Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 394654 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [IN PRODUCTION] Calm Depths- SA profile, ABS keycap set
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:49:28 »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Honestly, since I started this GB, and invested a significant amount of money into it. Plus, the fact that I have two project boards that I've made no progress on (despite having a whole set of brand new clears waiting for me to get busy with) I've found little interest in spending too much time on the forums. I can't afford to join any GBs besides my own, there's nothing I can afford on the classifieds that piques my interest. I can't spend all day looking at info and opinions on switches and keycap materials when I've either got it on the way, or couldn't afford to try anything new.

It's just frustrated to be so interested in Mech keyboards, but being unable to do much else beside dip my toe in this ocean.

I'm not going anywhere, that's not why I'm saying all of this, I'm just in a weird place in my life right now, and GH isn't an exception for me. I'm just losing interest in things.

/existential crisis

whoa...post again....that 666 is buggin me :P

it'll work out bro!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #701 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 02:34:32 »

Honestly, since I started this GB, and invested a significant amount of money into it. Plus, the fact that I have two project boards that I've made no progress on (despite having a whole set of brand new clears waiting for me to get busy with) I've found little interest in spending too much time on the forums. I can't afford to join any GBs besides my own, there's nothing I can afford on the classifieds that piques my interest. I can't spend all day looking at info and opinions on switches and keycap materials when I've either got it on the way, or couldn't afford to try anything new.

It's just frustrated to be so interested in Mech keyboards, but being unable to do much else beside dip my toe in this ocean.

I'm not going anywhere, that's not why I'm saying all of this, I'm just in a weird place in my life right now, and GH isn't an exception for me. I'm just losing interest in things.

/existential crisis

I know that feel, my own GBs have been stalled due to real life issues, but stay on the forum and keep communicating. I have found that this community is very forgiving, and communication is essential, they understand when we the GB organisers run into roadblocks and things get delayed, just stay with them and give them updates, even if it is "Nothing new to say this week except that I am alive and this GB will be eventually be fulfilled".

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 13:35:48 »

/existential crisis

I know that feel, my own GBs have been stalled due to real life issues, but stay on the forum and keep communicating. I have found that this community is very forgiving, and communication is essential, they understand when we the GB organisers run into roadblocks and things get delayed, just stay with them and give them updates, even if it is "Nothing new to say this week except that I am alive and this GB will be eventually be fulfilled".

well said sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #703 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 04:35:12 »
I didn't mean to imply that I'm getting down because the GB is stalled. I'm just hitting a wall. Everything is just culminating in my life, and I'm facing a giant ass questionmark. I've spent too much time away from my power source (my wife) and I'm running on empty.

I'm just ready for this whole ride to be over.

I'm sure once I get back to MN, find a job, start going to College. I'll get back to my old self. I can't abide wasting time, I need to be moving, accomplishing something. I get in a weird place when I can't.

Don't mind me. I'll be back on my feet shortly.

Anybody know of any IT positions in Minnesota?
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #704 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 05:49:13 »
I can't abide wasting time, I need to be moving, accomplishing something. I get in a weird place when I can't.

Yep been there done that.  You feel absolutely USELESS when stuck in that type of rut.  But there is always a new day with opportunities presenting themselves to you.  The trick is tuning in on them.  I was arrogant as hell when I finished Uni all those years ago because when you get a degree you think you own the world but when you hit REALITY - walking the streets looking for work, it hits you harder than any drunk in a pub fight.

Just persist because something will always present itself, it might not be the optimum job with a huge pay-packet but it ties you over till you find another job and so-forth.  Build up that resume and before long you'll get that job you've been wanting in the first place.

I'm sure anyone here from GH would know someone from Minnesota?  It's a big town hence more opportunity, never been there hence my huge guess on what's possibly available.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #705 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 05:55:47 »
Haven't checked in on this thread for a while. 

Calm, I hope you get your health and a job sorted out. 

Kudos to you in handing this over to Bunny and kudos to him for stepping in.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 06:56:56 »
I can't abide wasting time, I need to be moving, accomplishing something. I get in a weird place when I can't.

Yep been there done that.  You feel absolutely USELESS when stuck in that type of rut.  But there is always a new day with opportunities presenting themselves to you.  The trick is tuning in on them.  I was arrogant as hell when I finished Uni all those years ago because when you get a degree you think you own the world but when you hit REALITY - walking the streets looking for work, it hits you harder than any drunk in a pub fight.

Just persist because something will always present itself, it might not be the optimum job with a huge pay-packet but it ties you over till you find another job and so-forth.  Build up that resume and before long you'll get that job you've been wanting in the first place.

