Author Topic: LightSaver V2 Group Buy  (Read 374617 times)

Offline elton5354

Re: LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:25:14 »
When will we receive the shipping notifications (or we won't)?

Also, how long does it take for Korea to ship to Malaysia anyway?

I'll let you know the tracking # once they're shipped.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #601 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:05:56 »
Wohoo !! Malaysia LightSvrV2 group member number 2. Can't wait for this !!!
Woots! How come I don't see you in LYN? Heh.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #602 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:04:37 »
If anyone needs money more than a board I've decided I need this.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 12:28:58 »
If anyone needs money more than a board I've decided I need this.

2 V1's for sale here at a very good price:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59861.0

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #604 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 07:31:04 »
Any updates? :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #605 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 08:10:23 »
Any updates? :)
he said he is preparing ship pcb& plate for me

Offline bianco

« Reply #606 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 10:27:49 »
i get so excited when there's new post on this thread.  :))

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #607 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 16:53:38 »
Any news, Elton?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #608 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 17:02:25 »
They just shipped the PCBs/Plate only orders on Friday.  I was told the sets will be shipped shortly after.

I just sent tracking #'s to those orders through PM.  It was too much work to send each individually..For the set orders, I will post them on the spreadsheet for you to see amongst yourselves!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 July 2014, 18:18:08 by elton5354 »

Offline bianco

« Reply #609 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 19:14:26 »
They just shipped the PCBs/Plate only orders on Friday.  I was told the sets will be shipped shortly after.

I just sent tracking #'s to those orders through PM.  It was too much work to send each individually..For the set orders, I will post them on the spreadsheet for you to see amongst yourselves!

thank you Elton
looking forward to the update/spreadsheet for the sets

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #610 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:09:02 »
wooh woooooh!!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #611 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:13:26 »

Are the "sets" the assembled boards? thanks Elton.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #612 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:25:22 »
They did say that the assembled boards will take a little longer. Let me confirm.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #613 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:26:31 »
They did say that the assembled boards will take a little longer. Let me confirm.

No worries at all, just wondering, thanks dude :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #614 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 01:11:03 »
Thanks for the update!

Could you arrange something concerning the customs declaration on the box?

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #615 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 23:20:24 »
So my PCBs and plate arrived today. Apparently EMS is quick. All I can say about the packaging is that it was thorough. Took me ten minutes to get to the goods. The precaution is appreciated though.

The plate smells like fire. Also appreciated.

Edit: My thanks to Elton, Booduck, and Byungho (which my phone wants to correct to "bunghole.")

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 July 2014, 23:25:11 by animaliaparadoxa »

Offline bianco

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:14:22 »
wow. that's quick!
congrats!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 07:59:49 »
No joke! Congrats animal!!!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #618 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:43:20 »
wtb Round 2! =]

Offline Battou62

« Reply #619 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:35:54 »

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.

Offline ckar

« Reply #621 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 21:51:36 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:44:54 by ckar »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 21:59:38 »
Why is the keyboard angle so steep for this particular keyboard? It is practically unusable based on what I have seen in the pictures.

That is personal preference and I know quite a few people who would disagree.   ;)

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:08:25 »
Why is the keyboard angle so steep for this particular keyboard? It is practically unusable based on what I have seen in the pictures.

That is personal preference and I know quite a few people who would disagree.   ;)

Yup. I use mine with a steep angle. My fingers are shorter than my palms, so I generally prefer to type with a steeper angle than what most would consider ergonomic, and I hate using a palm rest.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:13:06 »

If its the same as the viper,which is 11 degrees, I don't think is that steep.  It's about the same as my GON.  I'm more worried about the front height than the angle.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline geniekid

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:43:37 »
I took some measurements and did some trig - a flat QFR is about 6 degrees and the feet will raise it to 11 degrees so the Lightsaver case should feel fine for people who regularly use feet.  Whether or not you like using feet though, most cases at least allow you to toggle between the two.  I'm hoping Duck will take this into account for their future products since the case elevation is the only problem I have with the Lightsaver.

Offline ckar

« Reply #626 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 06:07:03 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:44:31 by ckar »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #627 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 06:17:55 »
Yeah, the angle really bothered me and made me skip Round 1. I always use my boards flat on the table.

But whatever ... the Lightsaver looks so nice, that I had to order one.

I simply told myself "If I can't get used to it, there are always the classifieds" :)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:35:28 »
Yeah, the angle really bothered me and made me skip Round 1. I always use my boards flat on the table.

But whatever ... the Lightsaver looks so nice, that I had to order one.

