Author Topic: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset - 4 WEEKS DELAY  (Read 765275 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset - 4 WEEKS DELAY
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:22:00 »
So glad that blue came out just like in the OP. /sarcasm

Show Image

C'mon JD, even you should know that mockups look a little different from the actual set.

It would have looked so much better with the original blue. But we can't always get what we want, now can we? :)

I agree.  The only reason I kept my order after the self implosion by Mito was the sheer amount of work done by you JD on this set.  I am really enjoying the full contour and even the shift keys being R3 don't actually really bother me that much. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:40:34 »
I just installed them onto my KUL ES-87 with clears, and I must say, I really, really like how the contoured SA feels. I'm going to sit my KMAC for a while and use this as my daily driver at home. I could get used to these, oh yes. I might just have to start another group buy for some of these contoured SA caps! Hmmm, now what colors should I choose...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 21:08:49 »
Is R5 contoured like these?

And JD its time for a GH themed SA buy. ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 21:48:15 »
Yes, 7bit's R5 should be the same contoured profile.

I think you're probably right, Ray. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 07:20:25 »
I really wanted to order this set when it went live, I was broke then (Still am), however the color is much lighter and slightly cyan than the mockups, and I'm happy that I didn't. However the praise for contoured SA has me intrigued.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 18:35:59 »
I am also absolutely loving the contoured SA profile! This is my first SA set and I'm glad I went with it.
Would anyone be willing to sell their red, green or orange "pulse" lightning bolt logo 1u keys? I did not buy the novelties set at the time but I really do like the pulse logo keys in the different colours.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #506 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 23:09:46 »
It would have looked so much better with the original blue. But we can't always get what we want, now can we? :)

The current shade of blue is ideal for late night typing with no light, except from a distant monitor, still can clearly see the keys which is what I want.  If the shade of blue went darker then it'll be harder to see what keys you're pressing (yes, I'm a max two key typist).

So many colour-ways now want to be so dark and even the text/numbers disappear in a darkened room.  Don't ask why I enjoy typing at night..........  8)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 07:30:49 »
Is R5 contoured like these?

And JD its time for a GH themed SA buy. ;)

Yes, 7bit's R5 should be the same contoured profile.

I think you're probably right, Ray. :)

Well, no flies on this man, he moves fast!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67446.0

If Matt3o launches Skull Squadron SA within the next month or two I'm a gonna need to sell something. All this SA goodness is bleeding me dry.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Data

« Reply #508 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 08:19:34 »
Work some overtime.   :D  :p

Offline anne

« Reply #509 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 15:09:30 »
*sigh* 1/10 and I've never received anything.  Time to email customer service again.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #510 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 15:40:23 »
If Matt3o launches Skull Squadron SA within the next month or two I'm a gonna need to sell something. All this SA goodness is bleeding me dry.

Where does he talk about this?
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #511 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:26:44 »
I'm not sure if this was answered already in this thread but I thought that these were supposed to have a semi-matte finish on the tops and sides of the keycaps? Mine are pretty much completely smooth. The sides especially. I suppose the tops are slightly different than the sides but they both seem smooth to me.

Are the main keys Gloss, Matte or Semi-Matte?

Are the bottom row mods in Gloss, Matte or Semi-Matte?

PuLSE will be totally manufactured with semi-matte top and sides finish.

Offline Data

« Reply #512 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:32:44 »
Finally uploaded some pics of Pulse on my Varmilo board.

A few more in the album here, plus my Raven and Warmaster from Hot Keys Project:  http://imgur.com/a/nKu4D

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #513 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 23:52:19 »
Finally uploaded some pics of Pulse on my Varmilo board.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A few more in the album here, plus my Raven and Warmaster from Hot Keys Project:  http://imgur.com/a/nKu4D

That looks awesome  :thumb:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:37:21 »

Not allowed to unless requested by my manager for a specific project...  :'(
I have to start my own company ASAP.  :mad:

@Data: Those pics are awesome! They show the set off very nicely. I think they'd be great for Matt3o's Keypuller site.

@DreaMagine: They are semi-matte. It's almost smooth and the tops will become smooth quite quickly with use, but IMHO it really suits the profile perfectly.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:48:02 »

Where does he talk about this?

