Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119766 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
I dont even have a topre board and I singed up for them. How much would one of those be worth?

Depends what topre board you buy

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
ohhh perfect timing for a goblin!

(Attachment Link)

I like to think of it as a troll!

If you took 5 sec to read before entering the draw ...

The latest ghoulish progeny from the sinister minds of the Clack Factory gnomes

So a ghoul it is?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Just as I was trying to save money after massively overspending IRL this month.

If my luck doesn't change, I won't need to worry though :))

Interesting to note the price difference between the designs, but comforting to see that MX and Thorpe equivalents are priced the same.

Why can't other keycap manufacturers produce Thorpe equivalents of their sets at the same price?

Anyway, good luck everyone!  Especially turtle!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

(Attachment Link)

So a ghoul it is?

I did read it but that doesn't look like a ghoul to me, I figured that was just EK's Halloween talk. Actually it looks more like an ogre, but troll sounded better.

AND

IF I win anything octoberfest I will give it to turtle, I'll even pay the shipping fee  :p :thumb:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Hopefully my luck didn't run out on Bunny's raffle. ;)

Good luck to everybody!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
We shall know, in three days...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Lu_e

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'm sure there are a lot of people who will be entering a Clack Sale at EK for the first time. Made a mini FAQ just to help out. Let me know if I should add anything.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

(Attachment Link)

So a ghoul it is?

I did read it but that doesn't look like a ghoul to me, I figured that was just EK's Halloween talk. Actually it looks more like an ogre, but troll sounded better.

AND

IF I win anything octoberfest I will give it to turtle, I'll even pay the shipping fee  :p :thumb:

That is still not the same as him actually winning one himself, unfortunately.

And he indicated that he has Clarks already, but had to pay a premium for them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

(Attachment Link)

So a ghoul it is?

AND

Well how about if I were to win anything octoberfest I'll offer them to noisyturtle and if he declines I'll do a giveaway!!

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
I registered for 3 mxs then thought what if I don't win, so I registered for the other 2 mxs then thought ..you know what...so  I also went for the torpres. I do believe this is 1 of the 7 deadly sins. ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

(Attachment Link)

So a ghoul it is?

AND

Well how about if I were to win anything octoberfest I'll offer them to noisyturtle and if he declines I'll do a giveaway!!

Up to him if he wants a free Clark (he'd be silly to decline :p ) but ultimately you can do with your Clarks what you like :)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
There's going to be so much trades between MX and Topre after this lottery...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I registered for 3 mxs then thought what if I don't win, so I registered for the other 2 mxs then thought ..you know what...so  I also went for the torpres. I do believe this is 1 of the 7 deadly sins. ;D

One of the seven deadly Clark sins is, if you really want one, you need trading fodder, thus must register for them all.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
I totally had a tourets and triple clicked the register button on the gumyrot green mx page....I got 3 registration emails....I disqualified myself T_T.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I totally had a tourets and triple clicked the register button on the gumyrot green mx page....I got 3 registration emails....I disqualified myself T_T.

FOREVER...

or at least for the foreseeable future...
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:13:44 by esoomenona »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
I still say they look like the Cavity Creeps. They're called Gumrot for chrissakes

Offline Martyr

:eek: Drunken Skull looks so nice. Good luck to everyone!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
I wonder if ClickClack makes his living off making these things.  If so, bravo, bro.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
I wonder if ClickClack makes his living off making these things.  If so, bravo, bro.

No. He works as a special effects wizard, IRL, I am told. He makes clacks for fun.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Aaagh I want them

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Thanks for putting this up. Registered for the three I would like. Good luck everyone. :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Thanks for this post! I was just wondering how to get one and now I hope I win the cherry mx ones  :cool: :cool: :cool: :D Thatd be the day...

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
Thanks for this post! I was just wondering how to get one and now I hope I win the cherry mx ones  :cool: :cool: :cool: :D Thatd be the day...

Offline Lu_e

No. He works as a special effects wizard, IRL, I am told. He makes clacks for fun.
For anyone who hasn't noticed he updated his FAQ with some new tidbits...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Link?
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
Link?

geekhack.org ... clackfactory ... faq

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
8, hopefully I can draw one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

I hadn't noticed - thanks for the heads-up.

So if CC does make them by hand (he and his gnomes) that would suggest that the number of them in each EK drawing is towards the lower end of the scale.

So everyone don't feel too bad if you miss out - there are probably not that many to go around.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Link?
So basically this.
I didn't even know that was there. Good read.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Link?
So basically this.
I didn't even know that was there. Good read.

Thanks for the link! I like that he gives everyone a chance to get the keys at a fair price but its too bad he only makes so many of them because then people who want to buy them to use them and not sell them cant even get them if they dont win. :( But that adds to the rare factor and makes it more exciting! I hope I win at least one so I have one in my collection! My favorite is the orange or candy corn or candy corn skull. Oh man I wish that to be my first clack.

Offline Danule

• ###
Here we go again, hope to win one this time around :)
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline PointyFox

This time 10000 people will win each cap and ClickClack will retire.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
The rarety and the fact that he makes them for the art does make me want one even more :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Entered! Very surprised to see another raffle so soon :D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ithinkimkorean

I hope I get one so I can trade for a mint skull. :D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
I hope I get one so I can trade for a mint skull. :D

Ditto but for a candy corn skull :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I just hope I get one!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
If any of you get one and want something like a Mint Skull or a Candy Corn Skull, PM me if you do get one, and let's work something out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
The rarety and the fact that he makes them for the art does make me want one even more :)

Well your almost to 60 posts then you can post a WTB thread!!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Well your almost to 60 posts then you can post a WTB thread!!

Ooo that's a good idea thanks :-)

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
Registered for all 8, fingers crossed I get my first CC.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Linkbane

Registered for the skulls and Oktoberfest in MX and Topre. Really hope to get an Oktoberfest which I could put and adore on my keyboard!  :thumb:
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Registered for the skulls and Oktoberfest in MX and Topre. Really hope to get an Oktoberfest which I could put and adore on my keyboard!  :thumb:

Ditto! I saw one from the last run on twitter and now I'm stoked to see another run of it !!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Bob could use the company!

Good luck to us all! :thumb:

Offline tbc

OKTOBERFEST!!!!!!

fav non-skull CC :D
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Just wondering why you want an Oktoberfest?

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.

Probably because of how #LEGITBALLIN they are.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Probably because of how #LEGITBALLIN they are.

^^^ They have that #coolfactor  :cool: