Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3508149 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #4550 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 23:44:17 »
How much does a turquoise gas mask cost? I want to buy one but missed the sale.

Generally how much do these limited edition caps sell for?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4551 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 23:50:22 »
It was $15 new plus shipping.  You might get some people trying to sell thing for $30+, but, honestly, I wouldn't pay more than $20-25 shipped for one.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4552 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 00:36:54 »
Please read the OP guys, don't ask about pricing here.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4553 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 00:49:53 »
So I've tried out 4 different brands of MX blue keyboards extensively now: Leopold FC200R, Razer Blackwidow (for ****s and giggles), CM QFR, and Filco MJ2.

Strangely enough, two of the keyboards, the Filco and the BW, had blue switches that were extremely light and felt like browns except with the tactile click. The switches on the Leopold felt much heavier, and the QFR felt even heavier, almost like green switches. I've tried out multiple Filcos and BWs, so I know that production batch has nothing to do with it. I have only tried out one Leopold FC200R and one QFR though.

What's even stranger is that the OEM for Filco and CM is Costar, while the OEM for Leopold and Razer is Cherry. What is this madness?!

Does anyone know why there appears to be 2 different types of blue switches on the market? There appears to be a light, ~45g blue switch and a much heavier ~55-60g blue switch. I absolutely loathe the feeling of heavy switches and would like to buy a keyboard with the lighter versions of the blues, but now I'm scared to buy more blue keyboards because I have no way of knowing whether they will be the heavy type or the light type. Can someone shed some light on this please?

My take on this would probably come down to different caps.  The material of the caps can have a HUGE impact on the feeling of the weight of the switches.  Lighter caps will make the switches "feel" heavier since the weight of the cap isn't providing as much preload on the spring in the switch.

I'm thinking of making either a pad similar to the razer orbweaver or a custom numpad with extra macros.

I do debate, and we use computers to do research and whatnot. We have some custom macros to organize everything, and a pad would make hitting the F# macros much easier.

I assume I would need  the PCB, case, and switches. Where would I go for custom PCB and cases? Thinking of using ergo clears as the switch.

I'm thinking of making either a pad similar to the razer orbweaver or a custom numpad with extra macros.

I do debate, and we use computers to do research and whatnot. We have some custom macros to organize everything, and a pad would make hitting the F# macros much easier.

I assume I would need  the PCB, case, and switches. Where would I go for custom PCB and cases? Thinking of using ergo clears as the switch.

If you have room for it my personal suggestion for this would be half an ergodox.  Just for the reason that cases and pcbs are already designed which will take a lot of the headache and some of the cost out of the equation.  Plus it will have more than enough switches for what ever possible macros you could ever think of making for a workstation.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #4554 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:52:25 »
How do you remove cherry plate mounted stabilizers? I was able to find a video on costar ones, however I was unable to find one on cherry stabilizers.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4555 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:00:49 »
So I've tried out 4 different brands of MX blue keyboards extensively now: Leopold FC200R, Razer Blackwidow (for ****s and giggles), CM QFR, and Filco MJ2.

Strangely enough, two of the keyboards, the Filco and the BW, had blue switches that were extremely light and felt like browns except with the tactile click. The switches on the Leopold felt much heavier, and the QFR felt even heavier, almost like green switches. I've tried out multiple Filcos and BWs, so I know that production batch has nothing to do with it. I have only tried out one Leopold FC200R and one QFR though.

What's even stranger is that the OEM for Filco and CM is Costar, while the OEM for Leopold and Razer is Cherry. What is this madness?!

Does anyone know why there appears to be 2 different types of blue switches on the market? There appears to be a light, ~45g blue switch and a much heavier ~55-60g blue switch. I absolutely loathe the feeling of heavy switches and would like to buy a keyboard with the lighter versions of the blues, but now I'm scared to buy more blue keyboards because I have no way of knowing whether they will be the heavy type or the light type. Can someone shed some light on this please?

My take on this would probably come down to different caps.  The material of the caps can have a HUGE impact on the feeling of the weight of the switches.  Lighter caps will make the switches "feel" heavier since the weight of the cap isn't providing as much preload on the spring in the switch.

