Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 394668 times)

Offline nuclearsandwich

Re: [WAITING TO SHIP] Calm Depths- NOW WITH PICTURES
« Reply #900 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:09:58 »
As someone who needs those stepped keys (especially the control, heh) but not the rest of the ISO kit, I'd be willing to put up $50 (perhaps more but that's the most I can do without running numbers) toward completing the set as intended.

I'm so sorry bunny , but could we have a visual description of what is wrong with the caps and what it should normally look like ? I really don't know if I'm affected and I can't make any decision :(

Sorry for the inconvenience  as I'm just starting out with keyboard collecting hehe.

There's no defect with the caps. Most modern keyboards are made with the caps lock key's switch centered, the same as the tab key above it. However some boards, particularly Cherry and Korean custom boards use an off-center caps lock key designed to have a stepped. For example this image has a stepped caps lock key.

The stepped keys allow those of us with boards that have off-center caps lock keys to use the set and future proof those that have bought the set but don't yet own a board that needs it. (It'll happen to you)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #901 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:16:29 »
I vote to drop the keys.

Bunny, I can't express how thankful I am to you for taking this on even though it isn't your 'baby' or even your responsibility.  Please don't contribute any more of your own funds; the community is here for that.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #902 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:20:52 »
 although i would like the off center caps, i can't help with funds so I say drop them.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #903 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:24:22 »
just to be clear, we cant drop the caps altogether, that will make the set unusable for the vast majority of people
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:25:42 »
As someone who needs those stepped keys (especially the control, heh) but not the rest of the ISO kit, I'd be willing to put up $50 (perhaps more but that's the most I can do without running numbers) toward completing the set as intended.

I'm so sorry bunny , but could we have a visual description of what is wrong with the caps and what it should normally look like ? I really don't know if I'm affected and I can't make any decision :(

Sorry for the inconvenience  as I'm just starting out with keyboard collecting hehe.

There's no defect with the caps. Most modern keyboards are made with the caps lock key's switch centered, the same as the tab key above it. However some boards, particularly Cherry and Korean custom boards use an off-center caps lock key designed to have a stepped. For example this image has a stepped caps lock key.

The stepped keys allow those of us with boards that have off-center caps lock keys to use the set and future proof those that have bought the set but don't yet own a board that needs it. (It'll happen to you)

that would be awesome sir, i wont collect any funds from anyone, until it is clear there is enough to cover the issue, i dont wanna collect funds and then still be in a position where we cant sort it as it is meant to be

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #905 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:38:36 »
I will try to helping small fund with my sales Bunny

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:03:56 »

You've inspired me!

I'm not a part of this group buy, but I'm certainly invested in the success of group buys in general, and I want to see this one succeed. Bunny has also helped me out in the past out of his own pocket, and I don't want to see any more burden placed on him. So I'll donate $30 towards seeing this set completed, funded by this sale. (I'll donate regardless of whether I make the sale before money is needed.)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:05:45 »

You've inspired me!

I'm not a part of this group buy, but I'm certainly invested in the success of group buys in general, and I want to see this one succeed. Bunny has also helped me out in the past out of his own pocket, and I don't want to see any more burden placed on him. So I'll donate $30 towards seeing this set completed, funded by this sale. (I'll donate regardless of whether I make the sale before money is needed.)

thats very kind of you sir

ill make sure you get something a little special in your raindrop order

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #908 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:59:24 »
I can't fund this directly, but once I get back home, I will see if there is anything I can sell that may raise some funds. If not, I wouldn't mind dropping the off-center keys.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 14:11:53 »
I don't need off-centered caps right at the moment, but I did get the ISO kit with the expectation these would be included, as many vintage (and new) ISO keyboards use them.  I've already kicked in funds over and above the original buy, and don't mind some additional investment, but I'll have to see how much I can afford. 

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 14:33:49 »
I'll fund $30 towards the set :thumb:

I should also add, I'm fine with dropping both stepped keys if it ends up being a problem. I think the set looks fine without them. Additionally, because of the profile and height of SA, I think the stepped caps looks a little odd anyways.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 14:50:54 by Wildcard »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #911 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:13:43 »

I should also add, I'm fine with dropping both stepped keys if it ends up being a problem. I think the set looks fine without them. Additionally, because of the profile and height of SA, I think the stepped caps looks a little odd anyways.

right but they are the only off centre keys, again, its not jsut that they are stepped, but for many people the set wont be functional without them as they dont make full touch off centre stemmed caps locks in sa, thank you very kindly for your offer sir

to be clear once again, dropping the keys altogether isnt an option, but dropping the number of them might be if we cant raise enough

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:16:02 »
I actually need them :( but can't help right now.

