Author Topic: 3 new GMK sets  (Read 77184 times)

Offline bazemk1979

Re: 3 new GMK sets
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 09:55:03 »
ah that sucks Benoit.... They should have proper pics for their customers. How does the space bar turns out, is it still 6.25 standard size? if not then ur really screwed. I cant speak of Sherry behalf what he will do with the x1 keys, but as things look so far you'll end  up buying 2 Tsangans  if Sherry don't add 2 more x1 keys. Can you please take some pics from the DAS and post them here, I'm curious to see how it looks and want to see the space bar layout  :thumb:
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:17:27 »
Because Das decided to squeeze in a separate function key between the left control key and windows key, and to make room they squashed the windows keys and menu key down to 1x.  That puts a total of four 1x keys on the bottom row.  Most of the images Das put online are inaccurate, even on the big splash page for the product.  The picture on the box the keyboard came in is not accurate.  This image here http://www.daskeyboard.com/product/model-s-professional/  is NOT an image of the final product.  If I had know that they had changed the size of the modifiers I wouldn't have bought it.

Just buy 2 tsangan kits and take the 1x keys from the 2nd and sell it without those. That is what i've being doing for years now on my g80-1863's that have 7 1x keys on the bottom
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #402 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:23:13 »
ah that sucks Benoit.... They should have proper pics for their customers. How does the space bar turns out, is it still 6.25 standard size? if not then ur really screwed. I cant speak of Sherry behalf what he will do with the x1 keys, but as things look so far you'll end  up buying 2 Tsangans  if Sherry don't add 2 more x1 keys. Can you please take some pics from the DAS and post them here, I'm curious to see how it looks and want to see the space bar layout  :thumb:

Honestly, I wish all keyboard makers would put the Fn key on the left side.  Laptops frequently have it there and it means not having to take your hand off the mouse to do something like adjust the volume when gaming. 

« Reply #403 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 12:17:23 »

Honestly, I wish all keyboard makers would put the Fn key on the left side.  Laptops frequently have it there and it means not having to take your hand off the mouse to do something like adjust the volume when gaming. 

I would have rather just not had a function key, but I bought the keyboard refurbished on E-Bay without a proper description.  Das has an E-bay account ans they occasionally dump their refurbs there for about half price.  They didn't mention anything about the media keys being present, and when it came with them I didn't think anything of it at the time.

The only thing that bugs me about laptop function keys is when they put it where the left control key should be and shift control to the right.  I had to support a fleet of Gateway laptops with that particular design flaw.

I'll have to measure the space bar and take pictures on Monday.  The spacebar looks a touch shorter than standard and is offset a bit to the right.  They must have taken .25 units off of it as well.  The product photo on Amazon looks correct.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PFABI8/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K066FD34E384GZD2AAJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630072222&pf_rd_i=507846

As long as it doesn't clash too much with the color scheme I really don't mind the space bar not matching perfectly.

Because Das decided to squeeze in a separate function key between the left control key and windows key, and to make room they squashed the windows keys and menu key down to 1x.  That puts a total of four 1x keys on the bottom row.  Most of the images Das put online are inaccurate, even on the big splash page for the product.  The picture on the box the keyboard came in is not accurate.  This image here http://www.daskeyboard.com/product/model-s-professional/  is NOT an image of the final product.  If I had know that they had changed the size of the modifiers I wouldn't have bought it.

Just buy 2 tsangan kits and take the 1x keys from the 2nd and sell it without those. That is what i've being doing for years now on my g80-1863's that have 7 1x keys on the bottom

That's not a bad idea.  Or, if I jump in on a group buy someone might be willing to sell/trade/give me a spare 1x windows key.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #404 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 17:05:46 »
Benoit bro the space bar is not 6.25, very close but not.... here is why:

- Standardi ANSI 1.25 x7 = 8.75 modifiers layout

- New DAS ANSI  (4 x 1.25 = 5.0) + (4 x 1.0 = 4.0)  = 9.0 modifiers layout

Sorry to break it down for you bro, but your space bar is shorter than the standard one :(

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 18:54:20 »

I measured the space bar at 113mm long with 3 mounts 49mm apart, measured on center.  It has a 4th, unused mount that I didn't pay much attention to.  I compared it to my co-worker's Razer, and it looks identical down to the mounts

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 20:04:45 »

I measured the space bar at 113mm long with 3 mounts 49mm apart, measured on center.  It has a 4th, unused mount that I didn't pay much attention to.  I compared it to my co-worker's Razer, and it looks identical down to the mounts
and boards such as Razer, CM TK, Corsair and apparently your new DAS model  have the worst sizing space bars + weird modifiers, modifiers are doable cause u can always find them in x1, x1.25 and x1.5 but the space bar you can not. There is a possibility for future Signature Plastic GB to make this space bar available for the Corsair,CM TK,Razer and DAS, that's me assuming the size is the same and the stem placement for the switch and stabilizers. Its a long shot but if enough people show interest it might just happen for SP GB's. On another hand this happening with GMK will be harder, lets hope for ur sake lots of people express interest for space bars like this.

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:15:47 »
and boards such as Razer, CM TK, Corsair and apparently your new DAS model  have the worst sizing space bars + weird modifiers, modifiers are doable cause u can always find them in x1, x1.25 and x1.5 but the space bar you can not. There is a possibility for future Signature Plastic GB to make this space bar available for the Corsair,CM TK,Razer and DAS, that's me assuming the size is the same and the stem placement for the switch and stabilizers. Its a long shot but if enough people show interest it might just happen for SP GB's. On another hand this happening with GMK will be harder, lets hope for ur sake lots of people express interest for space bars like this.

Possibly, my other option is to leave the board stock and if a really sweet keycap set comes along I can buy a keyboard for it.  There are enough developers at work.  I can find a lightly used mechanical a good home. :)

Offline hanschueng

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:38:27 »
when will the 3 small package come out?? LOL

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:56:35 »
when will the 3 small package come out?? LOL

Not my business to answer this one, but Sherry said it might be a while since he is busy and the 3 sets might not happen at this point of time. I was hoping for the Handerbeit, but it is what it is.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:15:07 »
So did graphite or soware win?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:01:48 »
If it's between those two, I hope it's SoWaRe--more unusual and colorful.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 17:45:46 »
SoWaRe is winning by 2.  I am not so sure about SoWaRe though because I believe there is a group buy already for a SP Soware set which will lower the MOQ reached for this set.

I might just put it out there for test though.  A White on Black set might reach the MOQ easier. 

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #413 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 17:46:57 »
SoWaRe is winning by 2.  I am not so sure about SoWaRe though because I believe there is a group buy already for a SP Soware set which will lower the MOQ reached for this set.

I might just put it out there for test though.  A White on Black set might reach the MOQ easier. 

We are having SoWare GB? Where?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:05:11 »
Also, SP DSC SoWaRe < GMK Cherry SoWaRe!  Those people should invest into this set instead :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:10:12 »
Also, SP DSC SoWaRe < GMK Cherry SoWaRe!  Those people should invest into this set instead :)

It might be too late!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:11:06 »
Wait, what! Where is this mystery GB you speak off? I need answers :P

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 19:21:09 »
If you build GMK SoWare, they will come.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #418 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 19:21:34 »
did someone say GMK SoWare???? =O
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 19:48:33 »

It might be too late!
Sherry always knows whats happenin on da down lo.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 22:50:03 »
A White on Black set might reach the MOQ easier.

People listen^^^ let's goooooo

Offline Sai

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 22:57:44 »
A White on Black set might reach the MOQ easier.

People listen^^^ let's goooooo

please do. def in for a set. :)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 22:58:48 »
A black on white Cherry GMK DS is long overdue. I bet many Koreans will purchase a set!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:38:36 »
Isn't there a GB for white on black GMK set?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:42:13 »
White on black would be ok I guess if Handerbeit isn't considered, but we need the 16 keys RGBY on white  to compliment the white on black full sets. Was hoping for the Handerbeit but I guess that's out of question.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:43:50 »
If white on black gets picked, I'll probably flip my ****. There are so many white on black caps as it is. And it's not like anything new will be offered, such as there might have been if lysol ran a GB for that set, so what's the point?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #426 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:48:27 »
If white on black gets picked, I'll probably flip my ****. There are so many white on black caps as it is. And it's not like anything new will be offered, such as there might have been if lysol ran a GB for that set, so what's the point?
I was hoping for something different too aka Handerbeit,coffee/cream, Soware and not hoping for  gray or black or any sort of dark colors....  but wow I think we will see grays and blacks for the next 2-3 GMK GB's at least.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:49:11 »

Exactly.^^

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:52:33 »

there is a lot less of them after I bought almost all of them in the midwest this past spring for that add-on GB  :'(

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline muad

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:54:32 »
I'd be in for a yolch! or even better the orange dolch!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:02:05 »
see....? black,dolch,light gray, dark gray.... that's the GH taste, where those color rules, where people sell single caps for 200-400 bucks and where IDIOTS buy them!!! I'm proud to be part of this wacked out website

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:12:39 »
see....? black,dolch,light gray, dark gray.... that's the GH taste, where those color rules, where people sell single caps for 200-400 bucks and where IDIOTS buy them!!! I'm proud to be part of this wacked out website

Wow, settle the **** down, son. I used to think you were pretty rational, but lately I see you talk about **** so hyped and about crybabies, and you seem to be the biggest, whiniest moaner around.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:20:31 »
Yeah I don't get why people get so wound up over this stuff. It's personal preference for crying out loud.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:31:02 »
Okay lets stop guys.  Soware is in the lead.  If all goes well, we'll proceed with Soware.  The reason why I wanted the white on black set to be made is because it's available to everyone, and it is hard to obtain all the good keys.  I dislike the moogle kit.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:32:45 »
Couldn't we just possibly run a moogle/tsangan kit instead of the whole set?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:33:10 »

there is a lot less of them after I bought almost all of them in the midwest this past spring for that add-on GB  :'(
Show Image

Show Image

Aren't most of these used?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:33:13 »
Okay lets stop guys.  Soware is in the lead.  If all goes well, we'll proceed with Soware. 

The man himself has spoken!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:34:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Honestly it's really not that hard to find good WoB keys, just ordered two sets off Taobao last night. Only problem is the mods.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:36:03 »

Okay lets stop guys.  Soware is in the lead.  If all goes well, we'll proceed with Soware.  The reason why I wanted the white on black set to be made is because it's available to everyone, and it is hard to obtain all the good keys.  I dislike the moogle kit.

No shine white on black would be pretty sweet too.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:40:39 »

omg im excited for a SoWare set
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:46:23 »

Wow, settle the **** down, son. I used to think you were pretty rational, but lately I see you talk about **** so hyped and about crybabies, and you seem to be the biggest, whiniest moaner around.
FYI that comment tickled.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 01:23:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

Honestly it's really not that hard to find good WoB keys, just ordered two sets off Taobao last night. Only problem is the mods.

That's true, you can find a lot of them on ebay.  But most of them are 1800 if I remember it correctly.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 10:50:37 »
For white on black the easiest to get are G81-7000, G81-8000 and G80-8113 or 8200. In general none of those give a full doubleshot 100% fitting set for other keyboard. Almost always need to get 2 of those to get the set you want. A good small white on black adapter set would probably do ok for many people with 1.25, 1.5 control and alt, 1.25 win and menu, 2.75 shift, 2.25 enter, 1.75 fulltouch caps lock, 1.5 \|, the nav 6pack, 2x 0 key, 1x2 + and spacebars in 6.25 and 7 since GMK have 6.25 with 'normal' stem positions so you can use them on non Cherry keyboards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 10:53:05 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 11:10:00 »
For white on black the easiest to get are G81-7000, G81-8000 and G80-8113 or 8200. In general none of those give a full doubleshot 100% fitting set for other keyboard. Almost always need to get 2 of those to get the set you want. A good small white on black adapter set would probably do ok for many people with 1.25, 1.5 control and alt, 1.25 win and menu, 2.75 shift, 2.25 enter, 1.75 fulltouch caps lock, 1.5 \|, the nav 6pack, 2x 0 key, 1x2 + and spacebars in 6.25 and 7 since GMK have 6.25 with 'normal' stem positions so you can use them on non Cherry keyboards.

now this sounds much better, I have white on black set that I bought from ebay G81-7000 board and caps have no shine since the board was new. Nice extension set as u propose would revive many white on black GMK salvaged caps.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:05:40 »
Soware!!..(woot woot)..

Sure a addon tsangan/moogle kit for WoB would be nice, but why not just add in the alphas and make a normal set? I don't think many realize here that it could be cheaper for GMK to produce seeing the colors involved...sure there are a LOT of white on black caps, but how many NIB sets are left? i'd rather have a nice, new set then a new tsangan and some grubby old alphas...

I trust in everyone's opinion here, and i think a full WoB set should be in order, it only makes sense

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:21:00 »
Definitely keen on an extension set. How about a R2 of the Purple mods but in a different color? I think blue or dark red would both look amazing!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:25:37 »
In an ideal world could do both the smaller adapter kit and full set. Shame the MOQ makes that become a lot harder. Even if sherry went my way and sold seperate mods+nav and alphas it could end up with a bunch of extra alpha only sets that won't move. It's a tough thing. Due to pricing some people only want to finish a set on the cheapest way possible so don't mind to have some used keys. If you use them for any amount of time they are going to get all shiny anyway.

I'm planing on doing another buy for some smaller mods pack and other little things too real soon since the white on dark grey and black isn't moving. Probably do one retro style, and try for another one that more bold/colorful again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:30:54 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:38:44 »
I have like two new sets of WoB, and at least a couple others in good condition, and a couple more shiny. I could use the mods more than anything.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:38:59 »
I have like two new sets of WoB, and at least a couple others in good condition, and a couple more shiny. I could use the mods more than anything.

+1
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 13:40:10 »
Thinking about everyone and the community as a whole, a full set makes more sense  :thumb:

But really the price would be a tad lower then a normal full set, which is another positive