I simply told myself "If I can't get used to it, there are always the classifieds" :)
I just needed something to go on my mantle...  :p

Offline blighty

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:01:52 »
Exactly, most people don't use feet on their keyboard (you are not suppose to, flatter keyboards are better for typing) and this keyboard is too steep (has the "feet" always on). It makes it unusable.

I sometimes use the feet on my filco, sometimes not.  If anything, the board's angle makes it unusable to you.  On the bright side, you won't want to spend $400+ in the classifieds when one (or more) of the 30 people who got the full set decides they need money more than they need a heavy programmable keyboard.

(The steepness also makes the keyboard look funny, but that is a minor issue compared to the steepness, but one look at the keyboard and you know it looks so strange and there is something wrong with it).

LOL.  And there are no spaces between the function and the number row.  WTF?
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #630 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:07:39 »
Exactly, most people don't use feet on their keyboard (you are not suppose to, flatter keyboards are better for typing) and this keyboard is too steep (has the "feet" always on). It makes it unusable.

I sometimes use the feet on my filco, sometimes not.  If anything, the board's angle makes it unusable to you.  On the bright side, you won't want to spend $400+ in the classifieds when one (or more) of the 30 people who got the full set decides they need money more than they need a heavy programmable keyboard.

(The steepness also makes the keyboard look funny, but that is a minor issue compared to the steepness, but one look at the keyboard and you know it looks so strange and there is something wrong with it).

Really?  I'm all for discussion, but I do not come to this thread to see people bash this keyboard.  It's not that you're doing anything explicitly wrong here, it's just...why?

Offline blighty

« Reply #631 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:11:23 »

Really?  I'm all for discussion, but I do not come to this thread to see people bash this keyboard.  It's not that you're doing anything explicitly wrong here, it's just...why?

I'm just (giving moral support to ckar/trolling).  I'm looking forward to getting this.  It will get me off my ass and unload the random boards i have stacked in closets...
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #632 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:13:48 »

Agreed. If you believe it's "unusable" then simply don't buy one and be on your way. People have differing preferences and those who have ordered a Lightsaver won't be dissuaded by your opinion.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 09:07:39 »
I think it's useful to give feedback to the organizer why you didn't buy a product or what improvements could be made.  I bought a full LS kit, but I still think the 11 degree default elevation is too steep even if it's not a deal breaker.

Perhaps such feedback would be more appropriate in the IC/discussion threads for Duck's upcoming 75% or upcoming 60% boards.

Offline ckar

« Reply #634 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:16:51 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:44:13 by ckar »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #635 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:22:25 »

Agreed. If you believe it's "unusable" then simply don't buy one and be on your way. People have differing preferences and those who have ordered a Lightsaver won't be dissuaded by your opinion.

I am saying there is no reason for a keyboard to be this steep. Making it so will alienate more customers than it brings in.

The design just doesn't make any sense from a usability point of view (because flatter keyboards are better).

It doesn't make sense from a monetary point of view (A steep keyboard will result in less customers. The majority of people do not use steep keyboards).

(PS: The steepness of the keyboard also looks strange, so there is another hit based on a aesthetic point of view.)

It is not as simple as not buying, but rather the seller is trying to pass off a flawed product to many people.

This is a limited run that sold out in mere hours.  So most of your points about losing money are invalid.

And given that it did sell out so quick, I'm inclined (heh) to believe that many people are fans of the steepness, both for usability and aesthetics.  I categorize myself as one such person.

Obviously if everyone agreed with you, no one would have bought this.  Therefore, I think it's safe to assume (still) that this is a matter of preference and not an absolute, as you are presenting it.

Offline blighty

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:30:13 »

I am saying there is no reason for a keyboard to be this steep. Making it so will alienate more customers than it brings in.

The design just doesn't make any sense from a usability point of view (because flatter keyboards are better).

It doesn't make sense from a monetary point of view (A steep keyboard will result in less customers).

(PS: The steepness of the keyboard also looks strange, so there is another hit based on a aesthetic point of view.)

It is not as simple as not buying, but rather the seller is trying to pass off a flawed product to many people.

LOL.  Such a troll.  They don't need that many customers.  It was originally a run of 15 that was expanded to 30.  So you don't like it.  Cool.  You can't buy it (as of now) anyway, so what's the issue?  The board's very existence offend your more delicate sensibilities, I take it?  It's awesome that in the month you have been active here that you have come to the conclusion that "flatter keyboards are better" and "the steepness looks strange."  Learn something new every day.  I guess I'll have to learn to love mine once it arrives despite these now obvious flaws.  Or build a flatter board with the extra pcb I ordered.   :thumb:

edit: hoff beat me to a rebuttal  :))
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:31:44 by blighty »

Offline geniekid

« Reply #637 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:33:43 »

Regardless of whether or not flatter is better, there are certainly many people who prefer feet and for those people, this case is perfect.  I do not think anyone involved in producing this GB thought they were selling a flawed product.

Or build a flatter board with the extra pcb I ordered.   :thumb:

That is my plan as well :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 July 2014, 10:35:35 by geniekid »

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #638 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 12:05:24 »

It doesn't make sense from a monetary point of view (A steep keyboard will result in less customers. The vast majority of people do not use steep keyboards).

So?

I like steep keyboards, and I like the form factor.

If being steep makes it so horrendous for you, stop acting like elton killed your firstborn with the lightsaver and bring your opinions to somewhere that matters.

Offline quaxar

« Reply #639 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 12:15:45 »
Just my 2 boards in, and Got the DWG file ready, I just need to actually go to my local laser cutting workshop to get my case made.

And choose the color of my Plexiglas, which is going to be the hardest part for me. Do I want to make a case that matches the Toxic keyset I got? or do a plain black/grey or completely clear.  Im thinking Clear Yellow mixed with a Clear orange for some "text inlay" on the bottom of the board for fun. Should I write toxic or lightsaver? choices, choices.

This package was extremely well packed. My 2 boards and plates came in a box big enough for 4 whole assembled keyboards, Im very glad I made it in on the last day for ordering.

Offline blighty

« Reply #640 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 13:13:16 »
Just my 2 boards in, and Got the DWG file ready, I just need to actually go to my local laser cutting workshop to get my case made.

And choose the color of my Plexiglas, which is going to be the hardest part for me. Do I want to make a case that matches the Toxic keyset I got? or do a plain black/grey or completely clear.  Im thinking Clear Yellow mixed with a Clear orange for some "text inlay" on the bottom of the board for fun. Should I write toxic or lightsaver? choices, choices.

This package was extremely well packed. My 2 boards and plates came in a box big enough for 4 whole assembled keyboards, Im very glad I made it in on the last day for ordering.

Can you post a link to the .dwg?

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #641 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 13:15:40 »
I hope another group buy for this keyboard happens at some point.  It would be lovely to have this. 

From everything that I've seen duck just seems to make amazing quality products.

Is Duck made up of a few people or many?

Offline elton5354

LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #642 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 13:31:56 »
I've posted the dwgs somewhere here. I'll post it when it get home unless someone else beats me to it. ;)

Duck is one person, but the whole project is comprised of TrueCustom and Duck and their employees.

ckar, you are entitled to your incorrect opinions...just be happy with your real force. No need to bash on what you dislike.

Maybe you can make a thread on how you hate steep keyboards rant.

Offline quaxar

« Reply #643 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 18:58:18 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=209&mid=board_housing

Some acrylic housing for the L V2

For the people who want the DWG for the Acrylic Housing.

Offline ckar

« Reply #644 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:20:47 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:43:12 by ckar »

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #645 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:21:39 »
I wish I could get a drawing of the aluminium housing. But I'm sure Duck won't release that for obvious reasons. Maybe I'll just design my own. I'll be sure to make it steep.

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #646 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:24:27 »

Yup. I use mine with a steep angle. My fingers are shorter than my palms, so I generally prefer to type with a steeper angle than what most would consider ergonomic, and I hate using a palm rest.

Post a picture of your hand.

I've posted the dwgs somewhere here. I'll post it when it get home unless someone else beats me to it. ;)

Duck is one person, but the whole project is comprised of TrueCustom and Duck and their employees.

ckar, you are entitled to your incorrect opinions...just be happy with your real force. No need to bash on what you dislike.

My opinion is correct. Flatter keyboards are better: http://lifehacker.com/leave-your-keyboard-feet-folded-in-for-better-ergonomic-514381372

Seriously go away. This isn't an interest check/discussion thread. Post a rant elsewhere.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #647 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 10:50:59 »
Elton any update for the folks who bought assembly? thanks  :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #648 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:05:26 »
Are there any plans on doing another GB for this keyboard? I saw this a while back, but I didn't realize the brilliance of the layout at the time.
I also had no money.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #649 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:06:28 »

Post a picture of your hand.

My opinion is correct. Flatter keyboards are better: http://lifehacker.com/leave-your-keyboard-feet-folded-in-for-better-ergonomic-514381372

Show Image

Dear God, you read lifehack? A "blog" that lists the Logitech MKB as the "best" desktop keyboard ahead of other MKBs, and lists the Razer as the "best" mechanical keyboard?

Excellent! Requesting mod intervention on this.