Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1221102 times)

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #950 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:40:10 »
I'm sure this has been answered or it's very obvious, but is there a guide on assembling this?
Zealio Master Race

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #951 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:42:47 »
I'm sure this has been answered or it's very obvious, but is there a guide on assembling this?

I don't believe so, it's just standard procedure for assembling every board. It's also a big help that the all the SMD parts come pre-soldered. If you're having trouble building I suggest you take look some member's build logs, that's how I learned to build my first board. :thumb:

Edit: Oops I think you may mean the case itself and not the board, if so there so there are no instructions listed for that.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:55:22 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #952 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:53:11 »

It's fairly straight forward when you get the board.  When I had my flat acrylic plate there weren't enough small screws in a single pack.  The packs you get for the bottom housing consist of 4 long screws, 4 small screws, 10 plate screws, and rubber feet.  Maybe the second shipment will address this.

Offline slushi

« Reply #953 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:56:23 »
Just a quick question as I've been following this thread quite a bit. Am I correct in assuming that there is no ETA for the second set of shipments? Just wondering.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #954 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:23:41 »

It's fairly straight forward when you get the board.  When I had my flat acrylic plate there weren't enough small screws in a single pack.  The packs you get for the bottom housing consist of 4 long screws, 4 small screws, 10 plate screws, and rubber feet.  Maybe the second shipment will address this.

What about a guide for the firmware?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #955 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:25:47 »
Just a quick question as I've been following this thread quite a bit. Am I correct in assuming that there is no ETA for the second set of shipments? Just wondering.

If I'm not mistaken Elton said it should be an additional month after the first 30 are shipped.

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #956 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:32:47 »

I don't believe so, it's just standard procedure for assembling every board. It's also a big help that the all the SMD parts come pre-soldered. If you're having trouble building I suggest you take look some member's build logs, that's how I learned to build my first board. :thumb:

Edit: Oops I think you may mean the case itself and not the board, if so there so there are no instructions listed for that.

lol yeah, I meant the case. I've done SMD soldering before and it's not that bad. I guess I'll look harder at it when I get my switches and stabs.
Zealio Master Race

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #957 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:33:40 »

lol yeah, I meant the case. I've done SMD soldering before and it's not that bad. I guess I'll look harder at it when I get my switches and stabs.

ooh reminds me I need to pick up lube and led's...

Offline filphil

« Reply #958 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:52:53 »

What about a guide for the firmware?

http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

Offline slushi

« Reply #959 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:02:36 »
If I'm not mistaken Elton said it should be an additional month after the first 30 are shipped.

Oh I thought that only applied to those who were in the first 30 but didn't get into the original shipment.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #960 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:11:23 »

Oh I thought that only applied to those who were in the first 30 but didn't get into the original shipment.

The first 30 will be shipped soon. The rest will follow after a few weeks.

Tracking #s are updated for some..  Due to some problems manufacturing the acrylic angled bottom casings, there weren't many available to ship hence the mixed of order in shipping. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jrMbDe35hC3IshgaSnp90YyeR8AT3GJw1ozidWtn4qQ/pubhtml?gid=702353801&single=true

It's about another month for the rest to be ready to ship.

I assumed by "others" he means the rest of the orders but I'm not quite sure. Either way it seems like it's going to be around 3-4 weeks.

Offline slushi

« Reply #961 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:24:47 »
True true. :) thanks for entertaining my anxiousness.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #962 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:47:10 »

Instructions
Assembly
Except for the Switches and in Switch Leds/SIPs there is no soldering you have to do. The Assembly couldnt be more straight forwards:

1. Install stabs on pcb
2. Solder Switches and LEDs
3. Screw Plate PCB combo onto the top cover with 8 round head screws (put top cover upside down)
4. Put the two acrylic inserts into place (after removing the protective film)
5. Put Top cover into place on top of the bottom one with acrylic inserts inbetween
6. Flip upside down and screw together (4 small flat screws 4 very long cylindrical screws for the angled bottoms, 8 flat screws for the flat acrylic bottom)
7. Turn upside down and you are finished ;)

Firmware
For the firmware its a bit more work..
I got most of the information from this guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Q2mepcAlZnWmx5V1d2QmZqZGs/view

1. Download the follwing files
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfu-programmer/files/dfu-programmer/0.7.0/
    https://gallery.atmel.com/Products/Details/6272a8fd-68fe-43d8-a990-741878cfe7b6 (sadly you will have to register for it  >:D)
    http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

2. Install the amtel usb driver
3. put the o2d mapper into the folder of the dfu programmer
4. Start up the o2dmapper and map your stuff
5. save your hex and rename it (long names make it crash)
6. disconnect your Orion V2
7. hold backspace and reconnect your v2
8. in the firmware upload popup click connect and upload your firmware
9. you are good to go! have fun with this amazing keyboard

These are not proper official instructions, but rather a sum up of how I assembled my Orion and updated the firmware. Please be careful when handeling your device and don't make me responsible for any damage that occurs.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:51:25 by kacase »
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #963 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 04:14:27 »
Thanks for the write-up

Does it come flashed with basic firmware?

Offline filphil

« Reply #964 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 05:05:29 »
Thanks for the write-up

Yep. You should be happily typing after your switches are soldered.

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #965 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 07:40:39 »
Thanks for the write-up

Yep. You should be happily typing after your switches are soldered.

Perfect, thanks

Offline CyriusG

« Reply #966 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 13:10:01 »
My keyboard arrived today. Must be the heftiest keyboard I've every used, I was not prepared for how much it weighed. Thank you very much for the GB, Elton.

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #967 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:17:31 »
waiting for the next 30  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #968 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:20:56 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #969 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:22:21 »
waiting for the next 30  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

yes patiently

Perfection takes time, time that I don't have the patience to wait for. :p

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #970 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 16:09:54 »
Question for anyone with an ALPs Orion v2!

To the best of my knowledge I have assembled my Orion correctly, and when I plug it in, all the LEDs come online but I can't get it to type. Are there any additional steps to getting the ALPs PCB working?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #971 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:38:01 »

To the best of my knowledge I have assembled my Orion correctly, and when I plug it in, all the LEDs come online but I can't get it to type. Are there any additional steps to getting the ALPs PCB working?

I got the same problem.  I'm waiting on leeku's reply on how to keymap (program) it.

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #972 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:56:13 »

Sadly I don't have the Alps board but you could try the following.
Disconnect your orion.
Hold Backspace and plug it back in.
The LEDs should not come on this time, and you should be able to flash the firmware.

Maybe tell us at which step it is not going as it should be.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline elton5354

« Reply #973 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:03:34 »

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw

Here are the instructions.

Offline blighty

« Reply #974 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:07:17 »
LEDs fully lit:

116798-0

I hope everyone gets their build issues sorted quickly so they can enjoy this nice piece of kit.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline E3E

« Reply #975 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:52:24 »
LEDs fully lit:

(Attachment Link)

I hope everyone gets their build issues sorted quickly so they can enjoy this nice piece of kit.

Looks like a board from the underworld  >:D

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:16:54 »
 :'( im dying here I want mine already

tbh I always wanted some unicorn led vomit.

Offline blighty

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:03:03 »
LEDs fully lit:

(Attachment Link)

Looks like a board from the underworld  >:D

Ha!  I'm hoping to raise a little hell in Fallout 4 come midnight on it.  :)
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:10:14 »

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw

Here are the instructions.

Thanks elton, this got it working!

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #979 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:20:55 »
I saw a lot of people on KBDlab having Brass inserts for their Orion V2. Were they not a part of our Version or am I the only one who doesnt have one?

Offline filphil

« Reply #980 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:44:38 »
I saw a lot of people on KBDlab having Brass inserts for their Orion V2. Were they not a part of our Version or am I the only one who doesnt have one?

I think those were custom cut. I approached some local shops to have them cut me inserts but  they won't do a one off for a small price. 

If anyone has access or  the facilities to get one cutting done here is the drawing for the insert.

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=3088888&mid=board_housing

Offline R1N3

« Reply #981 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:04:51 »

I think those were custom cut. I approached some local shops to have them cut me inserts but  they won't do a one off for a small price. 

If anyone has access or  the facilities to get one cutting done here is the drawing for the insert.

I might have someone. She and I aren't on really good terms atm but I'll talk to her about it. Is solid brass what people want?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #982 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:23:45 »

I might have someone. She and I aren't on really good terms atm but I'll talk to her about it. Is solid brass what people want?

I'd be interested in solid brass plate, I don't have my board yet so do the cases already have been cutout for a brass plate and just no brass plate was provided?
Edit: Oops messed up quoting. :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:36:36 by Steezus »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #983 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:24:20 »

yeah solid the heavier the better kinda thing

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #984 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:26:10 »

How much would such a thing run us?
Zealio Master Race

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #985 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:05:30 »
I'd be interested in a brass also.

I also would be interested in some side acrylic inserts, if someone know where/how to get/make them.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline R1N3

« Reply #986 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:56:16 »
Currently waiting on a response. I'll let you guys know when/if I get one  :thumb:

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #987 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:10:35 »
if you guys want, I can also contact a local milling shop. How many of you would be interested in the brass inserts?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #988 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:14:04 »
if you guys want, I can also contact a local milling shop. How many of you would be interested in the brass inserts?

is the alu bottom the only one which works with brass?  I'm guessing that's the case

Offline filphil

« Reply #989 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:43:46 »
Interested in any goodies you guys have for the orion being made up.  :thumb:

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #990 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 20:06:07 »
Interested in brass insert depending on price/shipping.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #991 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 20:50:20 »
Interested in brass insert depending on price/shipping.

Same
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #992 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 23:19:08 »

is the alu bottom the only one which works with brass?  I'm guessing that's the case

As far as I'm aware, yes, but I haven't seen the angled acrylic bottom, maybe that one works too...
Zealio Master Race

Offline Doobalicious

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 00:59:57 »
Just throwing a line out to say if anyone for some reason wants to let go of theirs, shoot me a message. :thumb:

Offline Prankk

« Reply #994 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:24:53 »
Halfway through soldering. Run out of solder. >:D >:D >:D Will post pics when I finish it up tomorrow.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #995 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 08:58:53 »
Interested in a brass insert
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #996 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:09:17 »
Zealio Master Race

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #997 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:30:39 »
http://imgur.com/a/BTXEC

photos

Very nice, how come you decided to go without any in-switch LEDs? Usually people like to make sure their Orions can be seen from outer space. :p

Offline filphil

« Reply #998 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:00:24 »
http://imgur.com/a/BTXEC

photos

The plastic plate feels great on the hands.  Nice Orion!

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #999 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:33:13 »
Very nice, how come you decided to go without any in-switch LEDs? Usually people like to make sure their Orions can be seen from outer space. :p

lol, I'm not one for in-switch LEDs. never really got into them.  maybe I can add some later. I just want to make sure everything's the way I want it, because it's a little harder to get the switches out with LEDs in them.

The plastic plate feels great on the hands.  Nice Orion!

yeah, the plastic plate is nice... only complaint being that it was too bendable, it was difficult to get the switches into it.

on an unrelated  note, anyone know how I can make all of the 5 LEDs stay lit?
Zealio Master Race