Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 394595 times)

Offline Halvar

Re: [PAYMENT DUE] Calm Depths- SA profile, ABS keycap set
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:06:21 »
Don't order 194 mods at $34.28 ($6650.32), it is $84 less to buy 200 at $32.83 ($6566). Unless fewer than 194 people actually paid.

Here's the final numbers for the order:

Modifier set: 181

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #601 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:54:20 »
i am going to need to cancel my order.  Sorry guys.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #602 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:23:47 »
i am going to need to cancel my order.  Sorry guys.
Calm already cancelled unpaid orders so fortunately for us this doesn't ( / shouldn't?) affect the numbers right now. But as he said elsewhere you gotta eat first. Try not to feel too envious when we start posting phone-photos of our colorful new keycap-equipped keyboards :)

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #603 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 18:47:55 »
Okay, guys. Just got the final price quote (Including the 1x "+" for the numpads) and it comes out with what we were expecting (aside from missing the Modifier MOQ, fml)

So the final price came to $17,435.99.

I haven't gone through and tallied the shipping costs, but I'm estimating about $1500 for shipping total, which is roughly $10 per order, plus 5 large orders.

Now, we're about $450 short of that number. Most of that is the added 1x "+" and the Mod MOQ (at $110, and $262) but some of that is my forgetting to include a charge for shipping from SP to myself for about half the invoices (those following along will be able to decude that it's the first half, which was the US orders). Now again, I'm not going to go through and invoice everybody for a dollar, because that's insane, but if we got 8 people to tip in $25, you could keep me from getting yelled at by the missus.

I'm going to push ahead and pay, because as I said, I'll even up either way, after the Auction, but donating $25, or more, to the GB will make it much more likely that I'll be able to do more GBs in the future, as well as boost the total GH gets after the auctions.

If you would like to throw down $25, it will go towards the 1x "+" as well as our missing the MOQ.

And yes, Daniel. We're short 19 orders, not 6. Not reasonable to order a few extra sets, unfortunately.

Also, and this is important. We have come to a crossroads. Turns out I never told Melissa what profile we wanted for the Ergodox set. I thought I had told her all Row 3, but I hadn't. So if you want anything different, let your voice be heard now.

Tomorrow I will be paying for the invoices and confirming the order, so if you want to do a separate 1800 set, or have opinions on the Ergodox set, speak the hell up. Now is the time.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 18:59:01 »
I assumed the ergodox kit was row 3.

I'm in to assist with the $450 overage.

But, I am hoping enough people help as well. Fingers crossed!

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #605 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:04:55 »
We're missing mod sets? Instead of chipping in $25, why don't I just buy another mod set for myself? If that's OK with you Calm...
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #606 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:22:09 »
I assumed the ergodox kit was row 3.

I'm in to assist with the $450 overage.

But, I am hoping enough people help as well. Fingers crossed!

Same assumptions here.  And in as well to help with the deficit, I think I said that already. 

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #607 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:36:58 »
I'll be able to send something your way tomorrow, Calm.

Ergodox - all row 3 sounds fine I never have strong opinions other than "sheesh I have to keep the blanks ordered by profile somehow?"

I wish I could order one of the un-ordered modsets but I have no Cherry kbds right now. I'd have to buy a TKL to justify it so it'd be $100+ out of my pocket for a backup keyboard !

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #608 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:38:38 »
We're missing mod sets? Instead of chipping in $25, why don't I just buy another mod set for myself? If that's OK with you Calm...

Would buying any extra mods or ergodox kits help at this point?

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #609 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:25:02 »

We're good on Ergodox, I put up the money to hit that MOQ, but we are 19 short on Mods.
If we can manage 19 extra mod orders, then that will work equally well. I figured it'd be easier to get 8 people to chip in $25, than have 19 people chip in $32, and still be down because of the numpad and shipping (which would come to about $200)

Also, I don't know where I fudged some numbers, Daniel is right, numpad addition comes to an extra $55, not an extra $110. But we're still over by the same amount. I'm at work, which hates PayPal, and today, Hotmail, but anyone that wants to chip in can gift me $25 through paypal, and include your GH name in the notes, and I'll make sure a bracelet or pair of earrings makes it your way.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #610 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:50:01 »

We're good on Ergodox, I put up the money to hit that MOQ, but we are 19 short on Mods.
If we can manage 19 extra mod orders, then that will work equally well. I figured it'd be easier to get 8 people to chip in $25, than have 19 people chip in $32, and still be down because of the numpad and shipping (which would come to about $200)

Also, I don't know where I fudged some numbers, Daniel is right, numpad addition comes to an extra $55, not an extra $110. But we're still over by the same amount. I'm at work, which hates PayPal, and today, Hotmail, but anyone that wants to chip in can gift me $25 through paypal, and include your GH name in the notes, and I'll make sure a bracelet or pair of earrings makes it your way.

