Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3508503 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #4250 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 21:17:39 »
Straight up cheapest mechanical board?

Cheapest MX board I've seen was a Monoprice full size for $45 shipped.

Cheapest Alps I've bought was an FK-2001 for $20. Ninjadoc has been buying them for $1 at e-waste recyclers. Dell AT101Ws can be super cheap too.

Cheapest ML board I've seen was a G84-4100 for $17, which I bought.

Cheapest Topre I've seen was a Type Heaven for $170 new and I've seen it used for as low as $120.

Also the Type Heaven is priced at $150 now for a new one.

How good is the quality of the type heaven compared to regular mechanicals?

I'm really on the fence for a board, and topres seem like the fit all solution

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4251 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 21:17:48 »
Can't seem to find the tidbit of information... can someone tell me what size/value whatever of diode that fits inside the MX switch?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4252 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 21:33:52 »
Straight up cheapest mechanical board?

Cheapest MX board I've seen was a Monoprice full size for $45 shipped.

Cheapest Alps I've bought was an FK-2001 for $20. Ninjadoc has been buying them for $1 at e-waste recyclers. Dell AT101Ws can be super cheap too.

Cheapest ML board I've seen was a G84-4100 for $17, which I bought.

Cheapest Topre I've seen was a Type Heaven for $170 new and I've seen it used for as low as $120.

Also the Type Heaven is priced at $150 now for a new one.

How good is the quality of the type heaven compared to regular mechanicals?

I'm really on the fence for a board, and topres seem like the fit all solution

Obviously its no realforce but I didn't think it was all that bad. I'm sure the key cap legends could be an issue eventually.

If you want budget topre its great.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4253 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 00:29:25 »
Can't seem to find the tidbit of information... can someone tell me what size/value whatever of diode that fits inside the MX switch?

I think everyone uses a standard 1N4148, DO-35 should fit, but I'm not 100% sure on the physical size.
Here's a chart of diode sizes if you have a cherry switch handy, and want to measure between the two diode stanchions
http://www.topline.tv/DO.html

Offline gunmetal

« Reply #4254 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 14:00:10 »
Does an aluminum case affect typing feel or sound and if so, how so?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4255 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 14:05:00 »
Does an aluminum case affect typing
1)feel
2)sound

Yes to both, in my opinion.

1) It feels more solid and weighty, like the keyboard is planted firmly in place.
2) The clicky switches aren't as loud since the sound doesn't resonate as much through the case. Check out the last video in mashby's review of an AT F

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #4256 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 11:29:35 »
Does anyone know the expected delivery time on the Expedited Shipping option that Qtan uses on his website?

e.g. 5-7 days, 7-14 days and so on? I couldn't see anything about it on my order form and I just want to know the 'typical' shipping time before I get anxious about it not being here and what not.
你搞砸了

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4257 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 11:34:08 »
Does anyone know the expected delivery time on the Expedited Shipping option that Qtan uses on his website?

e.g. 5-7 days, 7-14 days and so on? I couldn't see anything about it on my order form and I just want to know the 'typical' shipping time before I get anxious about it not being here and what not.

I've never ordered anything from qtan but I will say that the items that Shadovved has sent me from Singapore has come in ten days.

Offline PhineasRex

« Reply #4258 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 21:49:48 »
Is there a list somewhere of keyboards that have a correctly-placed control key (where the caps lock key is on most boards) or can switch control and caps lock via DIP switch?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4259 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 21:53:11 »
Is there a list somewhere of keyboards that have a correctly-placed control key (where the caps lock key is on most boards) or can switch control and caps lock via DIP switch?

HHKB and KMAC Happy off the top of my head. Any programmable board like an LZ, KMAC, or a GON should let you program a layout however you want.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #4260 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 21:58:46 »
Ducky 9008G2 Pro does it. Maybe other Duckys do too?

Source: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45051.msg938640#msg938640
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #4261 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 22:46:02 »

HHKB, Realforce, KMAC2, The ducky pro mentioned above, Leopold FC700R, Any fully programmable board.  This is an incomplete list.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4262 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:34:08 »

HHKB, Realforce, KMAC2, The ducky pro mentioned above, Leopold FC700R, Any fully programmable board.  This is an incomplete list.

KMAC is programmable, and features a working capslock LED on the bottom rightmost switch, phantom is programmable as well.

I believe poker and poker2 have dipswitches for that functionality. Possibly the PURE as well (I'll have to go get my manual again.)
WYSE and SUN keyboard too ofcourse.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #4263 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:25:27 »
My new Filco TKL with blues is very scratchy and gives off an inconsistent click between different keys.  Is this something you guys have experienced before?  I know for sure my friend's blackwidow didn't feel this scratchy!

How do I fix this?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4264 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:45:31 »
My new Filco TKL with blues is very scratchy and gives off an inconsistent click between different keys.  Is this something you guys have experienced before?

How do I fix this?