I'm sure anyone here from GH would know someone from Minnesota?  It's a big town hence more opportunity, never been there hence my huge guess on what's possibly available.

I know there's a few GHers in that area, and I've got a couple leads already, but I can't exactly take action on any of them until I'm in the state myself.

Haven't checked in on this thread for a while. 

Calm, I hope you get your health and a job sorted out. 

Kudos to you in handing this over to Bunny and kudos to him for stepping in.

Bunny's a good guy, and I know he'll take good care of the GB if we get there. I still want to hear from my doctor before any decisions are made, but if I hear from SP before I hear an answer, then I'll probably make the call at that point, and pass it off to Bunny. I'd rather feel guilty for putting the burden on him and his crew, then feel guilty for holding up product to hundreds of eager, waiting hands.

This isn't the first time he's stepped up to make sure this GB is a success, and you can bet that I'll be sticking around this community through the worst of it, if for no other reason than to find an opportunity to make it up to him.

Thanks for the support, in every way that you've given it. I'm glad to know that either way, this will still come out smoothly.

Hopefully I have another opportunity in the future to actually complete a group buy, if only to prove that I can do it.

Offline piraterice

« Reply #707 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 07:05:38 »
waiting。。。。。。。

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #708 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 08:09:30 »
waiting。。。。。。。
For what?

The set is in production, everyone is waiting.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #709 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:34:12 »
Just a quick question about the modifiers in this set, since there is some conflicting data. The concept picture shows two Win keys plus a menu key, but the mods kit lists the following:

---- 1.25u Win
---- 1.25u Menu
---- 2x 1.25u Menu

Surely it wouldn't have only one Win key and three Menu keys? That leaves one naked Win switch and a couple extra menu keys floating around.

Calm (or who ever is managing this now), can you help clear up this modifier confusion? How many Win keys and menu keys does it come with?
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #710 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 19:38:40 »
I will volunteer for shipping before waiting 6 months. There are some other geekhack members in or near Florida that I am sure would come over to help sort/ship.

i would rather you not take over shipping cause I have still no recieved the switch tops you "sent"
(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #711 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 19:54:11 »
I will volunteer for shipping before waiting 6 months. There are some other geekhack members in or near Florida that I am sure would come over to help sort/ship.

i would rather you not take over shipping cause I have still no recieved the switch tops you "sent"

Shots fired!

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #712 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:34:48 »
you say shots fired, i say i don't want more money spent down the pisser.

Shots fired!

(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline skuko

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:39:50 »

Shots fired!
FTFY

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #714 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:46:16 »
Thanks for the update Calm. I hope things work out for you such that you can complete the group buy!

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #715 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 03:15:46 »

Shots fired!
FTFY

Thanks. I would be pretty disappointed if I missed the drama.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #716 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:04:26 »

If you're desperate for drama, then get a girlfriend/wife and you'll have endless drama to deal with each and every hour for days, months and years on end  :thumb: .

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #717 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 13:24:56 »

If you're desperate for drama, then get a girlfriend/wife and you'll have endless drama to deal with each and every hour for days, months and years on end  :thumb: .

Thanks for the advice Elrick, but I'm not desperate/insane enough to jump down that rabbit hole. I'll just settle for small squabbles on the internet.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:11:53 »
Just a quick question about the modifiers in this set, since there is some conflicting data. The concept picture shows two Win keys plus a menu key, but the mods kit lists the following:

---- 1.25u Win
---- 1.25u Menu
---- 2x 1.25u Menu

Surely it wouldn't have only one Win key and three Menu keys? That leaves one naked Win switch and a couple extra menu keys floating around.

Calm (or who ever is managing this now), can you help clear up this modifier confusion? How many Win keys and menu keys does it come with?

Well. That is... Wrong. It should be 2x 1.25u Win and 2x 1.25 Menu.
Unfortunately, you're the first ones to catch it, to include Moz, the deisgner, and myself, the approving authority.
SP is already deep into production, so there's no chance of changing the order now without extra cost, but with any luck they saw it was probably a mistake and corrected it (why would we list 1.25u Menu and 2x 1.25u Menu right next to eachother in the same order?) But there's also a decent chance that they'll just adhere to the letter what the order states and we might be making due with a Menu key on the right side.

It's personally not a problem for me, and I'll even give you my win key if it's that big of a problem for you (Though I can't offer that more than once!)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:13:20 »
Welcome back Calmb4. Hope everything is good with you and you can give us some updates.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #720 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:51:58 »

---- 1.25u Win
---- 1.25u Menu
---- 2x 1.25u Menu

Unfortunately, you're the first ones to catch it, to include Moz, the deisgner, and myself, the approving authority.
SP is already deep into production, so there's no chance of changing the order now without extra cost, but with any luck they saw it was probably a mistake and corrected it (why would we list 1.25u Menu and 2x 1.25u Menu right next to eachother in the same order?) But there's also a decent chance that they'll just adhere to the letter what the order states and we might be making due with a Menu key on the right side.

It's personally not a problem for me, and I'll even give you my win key if it's that big of a problem for you (Though I can't offer that more than once!)

Ah, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. At the very least, there would be plenty of people interested in a Win key group buy.  ;)
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #721 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 04:06:26 »

Maybe it's a good idea to notify them anyway (in case you didn't do that already). We don't know where they are in production, there could still be a chance that they can correct it without too much effort. How much would it cost?

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #722 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 06:41:47 »

Maybe it's a good idea to notify them anyway (in case you didn't do that already). We don't know where they are in production, there could still be a chance that they can correct it without too much effort. How much would it cost?

Oh, no. I've already sent up a flare for Melissa. Hopefully we'll see what she's got for us (Both a production summary, and an idea on what we can do to get a second Win key in the order)

I'll let you guys know as soon as I do.
Plus, my appointment is Friday. Hopefully it holds good news for me (which isn't good news for this GB, unless you consider it getting handed to Bunny and his team good news, which I suppose it is, because it'll ensure that the rest of this GB goes as smoothly as possible, whereas if it came to me, where I'm still evening out wrinkles and figuring out how this whole thing works. I mean, I'm not saying it'd be unsmooth, but I doubt I can compete with Bunny's operation.)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #723 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 06:59:37 »
Plus, my appointment is Friday. Hopefully it holds good news for me (which isn't good news for this GB, unless you consider it getting handed to Bunny and his team good news, which I suppose it is, because it'll ensure that the rest of this GB goes as smoothly as possible, whereas if it came to me, where I'm still evening out wrinkles and figuring out how this whole thing works. I mean, I'm not saying it'd be unsmooth, but I doubt I can compete with Bunny's operation.)

Hey just take it as it comes.  Don't fret because BunnyLake has put his hand up (bless him) to take over and run this.  Just don't know how exactly how it will effect his other Group Buys which he is currently running, but the guy is a hardcore professional and knows what to do (far more than you or I).

Just concentrate on getting better and working through all the issues that come your way.  Not a lot of help gets handed over to returning service people these days but do know this, that everyone at Geekhack will support you in every way possible  :thumb: .

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #724 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 13:53:31 »
Okay. I figured out where the confusion lay.

The base mod set was always for 1x 1.25u Win and 1x 1.25u Menu keys. We added 2x 1.25u SUPER keys, and on our side, they got added as "MENU" keys accidentally.

Sorry about the confusion, and I hope having a single Win key isn't a disaster for everybody.

If it is, I guess we can discuss where to go from here.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #725 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 14:00:12 »
Okay. I figured out where the confusion lay.

The base mod set was always for 1x 1.25u Win and 1x 1.25u Menu keys. We added 2x 1.25u SUPER keys, and on our side, they got added as "MENU" keys accidentally.

Sorry about the confusion, and I hope having a single Win key isn't a disaster for everybody.

If it is, I guess we can discuss where to go from here.

So the order as it was submitted to SP had 1 Win key, 3 Menu keys, and no Super keys?

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 15:11:16 »
No, the order as submitted (and currently in production) is
1x 1.25 Win key
1x 1.25 Menu key
2x 1.25 Super keys.

After MOZ and I talked about the design, that's what we came to the decision of. Neither of us really thought people would begrudge having 1 Win key instead of 2. And when I added the 2 Super keys to the list, I must have blanked and typed out Menu keys here in the GB thread.

Additionally, SP Quoted me at 2 weeks from product completion. They had a hold up with materials, people trying to charge something other than what they were quoted. Sounds like they got it squared away, though, and are nearly done.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #727 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 15:38:42 »
No, the order as submitted (and currently in production) is
1x 1.25 Win key
1x 1.25 Menu key
2x 1.25 Super keys.

Sweet. Love me some super.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #728 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 16:42:05 »
It sounds like, if nothing else, there'll be enough people using the Super keys that anyone that desperate for an extra win key can find one.

It seems a much better option than trying to fundraise to get another one added to the order.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #729 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:16:10 »
Yes, definitely. I didn't know about the Super keys, but prefer them to Win keys, too. Thanks for clearing this up!  :thumb:

Offline pasph

« Reply #730 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:47:30 »
Super keys FTW
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #731 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 00:04:38 »
if Bunny is taking over this this GB, what's the chance of having hyperfuse and calm depths being posted together (for those who are in those GBs)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 04:40:35 »
Probably pretty good, actually, but I wont make that call for him. I'll let him answer that.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #733 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 06:29:17 »
This GB is full of win and I feel just super.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #734 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 07:14:36 »
If bunny takes over will I have to pay more for international shipping?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 07:23:36 »
If bunny takes over will I have to pay more for international shipping?

