Author Topic: Fake BroCaps Discussion  (Read 52572 times)

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Fake BroCaps Discussion
« on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 09:53:59 »
" I don’t want to make brobot’s clone, they are really ugly cheap ****

But Brocap always intervene in my business so I make a chance for him to show his genius "

What the hell happened with this guy, make clone just for profit ? :blank:

GH people must aware now, please support only from original BroCaps himself

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Fake BroCaps Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 09:58:21 »
Sounds more like making clones out of spite.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 09:58:27 »
Well it looks like the same guy who was making the fake clacks, so at least it's only one source.

I think k3kc is just trolling everyone.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:08:02 »
Well it looks like the same guy who was making the fake clacks, so at least it's only one source.

I think k3kc is just trolling everyone.

Yeah the same guy

He really really proud when cloning keycap  :))

Clone ??
I believe everybody can do it if they want...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:19:50 »
Honestly, I don't think we should have a thread to discuss this, as this creates more 'awareness' and free advertisement for him. That guy does not deserve a thread.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:29:47 »
Yeah if there is going to be a thread to discuss this let Bro start it, let's not give that wanker any more free advertisement.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:32:20 »
Yeah if there is going to be a thread to discuss this let Bro start it, let's not give that wanker any more free advertisement.

This. I'm not closing it, but I'd say don't discuss it unless you want more people to know about it. I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread. That scumbag will get what's coming to him eventually.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Distilled

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:32:38 »
The only thing that really needs to be advertised is that if you are even seen to support this POS you will be banned from not only Bro sales, but all CtrlAlt buys forever more.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:37:46 »
If it weren't for the **** heads on reddit this guy wouldn't have much of a market to begin with. So many of them have the "I don't want to have to wait or do anything other than put my credit card number in a form to get what I want" mentality and they think that justifies buying this copycat ****. I used to visit /r/mk occasionally up until this cloner started peddling his garbage but after seeing how positively the community responded to him I've almost completely stopped visiting that subreddit.

I know my business doesn't come anywhere near the level of Bunny and Margo but I will be maintaining a personal blacklist of anyone I see with this cloner **** and will refuse any and all business with them, no questions asked. They will not be getting anything I sell in the classifieds nor will they be able to participate in any of my future group buys for stainless plates, etc.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:40:47 »
Fauxbots?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:42:59 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:24:28 by esoomenona »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:45:43 »
The people on reddit are ridiculous and hypocritical. I know there's a lot of people there, so it's hard to generalize, but.... When the guy makes fake CCs, they are excited and purchase them. Now he says this and they're on him about it? wtg

All of the people that got on him about bros are ones that are active here. Nobody that is not on here has said a negative thing about him over that from what I've seen. Reddit being reddit.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:50:34 »
The people on reddit are ridiculous and hypocritical. I know there's a lot of people there, so it's hard to generalize, but.... When the guy makes fake CCs, they are excited and purchase them. Now he says this and they're on him about it? wtg

remember, vocal minority on reddit.  many lurkers, prob more than GH.  And im 99% sure people on GH were buying his fauxclacks too

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:17:30 »
I still don't understand why the mods over there are copacetic with this guy leaving turds all over their forum.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:18:58 »
Will someone just firebomb this douchebag already?

Edit: And We should just ban pmh already.  I love how he's a mod of that forum and wants to be taken seriously elsewhere, but here he is once again encouraging counterfeiters and giving them a place to show off and sell their wares.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:24:15 by nubbinator »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:22:20 »
its reddit
and really? We're gonna threaten firebomb violence to someone making "fake" goods?
why not just nuke 90% of China out of existence while you're at it.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:24:56 »
remember, vocal minority on reddit.  many lurkers, prob more than GH.  And im 99% sure people on GH were buying his fauxclacks too
GH has at least 5 times as many lurkers than /r/mechanicalkeyboards
reddit: ~2 Million page views http://i.imgur.com/DBxqxDX.png
GH: ~15 million views over the same timespan (month of May) http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=stats

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:25:57 »
Will someone just firebomb this douchebag already?

10x, pls.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:28:18 »
its reddit
and really? We're gonna threaten firebomb violence to someone making "fake" goods?
why not just nuke 90% of China out of existence while you're at it.

You have heard of being facetious right?  I'm being over the top and obviously inappropriate as a way of showing disgust for a situation.  I would never wish serious harm upon someone, even someone like k3 who is stealing from Clack and Bro now and who is obviously an amoral douchebag only concerned with hurting others and making money.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:48:25 »
Wait, isn't what he's doing against reddit t&c? Pretty sure you can't openly admit to breaking the law, even on random sub's...

Least that's what I've been told by people re-streaming sporting events and trying to link it on reddit

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:51:24 »
Wait, isn't what he's doing against reddit t&c? Pretty sure you can't openly admit to breaking the law, even on random sub's...

Least that's what I've been told by people re-streaming sporting events and trying to link it on reddit

Rip lets him do it because he knows it pisses off the GH community. You can report it, but Admins very seldom interfere with anything that isn't a default sub.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:53:47 »
What if Ripster is financing the whole thing?
Just gonna plant that little seed...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 11:55:23 »

It's borderline.  That said, Bro and CC could do a DMCA takedown request to get the links to the counterfeits removed and potentially get him shadowbanned at Reddit.

And MiTo (wherever you are), you should be ashamed.  GH made your Pulse set wildly successful and yet here you are, begging for counterfeits and people to rip off the work of others.  Shameful.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:05:23 »

It's borderline.  That said, Bro and CC could do a DMCA takedown request to get the links to the counterfeits removed and potentially get him shadowbanned at Reddit.

And MiTo (wherever you are), you should be ashamed.  GH made your Pulse set wildly successful and yet here you are, begging for counterfeits and people to rip off the work of others.  Shameful.

Show Image

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:32:44 »

Show Image

MITO YOU A ***** BRUH.

who is mito? wtf is pulse?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:34:35 »
Shameless self plug in hopes that we can spread awareness of why you dont buy knock-off garbage

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2j4sd9/this_is_why_you_say_no_to_cheap_vietnamese/

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline cphead

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:37:26 »
Shameless self plug in hopes that we can spread awareness of why you dont buy knock-off garbage

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2j4sd9/this_is_why_you_say_no_to_cheap_vietnamese/

Plug in ripster's KEYBOARD SCIENCE photos at the end and r/mk would eat that stuff up.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:55:53 »

Show Image

MITO YOU A ***** BRUH.

who is mito? wtf is pulse?

This is MiToThis is PuLSEThis is his Cospar set for those who want to boycott those who are supporting and encouraging counterfeiting.

Edit:  And the hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Nice.  Threw an upvote your way.  They really do look like ****.

Where did Bro post those pics?
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:55:46 by nubbinator »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:58:23 »

Thanks! He posted them here in the Bro Caps gallery thread  :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:09:11 »

Thanks! He posted them here in the Bro Caps gallery thread  :thumb:

Damn. Those counterfeits look horrible.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Fake BroCaps Discussion
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:12:51 »
I used to live in China. Saw fake crape all the time. Fake crap is so...fake...and crap.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:14:50 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:29:22 »

bu..but, that title hurts :'(

upvoted as well
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:31:27 »

bu..but, that title hurts :'(

upvoted as well

You're reading it wrong.  ;)  You should always say no to cheap knockoffs.  You can say yes to authentic, high quality Vietnamese products!   :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:07:32 »
Oh.

It seems I'm late to the party but luckly, I heard the shots being fired.

And hello nubbinator, long time mate. How's Apollo doing?

Regarding the following:

Hack Orange, Mint Gum, Red and PuLSE Blue

About a month ago somebody (I don't actually remember clearly who it was, it's on the PuLSE thread) requested novelties keycaps matching PuLSE colorscheme. Yes, Gasmasks maybe Zombies or Mummies and guess what? Skulls.

I contacted HotKeys and requested partnership and we're looking into that, Gasmasks.

So, now, I'm moving into Zombies, Mummies and again, Skulls.

Note that the word "Skulls" may refer to the famous CCs that everybody knows, but there are thousands of skulls designs that could be used for a resin made keycap.

And I really wanted one matching PuLSE colors because PuLSE/Death/Life/Heartbeat is a theme. And we're close to Halloween and I thought it was a good idea. On October 4th, I contacted this dude K3 to see if he could do anything, and here's his answer:

That's why on this image, I'm joking by telling that the dude probably uses Google Trsn.

And here's the rest of the thread, that our buddy nubbinator decided to hide.

Do I need to say anything else?

Oh.

And for those who don't know me, yes, I designed PuLSE, yes I'm designing Cospar and yes, I support this dude K3 (I didn't buy anything from him, actually) and I hope he comes up with his own designs soon because he has the tooling and logistics to make something decent and available to the masses.

If you want to boycott Cospar, go ahead.

Don't buy it, troll on it's thread and point out mistakes with it's design.

I'm very impressed by the level of education on it's thread, very impressed.

But I'm brazilian, I'm used to it.

Peace.

EDIT: Added the PuLSE novelties image for clarification.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:14:17 by MiTo »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:10:14 »
I support this dude K3 (I didn't buy anything from him, actually) and I hope he comes up with his own designs soon because he has the tooling and logistics to make something decent and available to the masses.

Boycotted. If you (or anyone) supports this douchebag k3kc, I will never buy anything you design or sell.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tbc

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:19:21 »
If it weren't for the **** heads on reddit this guy wouldn't have much of a market to begin with. So many of them have the "I don't want to have to wait or do anything other than put my credit card number in a form to get what I want" mentality and they think that justifies buying this copycat ****.

it's not just that.

reddit is a organizational hub made for trolling.

as in, if clivkclack was a redditor, they would have never allowed the sale to be promoted, but since clickclack is a GHer, it's all fair game to trash someone's real life work.

basically, we will ALWAYS have copycat trolls as long as reddit exists.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:21:25 »
So copying is okay as long as it's not your design?  You get pissed off because someone does a similar colorway, but are in favor of people blatantly ripping off others' designs and marketing them as "originals"?  I think it would be funny if SP decided to tell you to **** off and didn't respect your wishes to only have 1 round of pulse.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:23:28 »
Can we please get back to talking about big black penises, people?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:24:06 »
I support this dude K3 (I didn't buy anything from him, actually) and I hope he comes up with his own designs soon because he has the tooling and logistics to make something decent and available to the masses.

Boycotted. If you (or anyone) supports this douchebag k3kc, I will never buy anything you design or sell.

+1

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:31:49 »

good man, i only hope more people feel the same
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:36:02 »
Oh.

Regarding the following:

Show Image

Show Image

About a month ago somebody (I don't actually remember clearly who it was, it's on the PuLSE thread) requested novelties keycaps matching PuLSE colorscheme. Yes, Gasmasks maybe Zombies or Mummies and guess what? Skulls.

I contacted HotKeys and requested partnership and we're looking into that, Gasmasks.

Note that the word "Skulls" may refer to the famous CCs that everybody knows, but there are thousands of skulls designs that could be used for a resin made keycap.

And I really wanted one matching PuLSE colors because PuLSE/Death/Life/Heartbeat is a theme. And we're close to Halloween and I thought it was a good idea. On October 4th, I contacted this dude K3 to see if he could do anything, and here's his answer:

Show Image

That's why on this image, I'm joking by telling that the dude probably uses Google Trsn.

Show Image

Show Image

Oh.

And for those who don't know me, yes, I designed PuLSE, yes I'm designing Cospar and yes, I support this dude K3 (I didn't buy anything from him, actually) and I hope he comes up with his own designs soon because he has the tooling and logistics to make something decent and available to the masses.

Peace.

I've read some dumb **** on the Internet but this goes to the top of the list.

Go back to Reddit please.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:37:51 »
Oh.

Regarding the following:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh.

Peace.

I've read some dumb **** on the Internet but this goes to the top of the list.

Go back to Reddit please.

i made you an avatar

http://imgur.com/O8Smr0g

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:44:18 »
as a comnunity we should decide if we want people like mito to continue posting here. the blatant disrespect shown towards two of our members is incredible.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:45:44 »
as a comnunity we should decide if we want people like mito to continue posting here. the blatant disrespect shown towards two of our members is incredible.

as a member of the community, i would like my vote to go towards him not being able to continue to

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:48:33 »

Since the mods want to enforce group buy rules, here is a good one, don't let people who openly support fakes that directly harm and disrespect artisans who call geekhack home run group buys and benefit off of the controversy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:51:05 by SpAmRaY »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:48:39 »
So copying is okay as long as it's not your design?  You get pissed off because someone does a similar colorway, but are in favor of people blatantly ripping off others' designs and marketing them as "originals"?  I think it would be funny if SP decided to tell you to **** off and didn't respect your wishes to only have 1 round of pulse.

Dvoryke is a friend and that was a joke between us.

I sincerely don't really care about people copying "my" stuff since I don't make money with this.

CF himself is the only one who should be looking into this, not you, since it's his business and his sales won't be affected.

As a matter of fact, he should thank K3 because now more people is looking into a real CC - free marketing.

Hey Bunny, I thought you were dead.

But seriously, why are you wasting time here?

You've got a lot of work to do, like going to your local post office in order to conclude Penumbra shipping.

That's taking a little bit too long.

Thanks for the image, I'll upload it asap.

I'm not the one uneducated here.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:53:14 »
im failing to see how that takes away from you supporting fakes.

or did you just find anything to "get back at me"? weak son. weak af.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:54:33 »

I sincerely don't really care about people copying "my" stuff since I don't make money with this.

CF himself is the only one who should be looking into this, not you, since it's his business and his sales won't be affected.

As a matter of fact, he should thank K3 because now more people is looking into a real CC - free marketing.

You've got a lot of work to do, like going to your local post office in order to conclude Penumbra shipping.

ive shipped all mine

just waiting for the US proxy to ship the rest of his, much like you do with every single set of yours

what is it you do again, ah yeah, **** all, pick out 2 colours, stir up some drama, let other people do all the work then take the credit

you talk about rallying the community together, and being part of it, yet you **** all over it and attack people

you are a nasty, petty and pathetic trumped up little man, sadly, some people couldnt see that right away, but you just managed to burn all your bridges here

so **** off back to reddit

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:55:42 »

That's taking a little bit too long.

Thanks for the image, I'll upload it asap.

I'm not the one uneducated here.

Show Image
Are you by any chance mentally retarded?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:57:06 »

I propose we form a small group of members, dedicated to protecting the membership at large, who could review the accounts of people such as the ones you describe, and vote or come to a consensus on whether they should be allowed to continue posting here as members of our community. We would need some way to bring these accounts to the attention of that group, though.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."