If you have room for it my personal suggestion for this would be half an ergodox.  Just for the reason that cases and pcbs are already designed which will take a lot of the headache and some of the cost out of the equation.  Plus it will have more than enough switches for what ever possible macros you could ever think of making for a workstation.

And then when I get enough money for the other half, I'll have an ergodox!

Hmm, if the GHpad isn't too expensive, I'll do this

Offline m1_account

« Reply #4556 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 12:36:10 »
seems like a stupid question that I'm 99% sure of the answer for anyway, but
If you're using a USB to PS/2 adapter, do you still get the input lag inherent in connection via USB?

And if so, why do pretty much all the popular mech keyboards connect primarily via USB, using PS/2 only via adapter?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4557 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 12:37:22 »
If you're using a USB to PS/2 adapter, do you still get the input lag inherent in connection via USB?

And if so, why do pretty much all the popular mech keyboards connect primarily via USB, using PS/2 only via adapter?

Most modern computer especially laptops don't have PS/2 ports.

Offline m1_account

« Reply #4558 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 12:41:02 »

Most modern computer especially laptops don't have PS/2 ports.

Then they could use PS/2 to USB adapters. My Adesso came with one, I don't see why others do it the other way around.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4559 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 12:47:07 »

What lag do you speak of? Anyway, most USB keyboards these days provide 6KRO over USB and NKRO over PS/2. SpamRay is correct. Most computers these days are not coming with PS/2 ports.

Offline m1_account

« Reply #4560 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 13:22:58 »
Forget my question entirely. My idea of PS/2 having less input lag than USB was based on outdated/inaccurate information. Thanks for the answers.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4561 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 13:59:00 »
Just got my HHKB2 in the mail. It's great, but the left side doesn't stay stuck to the desk very well, it slides around very easily. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that the case is slightly warped? The rubber foot on the left side seems identical to the one on the right so I don't think it's that.

Very small nitpick, and it doesn't move around unless I push it from the front or back, but when I pay $260 for a keyboard I expect it to be perfect.

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #4562 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:09:08 »
Just got my HHKB2 in the mail. It's great, but the left side doesn't stay stuck to the desk very well, it slides around very easily. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that the case is slightly warped? The rubber foot on the left side seems identical to the one on the right so I don't think it's that. ...
You probably checked but is your desktop warped?
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4563 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:18:01 »
Just got my HHKB2 in the mail. It's great, but the left side doesn't stay stuck to the desk very well, it slides around very easily. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that the case is slightly warped? The rubber foot on the left side seems identical to the one on the right so I don't think it's that. ...

I tried it on a few surfaces, it didn't change.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #4564 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 05:45:38 »
What could making handwiring keyboard without diode? :)
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4565 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 06:01:52 »

I believe that you could build a keyboard using a handwired matrix and no diodes but if my limited knowledge is correct it would function but it would essentially be 0KRO
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4566 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 06:43:44 »
Just got my HHKB2 in the mail. It's great, but the left side doesn't stay stuck to the desk very well, it slides around very easily. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that the case is slightly warped?

I think I read about people having slightly warped HHKB cases before so it could be that. Look if one side does not stay on the surface. What you could do is put some additional self adhesive rubber feet on the bottom of the case, that should solve the issue with no risk of damaging the HHKB.

You could do that but you would probably have to adjust the Teensy code for that (else it might have ghosting, depending on the code). I would recommend just buying some diodes from ebay or a local electronics store, 100 should cost about 1-2$.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4567 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:47:26 »

I put some 3M pads (bump- ons) on the bottom of my HHKB on the four corners and it stops it from moving around.

Offline Kaspar

« Reply #4568 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:57:20 »
What is the merit of having the actuation point around the middle point of the mechanical switch instead of at the bottom? If it's to have shorter key travel then why not just make shorter keys. It seems to me that it would make more sense for a switch like Cherry MX Red to actuate around the bottom.

Mind you that I have very little real life experience with mechanical keyboards and I'm just theoritizing here.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4569 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:13:05 »
When the actuation point is on the bottom of the keystroke like rubber domes then you are forced to bottom out the keys.  This can and will lead to RSI.  This is also a good reason for such a long keystroke (approx 4mm for Cherry MX keys) if you can develop the muscle memory you can type without bottoming out the keys and almost eliminate RSI.  Carpal tunnel on the other hand can still rear its ugly head. 

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4570 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:17:43 »
1. What is the merit of having the actuation point around the middle point of the mechanical switch instead of at the bottom? If it's to have shorter key travel then why not just make shorter keys.
2. It seems to me that it would make more sense for a switch like Cherry MX Red to actuate around the bottom.

1. For most typists it's faster and more comfortable to not press the keys all the way down, imagine comparing jumping from one trampoline on another to jumping from one piece of concrete on another. It reduces the "shock" on your finger, if that makes any sense. This is also more ergonomic as Melvang just said.
2. Even for linear switches some people prefer just jumping from one key to another without pressing it all the way down, and people who prefer pressing it all the way down can still do that. Also because Cherry uses some parts for all switches, they can save some production costs.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4571 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 12:09:55 »

I put some 3M pads (bump- ons) on the bottom of my HHKB on the four corners and it stops it from moving around.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Offline Kaspar

« Reply #4572 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:30:43 »
Thank you very much for your answers Melvang & BlueBär.

I have another question though.

Why isn't the keyboard designed like this? (picture underneath)
If numpad was on the other side then the left hand would have 2 things to do ("asdf" + numpad) and the right hand would have 2 ("jklö" + arrows n' stuff). Right now it seems improportionate with 1 and 3 tasks, if I haven't been using the keyboard incorrectly.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4573 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:37:14 »

If numpad was on the other side then the left hand would have 2 things to do ("asdf" + numpad) and the right hand would have 2 ("jklö" + arrows n' stuff). Right now it seems improportionate with 1 and 3 tasks, if I haven't been using the keyboard incorrectly.

Show Image

These keyboards excists! Not mechanical ones though! :rolleyes:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #4574 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:15:22 »

Show Image

These keyboards excists! Not mechanical ones though! :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321227781548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Saw this on eBay the other day..

[edit] having looked at it again, I realise that it is totally left handed. My bad, it's late.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4575 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 18:30:45 »

Show Image

I think I have seen a few Korean customs with this layout.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4576 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 22:30:25 »
This is a noob question, but I wanted to check anyway...

Are all the cherry mx switch housings the same?  Is it only the stem and spring that changes between the different mx switch types/colors?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4577 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 22:32:37 »

Are all the cherry mx switch housings the same?  Is it only the stem and spring that changes between the different mx switch types/colors?

Yes, all except MX Lock.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4578 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 22:41:12 »

Yes, all except MX Lock.

Thank you for the quick response.  So if I like the weight of a red switch, but want to make it tactile, I could replace the red stem with a clear one and it will be tactile.  Very cool.  I know this is not trivial (because all my boards are plate mounted) but good to know.  Now if only I could find clear switches/stems...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4579 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 22:55:41 »

Yes, all except MX Lock.

Thank you for the quick response.  So if I like the weight of a red switch, but want to make it tactile, I could replace the red stem with a clear one and it will be tactile.  Very cool.  I know this is not trivial (because all my boards are plate mounted) but good to know.  Now if only I could find clear switches/stems...

Why does being plate mounted matter? Can't people just unsolder switches?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4580 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 23:09:35 »

Yes, all except MX Lock.

My understanding is that if the switches are PCB mounted, you can just open the switch housing and replace the stems without an desoldering anything. 

If the switches are plate mounted, then you have to desolder all of the switches and remove them from the plate before you can open them.

Its not a huge barrier to doing it, it will just take about twice as long to do the mod is all.  Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4581 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:24:54 »

Yes, all except MX Lock.

My understanding is that if the switches are PCB mounted, you can just open the switch housing and replace the stems without an desoldering anything. 

If the switches are plate mounted, then you have to desolder all of the switches and remove them from the plate before you can open them.

Its not a huge barrier to doing it, it will just take about twice as long to do the mod is all.  Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this...

Yes, because the switch is also held in place by the plate, and the plate prevents the switch top from being able to be removed.