Ok. I think it's a better idea to get the people in agreement first before you have anyone randomly making it rain on your Paypal.

Agree/Disagree??

Like I said before, I'm on board to chip in.

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #611 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 22:23:49 »

Ok. I think it's a better idea to get the people in agreement first before you have anyone randomly making it rain on your Paypal.

Agree/Disagree??

Like I said before, I'm on board to chip in.

Yeah, for the sake of simplicity, I guess we should agree/disagree first.

I'll chip in, but my first choice will be to pick up another mod set if possible since I'm spending the cash anyways ^_^
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #612 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 02:44:05 »
MadDoktor, If you want want another mod set, we can make that happen, but it wont actually help the problem unless you can get 18 friends.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #613 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:42:31 »
well, it would help if he offered to pay $40 for getting in so late ... at least by, what, about $6?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline V1ral

« Reply #614 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:50:03 »
I'm down for either chipping in or buying another mod set. Though from how I understand it, it would be a lot simpler if we got 8 people to chip in $25.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #615 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:54:30 »

sir how much are you down on the gb, ill make a donation, shoot me your paypal and let me know how much your missing so i can work out a good percentage
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #616 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 12:23:56 »

sir how much are you down on the gb, ill make a donation, shoot me your paypal and let me know how much your missing so i can work out a good percentage

I want to chip in a percentage.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #617 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:24:39 »
We've got two who have already chipped in $25, anyone else that wants to help out can send $25 to phoenixcreations@hotmail.com
Include your user name in the comments and I will include a stainless steel bracelet. Probably a pretty simple one.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #618 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:56:59 »
So, you said in passing something about everyone paying a dollar ... I know it'd be silly to invoice that, and someone above said something about not making it rain on your paypal account, but ... it sounds like the crack is wide enough to recommend some filler?

IOW if everyone who isn't jockeying for your favor sends one  $USD, you'd be about a third fixed up, right?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #619 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:21:18 »
So, you said in passing something about everyone paying a dollar ... I know it'd be silly to invoice that, and someone above said something about not making it rain on your paypal account, but ... it sounds like the crack is wide enough to recommend some filler?

IOW if everyone who isn't jockeying for your favor sends one  $USD, you'd be about a third fixed up, right?

It's not exactly reasonable to expect everyone to even be checking the thread at this point, let alone go through the work of sending me a single dollar through paypal.

Lots of people are stepping up to help out, and if I'm still short on the other side, I'll just pull it from the auction money, if I can't sneak it past the missus.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #620 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 07:14:28 »
Okay, guys. I need to make a decision on the numpad thing, so I'm calling it. We will not be including the 1x "+" in the numpad set.
This will make it easier for me to move forward with the purchase, as well as give you guys the opportunity to run a GB specifically for the 1800, so you can get an accurate set for it.

If Daniel, or anybody else wants to use the info from this GB for any sets in the future, feel free to. I'll tell Melissa that as well, as they're always concerned with stuff like that. I just can't hold up the purchase any further for this. Sorry, folks.

I'm still a bit short from the Modifier MOQ, and would appreciate a couple more donations to get us back on track, but I'm going to make the purchase as soon as possible, now.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #621 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 07:23:33 »
Okay, guys. I need to make a decision on the numpad thing, so I'm calling it. We will not be including the 1x "+" in the numpad set.
This will make it easier for me to move forward with the purchase, as well as give you guys the opportunity to run a GB specifically for the 1800, so you can get an accurate set for it.

If Daniel, or anybody else wants to use the info from this GB for any sets in the future, feel free to. I'll tell Melissa that as well, as they're always concerned with stuff like that. I just can't hold up the purchase any further for this. Sorry, folks.

I'm still a bit short from the Modifier MOQ, and would appreciate a couple more donations to get us back on track, but I'm going to make the purchase as soon as possible, now.

Have you seen BunnyLake raising funds for your losses?