Did you *just* get it? Give it some time to break in. If it really bothers you, just change out the switches.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #4265 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:58:05 »
My new Filco TKL with blues is very scratchy and gives off an inconsistent click between different keys.  Is this something you guys have experienced before?

How do I fix this?

Did you *just* get it? Give it some time to break in. If it really bothers you, just change out the switches.

Yep, completely brand new!  I'm just a little disappointed because the blackwidow I tried in stores feels much smoother (but maybe because they are older and broken in).  Thanks for the reply.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4266 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 06:07:06 »
My experience with brand new keyboards is that they all feel a little off at first. Maybe the stems still have mold marks or flash from the factory or the springs are just really stiff still. Type on it for like a week and see how it feels then. If it's still terrible, definitely try and return it or swap out the switches.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4267 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:18:52 »
is there a way in autohotkey to set up a macro to toggle the right mouse click?  When I am playing WoW almost 99% of the time I am in combat (raiding mostly) I have the right mouse button held down for circle strafing.  I want to be able to hit say Ctrl+right mouse click and toggle it on until I hit that key combo again or just a reg mouse click to turn it off.  Is this beyond the realm of what AHK can do? 

Or should I make a new thread for this?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #4268 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 09:04:15 »
My experience with brand new keyboards is that they all feel a little off at first. Maybe the stems still have mold marks or flash from the factory or the springs are just really stiff still. Type on it for like a week and see how it feels then. If it's still terrible, definitely try and return it or swap out the switches.

Thanks. I'll try to be patient with my Filco.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4269 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 09:06:00 »
is there a way in autohotkey to set up a macro to toggle the right mouse click?  When I am playing WoW almost 99% of the time I am in combat (raiding mostly) I have the right mouse button held down for circle strafing.  I want to be able to hit say Ctrl+right mouse click and toggle it on until I hit that key combo again or just a reg mouse click to turn it off.  Is this beyond the realm of what AHK can do? 

I don't have a clue how AHK cans or its capabilities. Hang out here, it seems like an easy question: How to toggle right click in AHK?

Offline Larken

« Reply #4270 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 09:23:50 »

I haven't played WoW for over a year, but try this.

^RButton::

hold:= Not hold   ; toggle hold flag

If hold

{

Click down    ; presses the right button

ToolTip Toggle ON

}

else

{

Click up      ; releases the right button

ToolTip Toggle OFF

}

return
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4271 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:35:55 »

I haven't played WoW for over a year, but try this.

^RButton::

hold:= Not hold   ; toggle hold flag

If hold

{

Click down    ; presses the right button

ToolTip Toggle ON

}

else

{

Click up      ; releases the right button

ToolTip Toggle OFF

}

return

will give that a shot

also quick question how do I get rid of the [/color] and get the last link in my signature to show the same color as the rest of my signature  here is what I have in that field

[color =#5CC3FF]Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.  [url =http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.0]My meat and cheese smoking guide[/url]
[url =http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43241.0][color =#5CC3FF]HD LED on my Das III
[ur l=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49028.0]Brushed Behemoth build log[/url]
[/color]

Added spaces in the coding to show the coding.  Do I just need to add the color one after the last [ hr]
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:38:53 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4272 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:41:37 »
If you want to put an LED on a board that doesn't have traces for it, it can be done but would be a huge pain for an entire board.  See the bottom link in my signature for how i did it to my costar Das.

wow the harddrive led is friken AWESOME!

the modification I had in mind is a lot simpler

You can't just turn switches around all willy nilly as you please. I see what you're saying with your image, but not only does the PCB have holes for the LED in a certain place, but the contacts for the switch itself are set on one side of the switch. So you're talking about having four different wires criss-crossing under this switch (two for the LED, and two for the switch itself).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4273 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:42:04 »
also quick question how do I get rid of the [/color] and get the last link in my signature to show the same color as the rest of my signature  here is what I have in that field

[color =#5CC3FF][/b]Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.  [url =http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.0]My meat and cheese smoking guide[/url]
[url =http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43241.0][color =#5CC3FF][/size]HD LED on my Das III
[ur l=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49028.0]Brushed Behemoth build log[/url]
[/color][/b]

Added spaces in the coding to show the coding.  Do I just need to add the color one after the last [ hr]

You have an open color and no closed color. So each [color] needs a matching [/color]. Either elminate one of the color codes or add another [/color]
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:58:26 by CPTBadAss »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4274 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:46:51 »
Code: [Select]
[color=#5CC3FF]Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.[/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.0]My meat and cheese smoking guide[/url][/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43241.0]HD LED on my Das III[/url][/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49028.0]Brushed Behemoth build log[/url][/color]
Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.
My meat and cheese smoking guide
HD LED on my Das III
Brushed Behemoth build log

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4275 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:56:15 »
Code: [Select]
[color=#5CC3FF]Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.[/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.0]My meat and cheese smoking guide[/url][/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43241.0]HD LED on my Das III[/url][/color][hr][color=#5CC3FF][url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49028.0]Brushed Behemoth build log[/url][/color]
Costar Das, Razer Orbweaver modded to clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.
My meat and cheese smoking guide
HD LED on my Das III
Brushed Behemoth build log

Excellent thanks guys

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4276 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 13:41:51 »
Are there any black on yellow or any color on yellow key sets besides the Tai Hao and Turtle set?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4277 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 13:44:04 »
Are there any black on yellow or any color on yellow key sets besides the Tai Hao and Turtle set?

