Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 936247 times)

Offline Leondre

Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #1750 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 12:47:28 »
Anyone using the Originative Ori60 willing to try the attached file.

Ori60 requires you to export the firmware as a bin file. Easy AVR recently added this functionality. Just replace the FLASH.BIN with a new FLASH.BIN generated by Easy AVR.

P.S, AFAIK the KC60 also uses the same matrix and the .py file should work for that as well.

Tried it out on my kc60, no dice there. If I can assist let me know. For the most part I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can at least flash firmware.

Top row after flashing looks like... 1 | esc | 2 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 5 | + | BS | 9 | 0 | 3 | 4 | -

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1751 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:03:45 »
Version 2.3.1 is released.  Download here

Hopefully there's no major screw-ups

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1752 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:12:29 »
Yeay, this is exciting. I'll test it out today.

When you're right you're right.  I haven't used Flip since this feature was added.  All I do is reprogram from within the tool.  This is so much better.  Haven't updated the docs though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:14:45 by metalliqaz »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1753 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 15:08:07 »
Linux tester reporting in, I tried to use the built in dfu-programmer to flash my GH60 and it failed with the error below.  Same error when run as root or standard user, and it's failing before erasing so it's not the firmware it cant find.  The path/command printed at the bottom of the programming box is correct.

I also tried flashing my Ducky (Teensy 2.0++) and that also failed with a "can't find teensy_loader_cli executabe" popup, which is to be expected as it's not installed as I run the gui version from my download folder.  Looking around it seems the cli version is only distributed as source code so I think the Easy option is to use the standalone gui version, but if you want me to test let me know where it's expecting it to be and I will :)

Unwanted sidenote, I still have the sticky key on layer swap problem on my Ducky with the new version but can't replicate it on my GH60.  I'll just have to use the same key as toggle both ways, it's not the end of the world!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1754 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 07:44:04 »
Is there any way to use this on a clueboard? Would make my life a bit easier (as I'm using this on my other keyboards)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1755 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:15:35 »
Is there any way to use this on a clueboard? Would make my life a bit easier (as I'm using this on my other keyboards)

What is a clueboard?

The firmware supports pretty much any keyboard that is built with an AVR USB microcontroller.  So, for example, ATmega32U4 from the Teensy or AT90USB1286 from the Teensy++.  If your favorite board has a compatible chip, then it can be supported if an appropriate config file is created.

I have been known to add support for other boards when asked, but I really don't have a lot of time these days, so you'll have to provide me the hardware specs for the layout, matrix, and leds.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1756 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:53:13 »

Should be doable, however the RGB LEDs on the newer version will not work (Support coming soon). You can get the hardware specs here, https://github.com/skullydazed/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboard and then use the instructions in handwire.py to add support for the Clueboard. Don't forget to raise a pull request to add it to the main repo once you've tested it and it works perfectly.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1757 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 09:06:41 »
There is a pull request to add RGB, but it will take me a little while to review it

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1758 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 09:11:48 »
There is a pull request to add RGB, but it will take me a little while to review it

I saw that, it looks good for RGB backlighting as it very smartly uses keyboard-layout-editor to set the colors, but I'm not too sure for things like the LEDs under the PCB like in the Clueboard, some K-customs, the couple of boards I'm working on, etc. I know it can be used with a workaround, but meh.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1759 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 10:31:46 »

Should be doable, however the RGB LEDs on the newer version will not work (Support coming soon). You can get the hardware specs here, https://github.com/skullydazed/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboard and then use the instructions in handwire.py to add support for the Clueboard. Don't forget to raise a pull request to add it to the main repo once you've tested it and it works perfectly.

Thanks, I don't currently have any RGB leds set up so it should work fine.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1760 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:20:57 »
Linux tester reporting in, I tried to use the built in dfu-programmer to flash my GH60 and it failed with the error below.  Same error when run as root or standard user, and it's failing before erasing so it's not the firmware it cant find.  The path/command printed at the bottom of the programming box is correct.

Show Image

I also tried flashing my Ducky (Teensy 2.0++) and that also failed with a "can't find teensy_loader_cli executabe" popup, which is to be expected as it's not installed as I run the gui version from my download folder.  Looking around it seems the cli version is only distributed as source code so I think the Easy option is to use the standalone gui version, but if you want me to test let me know where it's expecting it to be and I will :)

Unwanted sidenote, I still have the sticky key on layer swap problem on my Ducky with the new version but can't replicate it on my GH60.  I'll just have to use the same key as toggle both ways, it's not the end of the world!