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #622 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:08:37 »
****, I actually haven't checked this thread in ages. Glad I did. I'll be donating $25 and also participating in Bunny's raffle. Save the bracelet, not really my thing :)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #623 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:37:32 »
Have you seen BunnyLake raising funds for your losses?

Yeah, bunny contacted me asking if I thought it would help. An outstanding gesture from him, as always. This should definitely help recoup any losses, and keep us straight on track.

I'm not sure how much he'll be raising, so I don't want to rely on him entirely. If he raises more than we're short, I'll definitely only be accepting as much as we need from him. So the rest will go to the other causes.

I've also offered up some of my jewelry for his raffle as well, so keep an eye out for that. It's one of my favorite pieces.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #624 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:43:58 »
Jewelry, it reminds me, those chainmaille cables, what happened!

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #625 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:46:31 »
Jewelry, it reminds me, those chainmaille cables, what happened!

Still waiting for the cable. I've got the rings on hand to make it, should be able to do it up next week. Nubb's been busy lately, and got held up making it.

I'll be updating the IC as I get it made up.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #626 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:16:11 »
Cool, am stil waiitng on your solution for the ends, before I start making my first chainmaille. Excited.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #627 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:25:02 »
Cool, am stil waiitng on your solution for the ends, before I start making my first chainmaille. Excited.

Waiting as well, because when the end bits are finally set - then I'll be ordering at least 2 cables  :thumb: .

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #628 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 19:19:03 »
Just letting everybody know, since Bunny has decided to help out I'm confident I'll have the $$ to ship these to you when the time comes, so I'm going ahead with the purchase, but without the 1x "+" key for the numpad.

I'm glad we can finally push forward with this, and get some product moving!

Also, Melissa updated me with more accurate production times. She said they don't have the raw materials on hand for this big of an order (go us!) so we're looking at closer to 6 weeks, than 4 weeks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #629 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 19:20:19 »
Just letting everybody know, since Bunny has decided to help out I'm confident I'll have the $$ to ship these to you when the time comes, so I'm going ahead with the purchase, but without the 1x "+" key for the numpad.

I'm glad we can finally push forward with this, and get some product moving!

Also, Melissa updated me with more accurate production times. She said they don't have the raw materials on hand for this big of an order (go us!) so we're looking at closer to 6 weeks, than 4 weeks.

glad i could help sir, if you wanna check how many tickets are sold in the raffle, a quarter of all of that is yours, and lots have been sold already good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Re: [IN PRODUCTION] Calm Depths- SA profile, ABS keycap set
« Reply #630 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 16:55:23 »
Alright, folks.
Payment has been sent to SP, so we are officially in production! 6 weeks starts today.

Over the next two weeks, I'll be gathering and organizing shipping addresses from you guys, or confirming the ones I already have, then printing off shipping labels so all I have to do it sort and ship.

Hopefully the rest of this will go nice and smooth.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #631 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:03:03 »
Alright, folks.
Payment has been sent to SP, so we are officially in production! 6 weeks starts today.

Over the next two weeks, I'll be gathering and organizing shipping addresses from you guys, or confirming the ones I already have, then printing off shipping labels so all I have to do it sort and ship.

Yea!  :llama:
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #632 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:49:03 »

Of course it will, have faith  :thumb: .

Offline argyakrivos

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 03:50:22 »
Alright, folks.

Awesome!!  :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #634 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 03:54:29 »
Horaay  :cool: :thumb:

Offline DragonJujo

« Reply #635 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:00:07 »
So, the estimated completion date is about Thanksgiving (US).  I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas present to themselves.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #636 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:56:11 »
It'd be really nice if they delivered before thanksgiving weekend, because that'll give me a four-day weekend to work on sorting. Chances are it'll show up in the middle of december, though. ****. Unless it ends up on the boat out here, instead of the plane. It'll be over a month in transit if it goes that way.

I gotta find out their shipping method.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #637 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 18:33:27 »
Well, guys. With the donations that came through, and now with Bunny's raffle, we're entirely back on track cash wise. There should be no further issues regarding this GB.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #638 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:33:57 »
Well, guys. With the donations that came through, and now with Bunny's raffle, we're entirely back on track cash wise. There should be no further issues regarding this GB.

Yay!!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #639 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:44:39 »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline jayhay

« Reply #640 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 15:13:57 »
Can't wait! Nice work!

Offline thadood

« Reply #641 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 09:54:14 »
Fantastic news!

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:19:43 »
Just poking my head in here. I'll work on addresses next week, if you're unsure of your paypal address, or unsure of which adress you sent, feel free to shoot me a pm.

If your paypal address doesnt match your submitted address, I'll contact you to confirm

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #643 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:26:19 »
Just an update here, everything is on track with one major exception.

I have been living with a back injury since my deployment to Iraq in '08, and very recently the injury has become unmanageable, leaving me unable to propery perform my duties in the Army. That said, my near future may be a mess. At some point within the next few months I will begin the process of ending my service to the military, and the first step of that process is to have a change of station to be located with a WTU (Warrior Transistion Unit) a unit set up for people like me, all of which are located within the US. This means that this time next month, I might be leaving Korea.

My biggest fear is to have been assured I have say, a month left in country and tell SP "Oh sure, I got plenty of time, send it through" and it ends up on a boat, instead of a plane, and I leave with all of our keycaps in limbo.

That being said, this is a pretty ****ty situation and I'm sorry. I did not expect to be processing out this early. So, until I'm certain I am either staying put, or get moved and have a new mailing address, I plan to tell SP to hold onto the package until I am sure of where it needs to go without ****ing everyone, include myself, over.

The other option here, is that we could send it to a reputable member of the community that is alright taking on the burden of shipping this GB.
Or, if someone in the Minnesota area would be willing to hold onto it, when I do make it stateside, when my wife comes to visit me at which ever post I end up at, could pick the boxes up and deliver them to me.

None of these options are great, but I will have more info on my circumstances in about 3-5 weeks, and it all depends on what they find, and what they say. That's about the time production should be completed, so hopefully I have a better answer for you than "I don't ****ing know"

I just realized. I could just ship it to my Wife.

Anyways. All of that bad news out of the way. This GB will be completed. We are on track, we've just got a delay potentially waiting down the line. Stick with me and everyone will be getting their keycaps. And I could see what it would cost to get SP to sort and ship, but that would be a bit of a nightmare, because they'd have to price every single order's shipping cost, which might differ from my shipping cost, and could end up with another big cost added onto what everyone has already done to help out.

Though maybe I could ask them to sort into three packages. One to MOZ, one to Bunny, and one to my wife. That way the only people held up are those in the states, but MOZ and Bunny would need to sort them into individual packages.

Alright, I'm going to tap out for the day. I'll update you as soon as I have anything for you.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #644 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:30:20 »
Sorry to hear that, mate. Seems like it's completely out of your control, but you are trying to find a workable solution. I'm sure most of us a patient enough to wait until one presents itself. For the moment, it looks like holding off on shipping to Korea is the best idea.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #645 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:47:15 »
No worries, we can wait. Life and health come first, but I really appreciate that you still gave us a heads up on this.  Good luck with your transition!

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #646 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:51:04 »
I wonder if I could just drive up and pick up my order? If SP is where I think it is, that's about a 3 hour drive for me to their office and presumably production facility. Not that it directly helps the rest of you but hey, one less order to process.

Of course I've nearly screwed myself out of this a couple of times by making last-minute changes so maybe I should shut up now.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #647 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 22:09:34 »
Though maybe I could ask them to sort into three packages. One to MOZ, one to Bunny, and one to my wife. That way the only people held up are those in the states, but MOZ and Bunny would need to sort them into individual packages.

Alright, I'm going to tap out for the day. I'll update you as soon as I have anything for you.

Hey look after yourself first, okay.  Hope your country looks after you especially since they caused all that suffering you've experience.  Never let the bastards off the hook no matter what, they owe you now for what they've done to you, don't ever let them forget that.

I'm sure MOZ or Bunny would step in since these guys are the current "good guys" here on Geekhack and should be able to sort the stuff out.

Just let SP know where they'll need to ship all the key-caps once they're completed.  Hope you get better over time, because your back is going to hurt for the rest of your life (speaking from experience).
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 22:11:29 by Elrick »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #648 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 22:17:05 »
I'm unfortunately in a situation myself and thus looking to wrap my own current GBs in Nov.

It's a unique and sticky situation, where I would be available online in Dec and Jan, but not offline, so none of that sorting, proxying, making acrylic stuff for those two months.

I've PMed Calm regarding possible solutions.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #649 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 00:03:08 »
I live in Minnesota.  YGPM, Calm.