Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1397898 times)

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(lclosed)
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:51:32 »
Paid.

So this will be shipped from within Europe to Germany?

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:10:32 »

a) There was no indication whether the ErgoDox kit would come with alphas or not, since you left that up for a later decision based on the interested parties
b) The base and the alphas sets are totally different colors, and I (and I think everyone else, based on the mockups) would want the base colors for the alphas
c) A restricted alphas set for the ErgoDox people could theoretically be cheaper than the current alphas set since a lot of the keys wouldn't be needed, which would offset the cost of the new keys/legends
d) I don't generally buy things before I'm told the price

I would like a complete set for my ErgoDox as the other parts i ordered are destined for my Das Keyboard.
Also the details about the cable are missing and as I am new to geekhack and this groupbuy stuff I am wondering if the cable will fit the ErgoDox and by the way the ErgoDox has two cables  ;)
Please tell me if I need to use this 9 hours window to order another base or alphas to have a complete set for the ErgoDox or if I can wait and see if the ErgoDox set will have all keys to outfit a ErgoDox.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #452 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:28:38 »
Yes, but I (and probably others) did not buy the base Penumbra set because of waiting on the ErgoDox stuff to get figured out (much less whether it would end up happening at all).

It would be nice if, when the ErgoDox bits are sorted out, we get a choice of the normal alphas set or blanks.

i have put the standard set up for order for a few more hours today, you and everyone else has had a month already if you wanted to order, and i have confirmed for a couple weeks we will add a dox kit

Yes, you confirmed that a dox kit would be added, but:

a) There was no indication whether the ErgoDox kit would come with alphas or not, since you left that up for a later decision based on the interested parties
b) The base and the alphas sets are totally different colors, and I (and I think everyone else, based on the mockups) would want the base colors for the alphas
c) A restricted alphas set for the ErgoDox people could theoretically be cheaper than the current alphas set since a lot of the keys wouldn't be needed, which would offset the cost of the new keys/legends

Not trying to be difficult, but the ED people were told to wait and see, and now that the ED stuff is in the process of getting sorted out, please do not fault us for waiting as we were asked...

sorry if i didnt make it clear before, my intention was that i would make an ergodox add on for people who wanted to take part in this gb, but wanted an option to also be able to use it on the ergodox

to be clear, i am not opening an ergodox groupbuy here, because of a very vocal minority, i agreed to make an ergodox extension kit, this kit will be open for people with pre existing orders with this groupbuy

in case that wasnt clear before, i have opened up orders again on the gb for today only

as for the price of the kit, i cant get a price on it until we have the number of people interested and until we agree upon a kit, i have sent some of the mockups for a quote today, anyone interested in the ergodox kits will pay whatever the number of kits cost, divided by the number of people who would like to buy

i should have some figures in the next 24 hours or so, just waiting on SP to reply

the ergodox kit itself, will be an extension kit, so it will not be a complete ergodox keyset without other parts of the group buy, in the same way the tsangan (or winkeyless) add on doesnt include a full set of alphas, if you want to cover yourself, pop in an order for either the base set or the alt alpha set, you can always cancel your order prior to paying the invoice if you arent happy with what the final ergodox set it

when it comes to the ergodox kit, we are hitting such low numbers, that if we included a full set of alphas with it, the cost wouldnt be justifiable to anyone

as stated before, there just isnt the demand here on gh, massdrop has the installed ergodox userbase, and im not running these gbs to make as many sets as humanly possible, i run them to give people on geekhack more options
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #453 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:35:01 »

I would like a complete set for my ErgoDox as the other parts i ordered are destined for my Das Keyboard.
Also the details about the cable are missing and as I am new to geekhack and this groupbuy stuff I am wondering if the cable will fit the ErgoDox and by the way the ErgoDox has two cables  ;)
Please tell me if I need to use this 9 hours window to order another base or alphas to have a complete set for the ErgoDox or if I can wait and see if the ErgoDox set will have all keys to outfit a ErgoDox.

sorry missed some question, the cable will work with your ergodox, i know the ergodox has 2 cables, the set doesnt include the cable that links the 2 ergodox parts together, but does include the mini usb cable to connect the dox to your computer, the cable is 6ft long, usb to mini b, with parachord sleeving, it is being made by theflyingracoon

Offline jefferai

« Reply #454 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:52:32 »
Yes, but I (and probably others) did not buy the base Penumbra set because of waiting on the ErgoDox stuff to get figured out (much less whether it would end up happening at all).