So I don't really have any way to troubleshoot what's going on over there.  I suspect I did something with the assembly of paths that isn't compatible with non-Windows platforms.  Unfortunately, though I have a linux PC, it is headless and doesn't run X.  So, uh... I dunno.

Offline JupiterJesus

« Reply #1761 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 22:42:15 »
If I wanted to use this firmware, but I wanted to write the USB keystroke buffer out via wireless radio instead of over USB, how hard (or possible?) would that be to do?

Details: My Razer TE Chroma broke (mini-usb connector) and Razer told me to **** right off. So now I've picked up an entirely new electronics hobby in the process of resurrecting the keyboard with hand-wiring and a custom controller. I use my PC(s) via couch or bed (back issues) 100% - haven't sat at a desk in years.

My plan right now is to wire the switches to a 6x15 matrix on a Teensy++, along with 3 PWM pins to for the three color channels of the RGB leds (wired in parallel, through a transistor) and 6 pins dedicated to a nRF24L01+ RF radio. The Teensy++ takes care of processing the switch input, LEDs and whatever, then sends the currently pressed button over radio to the receiver board (either a Teensy 3.2 or an Arduino Pro Micro, also outfitted with an nRF24L01+). The receiver will just run a dead simple sketch - read keys over radio, spit them out over USB.

I already know that all the wireless stuff works. I've built some simple proof of concept code that sends keys to the Teensy 3.2 over RF, which sends them over USB to windows. It works fine. I'm also a programmer, and my original thought was to write everything myself. But if I can use one of the various custom firmwares out there I will save sooooooooo much time, and they're better than anything I can come up with. And this one seems to handle RGB leds a little better than the others. But, that won't do me any good if it is impossible, or unreasonably difficult, to integrate wireless into the solution.

I'm still pretty new to working with microcontrollers. I'm pretty comfortable writing arduino sketches, but I don't know anything about writing and burning custom firmware. My alternative was going to be to start with and modify something simpler, like https://github.com/jetpacktuxedo/keyboard.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1762 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 06:16:27 »

I was trying to use the handwire section, but it seems that the rows are limited to less than what the clueboard uses. Confused as to what I need to do. Also the diodes are the opposite of the handwire set up, so I'd have to switch rows and columns, correct?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1763 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 06:26:22 »

I was trying to use the handwire section, but it seems that the rows are limited to less than what the clueboard uses. Confused as to what I need to do. Also the diodes are the opposite of the handwire set up, so I'd have to switch rows and columns, correct?

5x15 will fit in the tkl firmware option at the top (default is 60%) and diodes are set using strobe_cols and strobe_low so no need to swap rows/cols.  Not at a computer now but let me know if you need more detail and I'll fire one up :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1764 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 13:14:59 »

5x15 will fit in the tkl firmware option at the top (default is 60%) and diodes are set using strobe_cols and strobe_low so no need to swap rows/cols.  Not at a computer now but let me know if you need more detail and I'll fire one up :)

According to this, clueboard has 10 Rows, 8 Columns
https://github.com/skullydazed/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboard/clueboard2/config.h

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1765 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 14:47:58 »

According to this, clueboard has 10 Rows, 8 Columns
https://github.com/skullydazed/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboard/clueboard2/config.h

I looked at Clueboard 1 - unusual for a design to change that much but this one did!

In that case you'll need the COSTAR firmware which is 8 rows and lots of columns, and you will need to swap them :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline txepox

« Reply #1766 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 08:31:26 »
First of all, thanks to metalliqaz for developing this fantastic tool.

And now, my question: How can I map a key with "special" latin character (like ñ)?.

I have found some promising "encoding" files inside "library.zip", but I dont know how to use them...  :-[

Thanks in advance!.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1767 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 08:44:35 »

And now, my question: How can I map a key with "special" latin character (like ñ)?.

I have found some promising "encoding" files inside "library.zip", but I dont know how to use them...  :-[

Thanks in advance!.

If your keyboard is set to Spanish in your operating system then the ; key will work, what the keyboard sends is the same keycode for all languages which the computer converts to a letter or character.

If you use another layout you could use a macro to hold alt and press the numbers to get one.

How would you usually type it?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline txepox

« Reply #1768 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:07:17 »

Thanks in advance!.

If your keyboard is set to Spanish in your operating system then the ; key will work, what the keyboard sends is the same keycode for all languages which the computer converts to a letter or character.