He mentions it in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54334.msg1498112#msg1498112
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:48:34 »
double post...
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:50:36 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:49:47 »
triple post.... dang database errors...
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Data

« Reply #518 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 08:24:25 »

Not allowed to unless requested by my manager for a specific project...  :'(
I have to start my own company ASAP.  :mad:

@Data: Those pics are awesome! They show the set off very nicely. I think they'd be great for Matt3o's Keypuller site.

@DreaMagine: They are semi-matte. It's almost smooth and the tops will become smooth quite quickly with use, but IMHO it really suits the profile perfectly.

Thanks dude.  :)

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 09:03:10 »
Got it onto my Filco (no pics) with some fiddling, looks and feels great. Even though the tops are smooth, I didn't hate them as much as I normally hate smooth ABS caps. They somehow grip fine even with my oily touch.

They look great in daylight, very nice and bright.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #520 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 15:18:52 »
Got my PuLSE set installed on my new 60% (CTRL ALT 60 GoN PCB, Vortex case from Pexon, 62g trampoline modded Clears)... :)

87703-0

87705-1

87707-2
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Data

« Reply #521 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 18:44:53 »
^ Amazeballs.

Offline Hanni

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 12:19:17 »
It's really weird as the color camera is different from my eyesight. Cool set anyway, love SA profile (my first attempt at) :)

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:21:17 »
Here is my DS 3 with MX Browns and my PuLSE set that I purchased from FrostyLove

If anyone wants to sell me any of the extras from this set feel free to PM me  ;D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:24:27 »
Here is my DS 3 with MX Browns and my PuLSE set that I purchased from FrostyLove

Show Image

If anyone wants to sell me any of the extras from this set feel free to PM me  ;D

No Betty White?

in memoriam

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:48:14 »

Show Image

Dammit, now I want some dyesubs with those pictures on them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:49:02 »

Show Image

Dammit, now I want some dyesubs with those pictures on them.

imsto would be glad to make those i'm sure :D

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #527 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 16:27:22 »

Show Image

No Betty White?

Shes somewhere around, I very excited about receiving my keycaps. Been waiting forever for an SA Profile set (got into the game late).

Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for the Penumbra extras  :eek:

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #528 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 16:33:40 »
It's really weird as the color camera is different from my eyesight. Cool set anyway, love SA profile (my first attempt at) :)

Yeah, it seems like cameras just can't capture the actual neon blue color. All the photos I've seen look slightly softer and pastel-y than it appears to the eye.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 02:37:38 »

Show Image

No Betty White?

Shes somewhere around, I very excited about receiving my keycaps. Been waiting forever for an SA Profile set (got into the game late).

Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for the Penumbra extras  :eek:

Penumbra is well worth owning. ;) They have been my mainstay set on my work board (most of the alpha keys are shiny from use), I keep going back to them. I love typing on them and the colourway is fantastic.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline cpt.charisma

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 00:08:27 »
SA is my new favorite profile.  I really liked it on Nuclear Data, but the sculpted version is even better!

My camera is confused about the difference between red and pink, but here are some pics:

88046-0

88048-1
-===CC=-

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 03:44:15 »
I'm not sure if this was answered already in this thread but I thought that these were supposed to have a semi-matte finish on the tops and sides of the keycaps? Mine are pretty much completely smooth. The sides especially. I suppose the tops are slightly different than the sides but they both seem smooth to me.

Are the main keys Gloss, Matte or Semi-Matte?

Are the bottom row mods in Gloss, Matte or Semi-Matte?

PuLSE will be totally manufactured with semi-matte top and sides finish.

this IS semi-matte, even matte is not rough textured, just not glossy.

Offline anne

« Reply #532 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 16:14:14 »
I'm pretty heartbroken about not receiving this set.  :-(  No money.  No keycaps.  No recourse.  :-( 

In between the ordering and shipping dates, I got a new job, moved cross-country, updated my address with Signature Plastics, and forwarded my mail with the USPS.  SP shipped to the old address, USPS didn't catch it before delivery, the tracking number says it was delivered to my old apartment.  My old apartment complex says, "Gosh, we never saw a package for you and there's nothing there now!"  (Noone else had moved in yet.)

Paypal won't refund because it was "delivered."  USPS rejected the claim because it was "delivered" (-- surprise, mail forwarding orders don't give you much protection!)  SP didn't receive it "returned to sender" and obviously wouldn't be able to recast a set just for me.  Noone's really in the wrong, it just... sucks... a lot... for me.