Bumblebee from Keypop

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4278 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 13:51:05 »

school bus?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4279 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:47:20 »

Bumblebee from Keypop
Any other? Or anyplace I can buy a plain black on yellow keyset (Pref with tsangan) just not pad printed please.

school bus?

You smart-ass  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4280 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:49:56 »

Bumblebee from Keypop
Any other? Or anyplace I can buy a plain black on yellow keyset (Pref with tsangan) just not pad printed please.

Only set that springs to mind is the ones at EK which are pad printed and no Tsangan. You can always try looking at these vendors or searching Taobao. Or you can see what blank caps SP has for sale.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4281 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:51:04 »
I knew you'd say taht is why I added the pad printing comment. :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4282 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:51:52 »
I knew you'd say taht is why I added the pad printing comment. :P

If I knew more I wouldve said so before. That's all I got. Maybe someone else knows but I haven't seen many yellow themed sets besides TaiHao and Bumblebee.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4283 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:54:37 »

Bumblebee from Keypop

school bus?

You smart-ass  :p

I thought you wanted matching keys for the acrylic top your working on or something :p

And I don't know of any other sets with those colors that have been done either.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4284 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 00:13:55 »

There is a Filco set that is black on yellow.  Didn't know they exsisted until right now. Stock Filco caps so OEM profile and their font. Don't know where you can get them now. The ones Im holding were from the classifieds.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4285 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 01:58:46 »

There is a Filco set that is black on yellow.  Didn't know they exsisted until right now. Stock Filco caps so OEM profile and their font. Don't know where you can get them now. The ones Im holding were from the classifieds.

There was a place that was selling just the keycaps - someone sent me the link a year or so ago when I was searching for a set.

The only other way is buy a board and salvage the key caps (and maybe on-sell the board if anyone wants a keycap-less Filco).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline e4stw00t

« Reply #4286 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 05:37:18 »
Did run in a odd thing today. PC booted twice before actually making it to Windows. Thereafter my Filco didn't work anymore using the PS/2 port. It works instantly when I switch to USB though. I am aware that PS/2 isn't hot plugged but whenever I switch to the port the LEDs on my keyboard flash for a second or two, but still it's not working no matter what I tried so far (uninstalling the USB keyboard, rebooting connected to the PS/2 port). I can't get Windows to reinstall the PS/2 drivers from the device manager and it also doesn't work automatically after reboot. Kind of lost on that one.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #4287 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:16:57 »
Has anyone ever modified Cherry stabilizers to feel slightly less mushy?  Per this video:

How safe is this?  Is there any other way to do it?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4288 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:26:23 »
Has anyone ever modified Cherry stabilizers to feel slightly less mushy?  Per this video:

Works great for me. Have it on my KMAC. Love how it feels. No other way to do it and its honestly very simple.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4289 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:26:52 »
Where can I find the lubing topre thread?

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #4290 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:42:24 »

Works great for me. Have it on my KMAC. Love how it feels. No other way to do it and its honestly very simple.

Very reassuring words ^^ can't wait to do it on my FC700R and KMAC!!! Thank you!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4292 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 03:01:16 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4293 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 10:12:08 »
What kind of wire should I use for direct wiring?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4294 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 10:57:25 »

I always use telecom cross connect wire, because I have a 1000' spool of it. It's basically just 24AWG solid copper wire.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4295 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 18:41:42 »

I always use telecom cross connect wire, because I have a 1000' spool of it. It's basically just 24AWG solid copper wire.

like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1000-ROLL-1-PAIR-2-WIRE-CROSS-CONNECT-CABLE-24-AWG-SOLID-COPPER-GREEN-WHITE-/360408809251

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4296 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 19:39:46 »

like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1000-ROLL-1-PAIR-2-WIRE-CROSS-CONNECT-CABLE-24-AWG-SOLID-COPPER-GREEN-WHITE-/360408809251

Yes, that's the stuff. You actually get 2000' of wire, since it's twisted pair. :)

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4297 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 19:43:38 »

like this

Yes, that's the stuff. You actually get 2000' of wire, since it's twisted pair. :)

I wonder if anyone else would want some I could buy a spool and split it up.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4298 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 08:42:15 »
How do you turn on Num Lock on a SSK?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4299 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 08:43:17 »
How do you turn on Num Lock on a SSK?

Shift-ScrLk

in memoriam