It would be nice if, when the ErgoDox bits are sorted out, we get a choice of the normal alphas set or blanks.

i have put the standard set up for order for a few more hours today, you and everyone else has had a month already if you wanted to order, and i have confirmed for a couple weeks we will add a dox kit

Not trying to be difficult, but the ED people were told to wait and see, and now that the ED stuff is in the process of getting sorted out, please do not fault us for waiting as we were asked...

sorry if i didnt make it clear before, my intention was that i would make an ergodox add on for people who wanted to take part in this gb, but wanted an option to also be able to use it on the ergodox

to be clear, i am not opening an ergodox groupbuy here, because of a very vocal minority, i agreed to make an ergodox extension kit, this kit will be open for people with pre existing orders with this groupbuy

in case that wasnt clear before, i have opened up orders again on the gb for today only

as for the price of the kit, i cant get a price on it until we have the number of people interested and until we agree upon a kit, i have sent some of the mockups for a quote today, anyone interested in the ergodox kits will pay whatever the number of kits cost, divided by the number of people who would like to buy

i should have some figures in the next 24 hours or so, just waiting on SP to reply

the ergodox kit itself, will be an extension kit, so it will not be a complete ergodox keyset without other parts of the group buy, in the same way the tsangan (or winkeyless) add on doesnt include a full set of alphas, if you want to cover yourself, pop in an order for either the base set or the alt alpha set, you can always cancel your order prior to paying the invoice if you arent happy with what the final ergodox set it

when it comes to the ergodox kit, we are hitting such low numbers, that if we included a full set of alphas with it, the cost wouldnt be justifiable to anyone

as stated before, there just isnt the demand here on gh, massdrop has the installed ergodox userbase, and im not running these gbs to make as many sets as humanly possible, i run them to give people on geekhack more options

Okay...sorry that I misunderstood before. Since there had been talks of blanks or not I thought that the alphas for the ED users were a separate thing.

I'll get in on the GB and if the final set/price isn't something I like I'll cancel.

Can you confirm that the colors on the ordering site are correct...the alphas set is a different color than the alphas in the base set? With all the talk of how much pricier the ED option will be I like the price of the alphas set but hate the color :-)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #455 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:54:39 »

Okay...sorry that I misunderstood before. Since there had been talks of blanks or not I thought that the alphas for the ED users were a separate thing.

I'll get in on the GB and if the final set/price isn't something I like I'll cancel.

Can you confirm that the colors on the ordering site are correct...the alphas set is a different color than the alphas in the base set? With all the talk of how much pricier the ED option will be I like the price of the alphas set but hate the color :-)

yeah they are indeed different, there was a vote and more epople wanted the penumbra colours, but we included the extra alphas in case people wanted to make it more solarized

i wont invoice you for you order until we have confirmed the pricing and the final ergodox kit good sir

very sorry about any confusion caused

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
« Reply #456 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:01:51 »
Please answer my question :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #457 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:02:44 »
Please answer my question :)

sorry working through stuff, yes german order will be shipped from within the EU, the UK to be more specific

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #458 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:13:42 »
Paid per the wifey.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:15:03 »
Thank you for confirmation!

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:20:58 »
I don't get that part. Why does it drive the cost up if you offer for example 3 versions of the ErgoDox kit?

• Alphas and modifiers for ErgoDox
  • Solarized aphas and modifiers for ErgoDox
  • modifiers for ErgoDox only

I had the impression that only the new modifiers will drive the costs up and the alphas and solarized alphas will get cheaper because more of the same keys get ordered. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to this groupbuy stuff and still try to wrap my head around the details.

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #461 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:24:04 »
my interest is not in making lots of sets, but in providing geekhack with the sets they want, and massdrop isnt part of that, however, i think we can make those colour code mods happen with this buy

i will be contacting sp for quotes later today

could we start getting an informal list going of people who want to buy the dox addon, so i have an idea of numbers

Thanks! :)

If accents happen I am willing to buy 2 sets to make it slightly cheaper for everyone else. If blanks, I'm still in for 1 set.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:27:35 »
I don't get that part. Why does it drive the cost up if you offer for example 3 versions of the ErgoDox kit?

I had the impression that only the new modifiers will drive the costs up and the alphas and solarized alphas will get cheaper because more of the same keys get ordered. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to this groupbuy stuff and still try to wrap my head around the details.

the less orders you have for something, the more expensive it is, anything below 25 orders, is very pricey, and the more keys you add the more expensive it is, we wont even get close to 25 ergodox orders, and splitting that order up even further is not an option

what will be offered is an extension kit for to make either the base or alpha set already on offer compatible with an ergodox

once again, this isnt an ergodox groupbuy, i offered an ergodox set before and it ended up costing me a fortune, so i left it otu from this buy, this is just me trying to accommodate the few users who requested it, this is not me trying to set up a buy specifically for the ergodox

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:28:35 »
my interest is not in making lots of sets, but in providing geekhack with the sets they want, and massdrop isnt part of that, however, i think we can make those colour code mods happen with this buy

could we start getting an informal list going of people who want to buy the dox addon, so i have an idea of numbers

If accents happen I am willing to buy 2 sets to make it slightly cheaper for everyone else. If blanks, I'm still in for 1 set.

im cureently leaning towards the 3rd of the last 3 mockups, with the accent colours on the colour codes, i think that is very cool and inkeeping with the theme, i have requested a quote on it

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:43:36 »
im cureently leaning towards the 3rd of the last 3 mockups, with the accent colours on the colour codes, i think that is very cool and inkeeping with the theme, i have requested a quote on it

Yeah, in total agreement. It's clever, it's symmetrical, and it retains the solarized charm for me.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #465 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:00:56 »

Yeah, in total agreement. It's clever, it's symmetrical, and it retains the solarized charm for me.

This.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:17:36 »
As requested, officially expressing my interest in ErgoDox kit and would buy if around $40

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:32:04 »

If you're referring to the half color table mod set.  I'd agree that's where I'd be leaning toward for an ED add-on set.  All the ErgoDox talk has me wanting a board now.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 10:12:46 »
Small correction to current mockup. The legend on the blue is incorrect.

The blue should be 268BD2, not 268DB2

Here is the corrected version of mockup #3:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/032a8e43d1b0098e1fdc9569988c9678

Also, trying to avoid working, so here's a Roy G Biv version for no particular reason :)
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/57bba2e8650130c82454b79bdc178d30

Offline jefferai

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:18:50 »
As requested, officially expressing my interest in ErgoDox kit and would buy if around $40

$40. Tee hee.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:20:40 »

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/032a8e43d1b0098e1fdc9569988c9678

Also, trying to avoid working, so here's a Roy G Biv version for no particular reason :)
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/57bba2e8650130c82454b79bdc178d30

I think I actually like the Roy G Biv  version better.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:30:38 »

those 2 will cost the same so once we have quotes, we can work out whichever people prefer, i like the lower one too

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:33:47 »
sorry i havent been part of the discussion much tonight, hitting bed now as its 1am, been taking care of some other things, will go over everything tomorrow and start this ergodox process off

i get the feeling it is gonna be impossible to please everyone, so im just gonna have to go with the popular vote on this one, but please do continue as i will read everything tomorrow

Hey Bunny,

Just want to make sure you got my PM the night before.
Bunny, can you cancel order  #347? Since I made a new order with updated info, as well as some additional kits :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:35:36 »
sorry i havent been part of the discussion much tonight, hitting bed now as its 1am, been taking care of some other things, will go over everything tomorrow and start this ergodox process off

i get the feeling it is gonna be impossible to please everyone, so im just gonna have to go with the popular vote on this one, but please do continue as i will read everything tomorrow

Hey Bunny,

Bunny, can you cancel order  #347? Since I made a new order with updated info, as well as some additional kits :)

sure no worries

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:36:20 »

those 2 will cost the same so once we have quotes, we can work out whichever people prefer, i like the lower one too

Is there a reason there is only one GH key?  Is that because there is already one in the alpha set that people will be buying?  I don't actually see a yellow alpha set available (only the white).  How are people getting the alphas needed for this kit?

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #475 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:40:31 »

I just went by roy g biv, but it's also the same ordering as in the main set.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:41:34 »

Is there a reason there is only one GH key?  Is that because there is already one in the alpha set that people will be buying?  I don't actually see a yellow alpha set available (only the white).  How are people getting the alphas needed for this kit?

the other colour alphas are in the base set, and there will be plenty of gh keys in that

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:41:46 »

Most of us picked up the base Penumbra set and the ergodox addon was a pleasant surprise.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #478 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:44:14 »

Most of us picked up the base Penumbra set and the ergodox addon was a pleasant surprise.

Cool.  Ya, that is what I figured...

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:04:36 »

Or, if you're a little obsessive like I am, you got 1 of everything just to play is safe  ;D

As things stand, if you prefer the darker alphas you'll have to order the base set. Originally, I preferred the lighter set, but now I'm not so sure, otherwise I'd offer to trade to save you money. At this point, there's no way I can tell which ones I will prefer until the set is produced and I have them in hand.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #480 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:11:16 »
i understand that now we are having this discussion the sets are slightly awkward, however they were not constructed with having an ergodox option at the time

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:20:52 »
Bunny, the legends on the alphas will be in the navy blue (BED) color, right?  Just checking--pretty nice if so.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:27:11 »

the less orders you have for something, the more expensive it is, anything below 25 orders, is very pricey, and the more keys you add the more expensive it is, we wont even get close to 25 ergodox orders, and splitting that order up even further is not an option

what will be offered is an extension kit for to make either the base or alpha set already on offer compatible with an ergodox

once again, this isnt an ergodox groupbuy, i offered an ergodox set before and it ended up costing me a fortune, so i left it otu from this buy, this is just me trying to accommodate the few users who requested it, this is not me trying to set up a buy specifically for the ergodox
I think I start to get it.
I had the idea that it would be the cheaper if you would bundle a version of the solarized alphas with the ErgoDox modifiers and leave the unused keys like the numpad out.
But if this is not the case then the cost must be in the handling and packaging.
I was just thinking about the cost of new low volume keycuts and not the handling.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:28:11 »

As things stand, if you prefer the darker alphas you'll have to order the base set. Originally, I preferred the lighter set, but now I'm not so sure, otherwise I'd offer to trade to save you money. At this point, there's no way I can tell which ones I will prefer until the set is produced and I have them in hand.

The lighter set struck me as a bit too close to sun-yellowed white, instead of keys that are supposed to look like that.

Then again depending on how much sun exposure you could say the same about the base set.

It is solarized after all.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:36:46 »
Played a bit with photoshop, and here are modified Kroengar's SP color scans combined with most of the colors for this group buy: (legend colors are by eye, not exact):

48265-0

- going to be so nice!  Love all of those colors together.  (Of course add your individual room lighting and shadows--these were scanned in a flatbed scanner).
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:39:07 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:51:15 »

Hey Bunny,

sure no worries

Cool, just waiting for invoice now!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:10:44 »
ok

time for the bad news guys

you asked for it

so now you have got it

so

costs

5 sets                      $90.84 per set
10 sets                   $55.00 per set
25 sets                   $33.90 per set
50 sets                   $25.53 per set
75 sets                   $23.08 per set

thats just for the sets, there are also the price of the legends being cut, which is 100 dollars total, so that cost would be divided buy the amount of people that order

those prices are based on this mockup

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/effabde2a344ba6d67981dbe50ab0b29

so that being said

lets make a list of people who are in and out

realistically i think you are looking at the 10 price point, i would be shocked if we hit 25, but would be really good for everyone if we did

please everyone get back to me asap about this so we dont hold up the buy too long for everyone

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:14:56 »
as an additional note, as you can see from the pricing, its often hard to offer ergodox sets when there is always so little interest, with hyperfuse, i only charged 30 a set, and we sold 13 total, which is why i was so put off this time around

Offline jefferai

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:27:55 »
as an additional note, as you can see from the pricing, its often hard to offer ergodox sets when there is always so little interest, with hyperfuse, i only charged 30 a set, and we sold 13 total, which is why i was so put off this time around

Yeah, I can imagine. I'm going to post on MassDrop on the ErgoDox page and see if we get any last minute interest. If I wasn't also in the HONEY R5 buy for far more than I meant to be, I'd consider getting 2xbase and 2xED if it'd help push the orders up, and sell one set later. If anyone else is in the mood to speculate, I think recouping $135 on the set is not unlikely.

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:29:52 »
Bunny has the patience of a saint....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:30:56 »
ok

time for the bad news guys

you asked for it

so now you have got it

so

costs

thats just for the sets, there are also the price of the legends being cut, which is 100 dollars total, so that cost would be divided buy the amount of people that order

those prices are based on this mockup

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/effabde2a344ba6d67981dbe50ab0b29

so that being said

lets make a list of people who are in and out

realistically i think you are looking at the 10 price point, i would be shocked if we hit 25, but would be really good for everyone if we did

please everyone get back to me asap about this so we dont hold up the buy too long for everyone

So $25 a legend? How about this, if we reach 10 sets, I will cover the $100 to cut the legends. I do heavily prefer the all blue version I posted tho, in case I go with the lighter keycaps. So yeah, basically I'm willing to throw down around $200 to make this happen. Counting my 2 sets, only need 8 other sets really.

If we don't make 10, I will still take 1 set of blanks.

I really hope I like the ergodox keyboard, I don't even have the parts to build my first yet  :eek:

Offline jefferai

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:32:17 »
So $25 a legend? How about this, if we reach 10 sets, I will cover the $100 to cut the legends. I do heavily prefer the all blue version I posted tho, in case I go with the lighter keycaps. So yeah, basically I'm willing to throw down around $200 to make this happen. Counting my 2 sets, only need 8 other sets really.

If we don't make 10, I will still take 1 set of blanks.

I really hope I like the ergodox keyboard, I don't even have the parts to build my first yet  :eek:

I also heavily prefer the all blue version, but would still buy this.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:33:05 »
Regarding being in/out, I'm definitely in at the 25 price point, almost certainly in at the 10 price point, and interested but not definite at the 5 price point.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:40:04 »
the all blue version but with the legends will be the same price

so we can go either way

we are getting a deal on the legend cutting as it is to keep the costs down, they are normally 45 a legend

there is a tipping point between 10 and 25 where it becomes cheaper to order more than less

25 sets comes to 847.50 + 100 for legends

so if say 20 people bought in to that it would be about 47.38 each or 42.38 without the cost of the legends if that gets covered

Offline jaymatter

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:45:35 »
Thanks for going through the trouble of putting this all together, especially the ergodox set that you knew had been trouble in the past. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the hex codes on the keys, so I'm afraid I'm out on this buy.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:47:53 »
Thanks for going through the trouble of putting this all together, especially the ergodox set that you knew had been trouble in the past. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the hex codes on the keys, so I'm afraid I'm out on this buy.

thanks for the kind words, because of the small amount of people, i had to go with the popular vote and that seemed to be the design, and to add more keys or thin out the order numbers by offering a blank version as well would make it impossible to hit a reasonable price

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 16:17:05 »

OK time for the truth - give me as much sets as I can get for $120 max.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #497 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 16:20:16 »

OK time for the truth - give me as much sets as I can get for $120 max.

that should help out a ton,

what the real goal here is to get 950 dollars together between the dox users, this will get the legends cut and 25 sets made

Offline mooswa

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 16:29:37 »
I will take 1 if we reach 55 and 2 if we reach 33.90.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:08:42 »
Out of curiosity, are the people buying two if we reach 25 also buying two base sets (e.g. to resell later)?

The two sets at 25 are still a bit pricier than the one set at 10, so pushing the number of orders over 25 by buying more than one, if that is the only way that we get up to 25 (but if we'd be over 10 anyways), is a net negative for each of those people. Or are people buying two base sets and thinking of a second ErgoDox later on?