There is a custom plate that allows switch top removal without desoldering the switch, but that is a custom item.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4582 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 03:05:13 »

Show Image

I think a large reason why more keyboards are made this way has to do with the vast majority of people being right handed vs left handed.  Being right handed your right had generally has more dexterity then the left for the extra stuff over on the right side.  Plus if I was to build a keyboard with the numpad on the left I would also put the 2x keys on the opposite side so you would still be hitting the same keys with the same finger.  Although I would probably play with flipping the number keys as well.  Not sure how that would work out for me.  But I am not left handed.

Although I need to retrain myself to shoot left handed since I am left eye dominant.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4583 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 03:33:17 »
What is needed is a modular keyboard, with the alpha section, arrows and 6key, and numpad separate but such that they can be connected together in whatever configuration the user prefers.

There is at least one keyboard that has a numpad that can be positioned on either side.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4584 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 04:59:18 »
Quick questions here.

Does anyone know what the actual radius is on the bottom (.715" square) of the DCS family keys is from SP?

Also where to find dimensions and relations for costar only stabilizer holes.  My plate won't allow cherry wires.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2013, 05:44:45 by Melvang »

Offline amasokin

• KBD Lunatic
« Reply #4585 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:17:19 »
Deleted my post, opened a thread.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:23:25 by amasokin »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4586 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 01:33:55 »
Simple question:

Is there a tool to check the rollover of your keyboard?

I'd like to check the differences between USB and PS2 and the differences between directly plugging the board in via USB vs an USB hub.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #4587 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 01:44:18 »
Simple question:

Is there a tool to check the rollover of your keyboard?

I'd like to check the differences between USB and PS2 and the differences between directly plugging the board in via USB vs an USB hub.

You could use Aqua Key Test (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34670) and count how many keys are registered when you press them simultaneously.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4588 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 14:51:11 »
Is theer a vendor on GH that makes 60% stainless steel plates or where do you get them? :confused:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #4589 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 02:46:55 »
Hi guys, are there major differences (for example when it comes to coding) between the Teensy 2.0 and 3.0?
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4590 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 06:09:44 »
Hi guys, are there major differences (for example when it comes to coding) between the Teensy 2.0 and 3.0?

I don't believe so.  At this site if you scroll down a bit to the software section there isn't any thing annotating and differences between the three boards.  But if someone could correct me if I am wrong that would be great.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4591 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 06:38:27 »

There's a better processor, more memory, and more pins on the 3.0 as opposed to the 2.0. I'm not sure about the coding, but it looks to be the same based on the kickstarter page.

Is theer a vendor on GH that makes 60% stainless steel plates or where do you get them? :confused:

The_Beast had a few GBs for them. Right now I don't think he's got any for sale. You could always try and find the CAD files for them and get them cut locally yourself.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4592 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 06:40:04 »

The Teensy 3.0 uses a different processor which you might have to adjust the code for.

Beast used to make some, but I don't think he still does.

Sniped :-X

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4593 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 07:30:04 »
I believe the reason The_Beast isn't making plates right now is because of school.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #4594 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 16:00:21 »
Maybe not so simple, but does anyone happen to know which white and beige SP colors are IMSTO's white and beige thick PBT caps closest to?

SP PBT colors:
http://keycapsdirect.com/pbtcolors.php

SP ABS colors:
http://keycapsdirect.com/abscolors.php
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4595 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 21:06:15 »
Well according to SP legends a specific to a key size so 1u legends are not available for 1.5u key.  So my questions is this.  Is there anywhere I can go to see what legends are available for 1.5u keys?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #4596 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 23:24:20 »

The Teensy 3.0 uses a different processor which you might have to adjust the code for.

Beast used to make some, but I don't think he still does.

Sniped :-X

I think GON makes them

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4597 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 23:59:08 »
Beast makes the SS ones, GON only deals in aluminum.
I love Elzy

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4598 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:39:47 »
Well according to SP legends a specific to a key size so 1u legends are not available for 1.5u key.  So my questions is this.  Is there anywhere I can go to see what legends are available for 1.5u keys?

I asked Melissa for the legends they have so we can make better mockups, she told me, they have over 3000 legends. And no consolidated electronic copy that can be used as a reference.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #4599 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 06:57:37 »
Where can I find fullsize (TK) Ducky-compatible replacement cases? I plan on modding my case, and if something goes wrong, I'd like to be able to replace it if necessary.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."