But I will be able next month :)

Offline skuko

« Reply #913 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:21:49 »

You've inspired me!

i'm buying this, need to test the DSA profile anyway, so why not :)

@BunnyLake ;)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #914 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:24:09 »

right but they are the only off centre keys, again, its not jsut that they are stepped, but for many people the set wont be functional without them as they dont make full touch off centre stemmed caps locks in sa, thank you very kindly for your offer sir

to be clear once again, dropping the keys altogether isnt an option, but dropping the number of them might be if we cant raise enough

Right, forgot about the off center part. Regardless I'm open to dropping mine if needed.

Thanks Bunny :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #915 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:24:52 »
I'm ok with a $30 donation
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:36:26 »
I'm ok with a $30 donation

Same here, lets get this thing fixed  :thumb: .  Just send me the paypal bill Bunny.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:40:44 »
I can also give $30, but after the 10th :)

Offline Kouni

« Reply #918 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:00:38 »
I can give an extra 20€ for this. I'm also fine with dropping one of the keys.

Offline input

• My Keyboard Photos
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 03:16:39 »
I am happy to drop an extra £15 to make this right, I have the ISO kit and I don't need the keycap currently but everyone having the full set is a good idea.

I am also fine with dropping one of the keys.
Daily drivers: Filco w/ browns @ home and work (w/ o-rings), Home coding: 1987 IBM Model M + other random keyboarding goodies.

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #920 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 03:25:54 »
I am also fine with dropping one of the keys.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #921 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:13:04 »
thank you to everyone and there generosity, it really helps a bunch, i will also match whatever the top donation is

at this rate i dont think we will have an issue sorting this

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #922 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:24:50 »
I'll happily kick in $30. This set is a present for my brother, so I won't even get to enjoy them  :'(

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
[WAITING TO SHIP] Calm Depths- NOW WITH PICTURES
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:28:17 »
I'll happily kick in $30. This set is a present for my brother, so I won't even get to enjoy them  :'(

You get to enjoy other people enjoying them! That's just as good ;)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #924 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:34:31 »
Donors:
nuclearsandwich: $50
riotonthebay: $30
Wildcard: $30
passph: $30
Elrick: $30
lcs: $30 (After 10th March)
Kouni: €20 ~$25
input: £15 ~$25
stoic lemon: $30
shrapneL: $100
Tarzan: $50
jufa: $30

Total: $460 $140 more to go

Undecided amount:
HendyZone
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 12:53:07 by MOZ »

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #925 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:48:44 »
Sorry for being so quiet, guys. As I had anticipated, my schedule is getting strangled as I try to separate from the military.
That being said, I am going to host a fundraiser in the next couple days, featuring my jewelry. Necklaces, Bracelets and earrings. My goal is to keep anybody from needing to donate straight into the GB, and instead, donate into the fundraiser for a chance at some nice gifts.

Bunny has taken over logistics, but the GB, and it's success, is still my responsibility, and I plan to see it through to the end, so give me a couple days to get some prizes together (Expect a good amount, and in several price categories)

Here's my question. I'm thinking of doing a 3 ticket system. Class 1-3. Class 1 tickets cost 5 dollars, and you have a chance to win one of 3 different earring sets valued at 30-40. Class 2 tickets are 10 dollars, and you have the chance at 3 different stainless steel/titanium bracelets, valued at 40-60 each. And finally, Class 3 tickets cost $15 each, and have a chance to win one of 3 sterling silver bracelets, valued at 90-150 each.

What do you think? Is this a better option than say, an auction? Give everyone a shot at getting something while still raising a good bit of cash in the mean time?

That way anyone who was looking at putting in 30 still can (100% of the proceeds going to Bunny to complete the GB) plus you can get something extra from it, and it encourages other people to put in.

And if anyone has anything they'd like to add to the raffle, or do an auction alongside it, we can take donations of that sort as well.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #926 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:02:48 »
I think it's awesome that you're so committed to seeing this group buy through, Calm, but a raffle isn't necessary. In less than 24 hours half the needed money is already committed. I don't think anyone wants to see you throw a bunch of personal resources at this either; people make mistakes, and the point of a community is that we can share the burden.

Anyways, just my 2c ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #927 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:05:31 »
That way anyone who was looking at putting in 30 still can (100% of the proceeds going to Bunny to complete the GB) plus you can get something extra from it, and it encourages other people to put in.

Don't worry about this, we all knew what we were getting into here and paying a little more moolah won't bankrupt anyone here.  You don't need to worry about anything other than to get better and make sure that lousy government of yours pays you what you're owed.