Do you normally in a ctrl alt group buy?

He has US shippers that normally handle US distribution.

I will assume the answer is no, unless you just want to.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #736 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 04:39:49 »
This was a question I asked Bunny when he offered, and he assured me that he has a US Proxy (Where the order will be shipped to from SP) where the orders will be sorted, and he has himself as an EU proxy, and he has an Asian proxy as well. Shipping should come out fine.

But I bought those extra Ergodox sets. If we go over by a little bit, once I sell those, I'll probably cover Bunny for his covering me.

Offline lefthandedspatula

« Reply #737 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 20:06:33 »
Hello hello.

Just wondering if there are any updates.

Thanks!

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #738 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 02:32:18 »
Hello hello.

Just wondering if there are any updates.

Thanks!

Calm said that SP said that they will be done in 2 weeks a week ago. Translation: SP will most likely be finished with them next week.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #739 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 16:58:50 »
Hey guys, update time.
My doctor wants me to go get acupuncture before he recommends a medboard. So I'm still in limbo out here.
Haven't heard of a final date from SP yet, but since SP and my Meboard date keeping getting pushed back, I'm almost certain that I'll be moving when it's set to come in.

So, that being said, I'm going to spend this week getting the shipping addresses straight, and sending PMs for confirmation when I have questions, then passing the whole thing over to Bunny and his team.

Thanks for sticking through on this ride, everyone will have their orders soon!

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #740 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:14:29 »
Hey guys, update time.
My doctor wants me to go get acupuncture before he recommends a medboard. So I'm still in limbo out here.
Haven't heard of a final date from SP yet, but since SP and my Meboard date keeping getting pushed back, I'm almost certain that I'll be moving when it's set to come in.

So, that being said, I'm going to spend this week getting the shipping addresses straight, and sending PMs for confirmation when I have questions, then passing the whole thing over to Bunny and his team.

Thanks for sticking through on this ride, everyone will have their orders soon!

Thanks for your update Pwn. Did SP delay the date again? Really surprised/glad that you're getting acupuncture. I didn't know that US medical doctors are considering acupuncture as a valid alternative  to painkillers.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #741 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:26:58 »
Thanks for your update Pwn. Did SP delay the date again? Really surprised/glad that you're getting acupuncture. I didn't know that US medical doctors are considering acupuncture as a valid alternative  to painkillers.

I had to go all acupuncture on my lower spine some years ago when I suffered an injury whilst at work and it worked better than being overdosed with painkillers.  I found out that eventually over time like say 3 to 6 months the painkillers lose their potency and you will feel the pain even sharper than before - because the body requires a higher dosage to settle the same amount of pain.

After about a year and a half of acupuncture, the ligaments and filaments rebuild around the damage that has occurred, you feel a lot better rather than being a drug fiend, on the look out for another hit.  When you're on a prolonged diet of painkillers all manner of serious problems start to affect you.

Better to man up and go the course with acupuncture..... asians had figured out that a few thousand years ago, hence stick with their knowledge and experience  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:29:20 by Elrick »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #742 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:29:06 »
I've done over 110 rounds of accupuncture for my migraines.  Some doctors are great, some are little more than snakeoil.  So do your research before you commit to long-term treatment!  Good luck!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #743 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:45:16 »
so acupuncture is legit stuff? I just thought people were crazy...
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline Halvar

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 12:22:42 »
homeopathy -> crazy people
acupuncture -> seems legit

All the best to you Calm, it's a shame that they let you wait that long for a decision while you're in pain. Hope your back becomes better.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:00:24 »
Homeopathy works, trust me, it does.

Offline thadood

« Reply #746 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:02:21 »
trust me

Need some empirical evidence, good sir!

Offline Kouni

« Reply #747 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:38:14 »
Just, not here please.

Offline lefthandedspatula

« Reply #748 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 02:58:05 »
Just, not here please.

Yes please, end it here. Glad to hear from you, Calm. Hope everything is well and thanks for taking the time to update us!

Offline thadood

« Reply #749 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 10:32:32 »
Oh yeah, definitely didn't mean anything! I've been considering it for my back, myself.

I really do hope it works out - it sounds like it wasn't exactly what you wanted for both yourself and the group buy, but everyone here on GH is quite patient and understanding!