Author Topic: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful  (Read 77517 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:12:17 »
I wonder who will be the first Geekhacker to buy and post a pic here.....

I would love to be in that position.  Unfortunately IF the keyboard is available in Australia and IF I can afford it, it will probably be months after everyone else has theirs :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mrklaw

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 15:02:19 »
My daughter flipped out when she saw that video. She instantly changed from being in love with my Ducky Zero Shine to disappointed I didn't get a Shine 3
Ducky Zero with DSA Dolch and SA Vim key

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 15:12:53 »

I would love to be in that position.  Unfortunately IF the keyboard is available in Australia and IF I can afford it, it will probably be months after everyone else has theirs :(

It's good to see you plan on getting one though :P Unlike me... I don't think I will, as much I like it.

My daughter flipped out when she saw that video. She instantly changed from being in love with my Ducky Zero Shine to disappointed I didn't get a Shine 3

:)) It looks like you're going to be an extra $150 or so out of pocket in the near future???

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:01:39 »

It's good to see you plan on getting one though :P Unlike me... I don't think I will, as much I like it.

I'd like to - yes I really do like yellow

The only thing that puts me off is the lack of, say, black legends.  A lot of my typing tends to be a few characters here, a few characters there, and I tend to glance at the keyboard to hit the right few characters.  It is rare that I actually type for an extended period.

This is based on someone's comment that the keycaps are engraved, but watching the video again are they the usual Ducky backlight-friendly transparent legend keycaps?

Also I wonder whether those yellow keycaps themselves will be available separately?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:22:39 »

The only thing that puts me off is the lack of, say, black legends.  A lot of my typing tends to be a few characters here, a few characters there, and I tend to glance at the keyboard to hit the right few characters.  It is rare that I actually type for an extended period.

This is based on someone's comment that the keycaps are engraved, but watching the video again are they the usual Ducky backlight-friendly transparent legend keycaps?

Also I wonder whether those yellow keycaps themselves will be available separately?

Rowdy... you have no excuse anymore... other than money... bc your problem has been solved...bc this just came up:

I MUST SEE THESE ON THAT DUCKY.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:24:51 »
Different shade of yellow, I think.  Ducky yellow looks more gold, with some orange undertones.  Why mess with all that yellow-ness!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:32:38 »
Different shade of yellow, I think.  Ducky yellow looks more gold, with some orange undertones.  Why mess with all that yellow-ness!

I agree with you, but Rowdy might prefer some legends :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:54:20 »

Rowdy... you have no excuse anymore... other than money... bc your problem has been solved...bc this just came up:

Show Image

I MUST SEE THESE ON THAT DUCKY.

My BumbleBee set is in the post as we speak.

But these are not backlight-friendly.  And the modifiers are black (well, dark gray).

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 22:19:09 »
Me.

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:32:18 »
It looks like a banana. I wanna eat it, not type with it.

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline Defying

• (suffer on)
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:35:36 »
I think this is the keyboards that OMG has. Ducky probably gave them samples. Looks good  :p

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:59:31 »
It looks beautiful. I'd love to buy this if it's available.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 11:18:47 »
I think this is the keyboards that OMG has. Ducky probably gave them samples. Looks good  :p

Wrong. They had a black case, not yellow.

Offline 9-bit

• Looking for blank white keycaps
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 13:02:38 »
I love it I just can't get behind any keyboard that isn't tenkeyless, I don't know why...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 14:05:57 »
Me.

DO EET. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how many people on GH actually get this.

It looks like a banana. I wanna eat it, not type with it.

First thing that came across my mind too :))

It looks beautiful. I'd love to buy this if it's available.

It should definitely come available. You should definitely get it! I know I probably won't get it so I just want to see other members get it and post beautiful pictures and videos :))

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 16:49:21 »

Are you sure you actually watch LoL? Team OMG had yellow cased Ducky keyboards.

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:04:16 »

Show Image

They're nice!  I could pair those with my Filco yellow keycaps :)

Offline genkidama

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 08:30:43 »

Show Image

Oh wow this looks georgous as well. The black keycaps fit really nice to the yellow case.
Damn I'll be happy getting a ducky myself. Still waiting for availibilty.

If someone gets the yellow ducky, post pics pics pics pics and videos.  :p
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline ZeodoHokill

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 08:53:12 »
Cool lighting effect, thanks for your share :thumb:

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 15:22:25 »
Yellow ducky case + Bumble bee set  :eek:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 15:43:28 »

Show Image

I just got it the wrong way around, chill the **** down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:20:52 »
Yellow ducky case + Bumble bee set  :eek:

BB would only detract from the glorious yellowness!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:10:22 »
You're the one that needs chilling.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:45:29 »

Show Image

Chill the **** down.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:46:39 »
Everyone chill down and watch the pretty yellow video again.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:04:13 »

Everyone listen to Rowdy. He's pretty much the church of Halverson pope, Australian chapter.

It's weird....when I see cool yellow things, I think of him now.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:07:44 »

Everyone listen to Rowdy. He's pretty much the church of Halverson pope, Australian chapter.

Wow I see how it is, I'm not a cool yellow thing.
I love Elzy

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:09:29 »

EVERYBODY CRANK DOWN

CHILL THE **** DOWN

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:10:25 »
Yeah give him a break, I'd be a little rumbled if I got rekt that hard as well.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:22:56 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:24:15 »

I am deeply honoured!

I shall endeavour to live up to the responsibility of this position, and to construct a small shrine to the Church of Halverson.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 03:15:33 »
I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but the yellow keyboard would be available with either White or Clear switch, I made a reservation with the local distributer for one as well.....he knows that either would be available, just not sure whether it'd be White or Clear (do remember that here in Asia, the term 'White' is often used instead of Clear).

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 03:19:28 »
I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but the yellow keyboard would be available with either White or Clear switch, I made a reservation with the local distributer for one as well.....he knows that either would be available, just not sure whether it'd be White or Clear (do remember that here in Asia, the term 'White' is often used instead of Clear).

Thank you letting us know! I'm pretty sure it's Clears because Ducky has referred to their Cherry MX Clears as Whites before. I also don't believe they've released any Cherry MX White keyboards, while they've released a few Clears before already. Thanks again for the update!

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 03:29:36 »
Thank you letting us know! I'm pretty sure it's Clears because Ducky has referred to their Cherry MX Clears as Whites before. I also don't believe they've released any Cherry MX White keyboards, while they've released a few Clears before already. Thanks again for the update!
Yep, come to think of it, the DK9008G2 Pro had 'Whites' which was actually Clears. I don't mind Clears actually, the distributer did warn me that it'd be in very limited quantity though, hence my going to him today to personally reserve one.....he' was allotted only six of these boards.

Offline Jvx104

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 04:33:46 »
I really like that slow reactive effect, just wish that shine 2 reactive would be slower so I could actually use it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 04:44:25 »
I'll be surprised if these end up available in Australia.

There is even no sign of Shine 3 TKL yet.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 04:45:50 »

Australia is just kinda isolated from the rest of the world

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 05:07:00 »

Australia is just kinda isolated from the rest of the world

Tell me about it!

But there are a couple of things we have that no-where else seems to have, like white Ducky Shine keycaps, certain older Leopolds, and retail Vortex DS keycap sets.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 05:11:09 »
And here I thought Australia is getting more of korean/taiwanese keyboards as it's closer than Europe is for example. And I think a lot of the firms are located somewhere in asia, aren't they?
I'm still waiting for availibilty of the Shine 3 here and not the TKL but the fullsized version.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline brialona

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:41:34 »
im down for this
ozil

Offline babyface

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:53:42 »

PCCG confirmed tkl shine 3 eta is mid november. And can I get a link to vortex ds sets?
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:58:17 »

PCCG confirmed tkl shine 3 eta is mid november. And can I get a link to vortex ds sets?

Not listed yet though, they usually list things about 2 months in advance.  I'm wondering if they'll get any of the yellow Duckies in.

Vortex: http://www.mechkb.com/products/assessories/vortex-double-shot-pbt-key-caps.html

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 02:04:56 »
Ok let's get Rowdy one of these boards. I'll pitch $25. With a few people, the yellow king will have the board of pure yellow!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 02:25:32 »
Ok let's get Rowdy one of these boards. I'll pitch $25. With a few people, the yellow king will have the board of pure yellow!

Wow!  That would be fantastic! :) :-* ;D

But I won't hold you to it - we don't know retail price of them, and there is the silly shipping to Australia on top of it.  I'm just hoping PCCG will have a few so I can get one locally.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 14:14:49 »

But I won't hold you to it - we don't know retail price of them, and there is the silly shipping to Australia on top of it.  I'm just hoping PCCG will have a few so I can get one locally.

Looking at heavy-arm.com, a Malaysian supplier, they are selling them for about $180 USD (530 RM) with a projected arrival date of December 31st. Apparently two months ago, twenty were released in Malaysia in a limited edition release.
Now if only they'd make a white version..
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:15:33 by Linkbane »
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline lilky

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 14:19:55 »
Personally I'm not a big fan of the look. Too much of 1 color. Different keycaps on the yellow body might look nice, however.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 14:37:42 »
Personally I'm not a big fan of the look. Too much of 1 color. Different keycaps on the yellow body might look nice, however.

But it would be pointless having different colors on yellow, it's a theme! In that case (NPI), might as well just get a black or white case.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 16:58:20 »

Looking at heavyarm.com, a Malaysian supplier, they are selling them for about $180 USD (530 RM) with a projected arrival date of December 31st. Apparently two months ago, twenty were released in Malaysia in a limited edition release.
Now if only they'd make a white version..

I'm assuming heavyarm.com is not their web site, as that links to a parked domain.

Offline MechManUK

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:06:36 »
Ducky 9008 Shine 2 MX Red, Ducky 9087 Shine 3 MX Black, Poker II MX Blues, Ducky YOTS Brown MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:13:48 »
Thanks for that.

They only show the full size version though.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:15:16 »