It's almost worse that whoever stole it probably wouldn't get any use out of it (or even realize that it was a relatively high-value item, "Plastic keys? what the heck is this?").  Oh well, if you guys ever see a random non-poster from NJ selling a set, there's a good chance it started out as mine.  I guess that would be better than it ending up in the trash.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #533 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 17:12:00 »
I'm pretty heartbroken about not receiving this set.  :-(  No money.  No keycaps.  No recourse.  :-( 

In between the ordering and shipping dates, I got a new job, moved cross-country, updated my address with Signature Plastics, and forwarded my mail with the USPS.  SP shipped to the old address, USPS didn't catch it before delivery, the tracking number says it was delivered to my old apartment.  My old apartment complex says, "Gosh, we never saw a package for you and there's nothing there now!"  (Noone else had moved in yet.)

Paypal won't refund because it was "delivered."  USPS rejected the claim because it was "delivered" (-- surprise, mail forwarding orders don't give you much protection!)  SP didn't receive it "returned to sender" and obviously wouldn't be able to recast a set just for me.  Noone's really in the wrong, it just... sucks... a lot... for me.

It's almost worse that whoever stole it probably wouldn't get any use out of it (or even realize that it was a relatively high-value item, "Plastic keys? what the heck is this?").  Oh well, if you guys ever see a random non-poster from NJ selling a set, there's a good chance it started out as mine.  I guess that would be better than it ending up in the trash.

That really sucks :(

That's the problem with such a slow turnaround time with not just SP, but long group buys in general. I hope the set makes it to you some way or another eventually.

Offline anne

« Reply #534 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:50:20 »
Thank you Heliosphere... and I just wanted to pop back in here to say that Melissa from Signature Plastics is hooking me up.  It's lovely and unexpected, especially since they are not required to do anything about the situation.  I really appreciate that they're going above and beyond for customer service.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:55:15 »
Thank you Heliosphere... and I just wanted to pop back in here to say that Melissa from Signature Plastics is hooking me up.  It's lovely and unexpected, especially since they are not required to do anything about the situation.  I really appreciate that they're going above and beyond for customer service.

Awesome news!

SP really does have excellent customer service. They never fail to impress me.

in memoriam

Offline Data

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:43:14 »
Wow, that is... above and beyond. Melissa is a friggin hero.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #537 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 00:04:21 »

That's awesome! Melissa to the rescue!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #538 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:43:28 »

That is really cool to hear. Good on SP for having great customer service!

Offline m1ngz

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:19:18 »
if anyone is parting this beauty pls let me know  :-[

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:20:44 »

Might be too late but this guy is selling a set: http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/2u437s/wts_more_clearing_out_sale_stuff_pulse_bro_set/

Offline m1ngz

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 23:26:24 »

Might be too late but this guy is selling a set: http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/2u437s/wts_more_clearing_out_sale_stuff_pulse_bro_set/

:eek: thanks for the heads up... pm-ed him   :thumb:

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #542 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 06:45:09 »
If anyone wants to sell their F-row stripe, holla at me! K thx tyvm

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #543 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 03:14:02 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 19:18:16 by jackalope »
eh o well

Offline malaik0

« Reply #544 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 14:02:12 »
where i can buy this keyset?  :(

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #545 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 15:53:21 »

Unfortunately there was and will only be a single production run of this set. The only way to get it now is to buy it second-hand from someone who participated in the group buy. You can check /r/mechmarket to see if there is anyone selling their set.

Offline E3E

« Reply #546 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 18:34:58 »

Unfortunately there was and will only be a single production run of this set. The only way to get it now is to buy it second-hand from someone who participated in the group buy. You can check /r/mechmarket to see if there is anyone selling their set.

And be prepared to pay outrageous prices!

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #547 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:07:39 »
who have extra pulse NOVELTIES sets. i really like them
Colonel or Ogre

Offline ithrowthinqs

« Reply #548 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 14:20:31 »
What's the going price on these now?

Offline hebbler

« Reply #549 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 14:56:08 »
Looks like there is a full set, plus the novelties for sale on eBay.  It's bid up to $640 at the moment, and still has a couple of days let.