Nothing to feel guilty about because we all appreciate the effort you went through in getting this done at SP and we are only now fiddling around in getting a couple keys done and that's all.  No ones at fault here certainly not you, because  you came into this as a complete newbie but came out as an honest individual who had done his best.  We are all grateful that you did this and are glad to have you here on Geekhack keeping us all informed every step of the way.  You can stand up proud compared to a few here who just disappear and fail to keep anyone informed in their Group Buys.  You are certainly not one of those creeps.  Maybe because of being in the military that highlights the honour we all have for you in doing your duty to the utmost of your abilities and that's all that can be expected.

Thanks for running this show, just sit back and take it easy, remember you need to get better and able to confront everyday life out in the cold harsh world of us civilians.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:07:37 by Elrick »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #928 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:13:08 »
Elrick said it better than I ever could.

Offline input

• My Keyboard Photos
« Reply #929 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:29:18 »
I think it's awesome that you're so committed to seeing this group buy through, Calm, but a raffle isn't necessary. In less than 24 hours half the needed money is already committed. I don't think anyone wants to see you throw a bunch of personal resources at this either; people make mistakes, and the point of a community is that we can share the burden.

Anyways, just my 2c ;)

Agreed, I would rather just donate for the cause.
Daily drivers: Filco w/ browns @ home and work (w/ o-rings), Home coding: 1987 IBM Model M + other random keyboarding goodies.

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #930 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 08:38:10 »
@MOZ: Add me on to the list buddy! I would like to donate $100 to the cause. I may not have the biggest foot in many of the group buys I join, but I really would like to help out this GB. Calm did quite a good job for this being his first group buy. And, let's be honest, anything with Bunny's name on it will get finished with flying colors.

I agree with everyone here though: You don't need to offer more stuff to us just to get this thing finished, Calm.

I can really say that I'm proud to be a part of this community, and people just come out of the woodworks to help when it's needed.
hello.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #931 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 08:41:26 »
@MOZ: Add me on to the list buddy! I would like to donate $100 to the cause. I may not have the biggest foot in many of the group buys I join, but I really would like to help out this GB. Calm did quite a good job for this being his first group buy. And, let's be honest, anything with Bunny's name on it will get finished with flying colors.

I agree with everyone here though: You don't need to offer more stuff to us just to get this thing finished, Calm.

I can really say that I'm proud to be a part of this community, and people just come out of the woodworks to help when it's needed.

this man gets a free set on the next gb i run (just remind me in the notes hehe)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #932 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 08:45:41 »
@MOZ: Add me on to the list buddy!

Done. $170 more to go! :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:25:00 by MOZ »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #933 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 08:46:09 »

wow! 100$ thumbs up Sir!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #934 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:29:31 »
Only $170 left to go.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #935 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:42:55 »
Only $170 left to go.

This is awesome! I'm so impressed with this community right now.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #936 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:45:16 »
Anyone wanting to help and get something the ducky caps hendy has listed are a great price right now. -> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54901.msg1231624#msg1231624

Offline jufa

« Reply #937 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:54:05 »
i would love to donate $30. thx

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #938 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:58:08 »
At this point there seems to be little to no chance that the goal won't be reached. Bunny, would you like us to send donations to an account, or would you like to invoice people for the amount they've committed?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #939 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 12:06:52 »

shrapnel you're in Calm Depths though right? I have an extra for you if you didn't!

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #940 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 12:35:49 »
shrapnel you're in Calm Depths though right? I have an extra for you if you didn't!

Yep, I'm in this GB! No worries there :)

Thanks bunny! And it's the least I could do since I feel like I've found a new home ever since I joined. (plus I'm also financially involved now due to all of the awesome group buys -_-)

hello.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #941 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 13:27:51 »
I'd love to help out, but I'm in a tight financial situation right now. If we don't reach the goal amount by this weekend, I should be able to throw in an extra $20-30 into the pot. ^^

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #942 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 16:54:17 »
Bunny if you're still short in getting the final amount paid off to SP I'll front up for it.  Just Paypal me for it  :thumb: .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #943 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 17:49:33 »
Bunny if you're still short in getting the final amount paid off to SP I'll front up for it.  Just Paypal me for it  :thumb: .

thats very kind sir

im not sure how much we are short right now as a couple of folks have been keeping tabs for me, im off now but ill look into it tomorrow, i think we are getting pretty close though

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #944 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 17:49:57 »
Alright, guys. If you don't want a raffle, I'll put up $150 to see this through.

That should cover the last of our needed amount.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #945 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 18:11:21 »
Alright, guys. If you don't want a raffle, I'll put up $150 to see this through.

That should cover the last of our needed amount.

Yep, we made it!  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #946 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 18:18:56 »
awesome

ill get it ordered tomorrow and then work out sorting the funds with people

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #947 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 18:22:42 »
awesome

ill get it ordered tomorrow and then work out sorting the funds with people

Sounds great! Nothing can hold us back anymore! :)
hello.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #948 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 00:58:30 »
Great news!

Thanks everybody that forked in.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor