripping of geekhack gave free advertisement, and I came.

I stayed because of the awesome community and the fact that geekhack has the most content anywhere for mechs

Ditto!

I wanted to see how bad it was based off Ripster's comments.

Now I've been stuck here for a couple months.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:45:04 »

Ditto!

I wanted to see how bad it was based off Ripster's comments.

Now I've been stuck here for a couple months.

Ripster lied! this is the best forum ever!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 14:46:11 »
Maybe I should have asked who came here from reddit haha :P

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 15:37:55 »
Hehe, yeah I came here from Reddit-- needed more information and wanted to use the advanced search.

I'm still here because I want to get in on more GBs and maybe some classifieds in the future.

Also I like to see everyone's MKBs and share some of my own nerdy things.

The community is active, helpful, and friendly-- thanks for having me!
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:33:53 »
i came from a bing search. I joined to ask a question. I stayed because ive become quite obsessed with keyboards over the last 4-5 months. I hope that one day I will attain my 60th post and become a full on member so i will be able to buy and trade in the classifieds and participate in group buys.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:45:41 »
I came because I got a mechanical, and I stalked it before when I found out about WASDKeyboards and I wanted to know more about them. Later, when I got my first Mech, I joined. Shortly after, I found out about the Phantom, and then my wallet cried.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:49:16 »
Came for advice and clacks.
Stayed for the people, advice, pictures, laughs, and clacks.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 20:49:09 »
I came here because I would like to date some girls. Unfortuately, geekhack doesn't have many female users. However, I'm interested in men now, that's why I stay.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 22:09:46 »
I came because I was curious as to what was the type switch in the 20 year old Acer keyboard I was using for years and I stumbled upon a forum where people who enjoyed keyboard congregates but what made me stay was the awesomely helpful folks around here who are always patient to answer questions from newbies. In my short stay forum effect has caused me to buy several boards including HHKB (Shake fists at 'must resist topre' threads)!!

I usually just trolled in other forums but I find myself joining in to the discussion here because, you guys are just awesome!!!

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 22:14:50 »
I came because I had just found out about mechanical keyboards and I was intrigued by them. Never expected this to become a hobby. I stay, because it's a great forum to come on when you're stressed, or you want to take your mind off of something. I'm applying to colleges now, and there is no better place to come than here when I want to read and learn about something I'm genuinely interested in, and take my mind off of applications.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 22:16:29 by uJalled »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 22:17:22 »
Came while searching for a new keyboard.  Stayed because you *****es gave me the sickness.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:06:42 »
IBM; IBM.

122-key terminal keyboards, to be specific, which at the time were thought of as being unusable for any application other than originally intended, and regularly sold for well under 50 USD.

Times have changed.

Ahh kishy :)

Offline jinxedx84

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:23:18 »
I came here beacause......

43226-0
-filco TLK MX Blue & IMSTO thick blank blue keycaps
- White Poker II MX Blue

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:24:18 »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:24:40 »
Was due for a new keyboard because I made the mistake of buying a Logitech Illuminated and needed a more compact keyboard due to lack of desk space. I saw the Steelseries SC2 Marauder, the silver/blue version that doesn't have arrow keys or delete, etc. similar to the Plum 96. I wanted to look for reviews before making the purchase and somehow ended up in GH. Ended up changing my mind on the Marauder, stuck it out with a Dell RD and waited for the FC200R because EK transitioned to carrying Leopolds from Filcos at the time. Leopold spacebar issue aside ... thank you GH.

I stuck around and lurked primarily since the amount of information in the wiki was so vast. The awesome members were the icing on the cake.

Offline jinxedx84

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:25:28 »
(Attachment Link) I came here beacause......

GG.....end thread.

only took me 5 saves or so to get it to show up how i wanted it too, haha
-filco TLK MX Blue & IMSTO thick blank blue keycaps
- White Poker II MX Blue

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:34:31 »
I looked occasionally when I had some keyboard-related question to research and it always caught my eye--the weird notion of people piling up novelty caps on their keyboard (basically the "unicorn vomit" layouts)--it was fascinating that people could be doing that to their keyboards and pay a lot of money for that.  It was on the back of my mind to join and read more about this community of keyboard collectors and modders, because prior to this, I treated keyboards as unremarkable utility pieces sitting on my desk.  Computer building and modding was more of my hobby.  So finally I joined to see what GH is all about!

I stayed because I discovered that there's a lot of information and modding to this keyboard deal, and the unicorn vomit keyboards are actually just a fringe collection :)  I basically moved on from computer modding to keyboard modding, and I like it because it's on a smaller scale and something I can manage on a regular basis.  I appreciate everything custom about this hobby: repairing, changing, the aesthetics, inventing shortcuts and improving.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:21:15 »
Came while searching for a new keyboard.  Stayed because you *****es gave me the sickness.

True that.. Now I want a ton of boards and a ton of sets..  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:28:02 »
I came for knowledge, and now I stay for the thick abs

But seriously, I bought a DAS because I needed my first ever personal keyboard, and then I found reddit's community, in which I was led to geekhack, where I tried to learn as much as I could.

Now I stay because I have some cool friends and want to grow my collection. and to learn more as well :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:35:10 »
I was floating along on the sea of ignorance, and washed up on a beach of keycaps.

I made a house out of keyboards.

I stayed because the natives are friendly, and the trinkets they trade are so sparkly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