If you use another layout you could use a macro to hold alt and press the numbers to get one.

How would you usually type it?
Thanks!

Ups... Perfect!. I was confused because when I program code I usually set the language of my keyboard to english international (the characters are better placed). I was trying to insert the ñ character using english languaje.  :confused:

So... Which scancode is the corresponding one to the key "<>" placed on the right of the left_shift (in ISO layout)? And the one corresponding to the key "ç" placed on the left of the enter key?.

EDIT: I found the scancodes!. They are name as "NON_US_...".  Thanks suicidal_orange!

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:13:23 by txepox »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1769 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:18:01 »
So... Which scancode is the corresponding one to the key "<>" placed on the right of the left_shift (in ISO layout)? And the one corresponding to the key "ç" placed on the left of the enter key?.

The names given are for UK ISO so NON_US_BACKSLASH... is next to shift and NON_US_HASHMARK... is next to enter :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline txepox

« Reply #1770 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:30:25 »

The names given are for UK ISO so NON_US_BACKSLASH... is next to shift and NON_US_HASHMARK... is next to enter :thumb:

Thanks a lot!

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1771 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:00:05 »
Quick question. I'm in the process of configuring my own layout at the moment for a Satan PCB. When I open the default layout for the Satan the 4 keys next to the space bar is R_Alt, R_WIN, App and R_Ctrl. What is the App key? Is this the same as the Function key like on my Shine 5 or is the App key the context menu like a Windows right click??

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1772 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:02:17 »
App key is the context menu item key.

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1773 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:47:49 »
I'm having an issue with my Satan GH60. It seems that I can only use the first 4 layers + Fn. I tried making a 5th layer but it seems changing to it doesn't work. Likewise any other layer beyond the first 4 doesn't activate. Is this a limitation of the PCB? I'm using the latest version of EasyAVR.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1774 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:26:18 »
Interesting, I've only used 4 layers including default - will try more now.  All the boards use the same chip so it should work on all or none...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1775 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:50:54 »
I'm having an issue with my Satan GH60. It seems that I can only use the first 4 layers + Fn. I tried making a 5th layer but it seems changing to it doesn't work. Likewise any other layer beyond the first 4 doesn't activate. Is this a limitation of the PCB? I'm using the latest version of EasyAVR.

There is no limitation on number of layers on any board.  There is a limitation on the number of active layers at any one given time.  That limit is 4.  (done to save RAM)

You should be able to access any of the 10 layers, but not all at the same time.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:52:32 by metalliqaz »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1776 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:58:42 »
Just checked and all layers work perfectly.

Just to clarify, by 4 layers you mean holding 4 'normal' FN keys or if you toggle through layers?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1777 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 08:13:15 »
If I power up the keyboard I should have only default and Fn layers active, right?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1778 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 14:03:56 »
If I power up the keyboard I should have only default and Fn layers active, right?

Not 100% but as metalliqaz didn't correct me I think it works like this:

When powered on only the default layer will be active.  Hold FN and that layer will also be active, also hold FN2 and you've got three active layers.  Adding FN3 would make four active layers so you can't press an FN key on that layer.

If you use an FN set to 'toggle' mode the counter would reset with that layer being the first active layer.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1779 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:54:22 »

Only one layer is ever "active" at a time

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1780 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:55:21 »
I have been totally absent for the last week, because of DOOM.  Not sure how long it will take me to get tired of that game, but it hasn't happened yet.  Doesn't really leave any time for other hobbies...

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1781 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 12:59:31 »
hahahahahahahahaha........

Offline vegs

« Reply #1782 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 16:36:19 »
I might've dun goofed. I just tried flashing my first firmware to a Pegasus Hoof on my Filco MJ2. For some reason most of the buttons on the bottom row are unresponsive - and I can't seem to get it back into bootmode (I programmed pause to act as boot). Did I just brick it?

Edit: nevermind, got it back into boot. Still having issues with everything on the two lower rows. The only keys that work are b,n,-,shift it seems. Even when I flashed a default firmware.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:32:47 by Veggis »
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1783 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:39:06 »
I might've dun goofed. I just tried flashing my first firmware to a Pegasus Hoof on my Filco MJ2. For some reason most of the buttons on the bottom row are unresponsive - and I can't seem to get it back into bootmode (I programmed pause to act as boot). Did I just brick it?

Edit: nevermind, got it back into boot. Still having issues with everything on the two lower rows. The only keys that work are b,n,-,shift it seems. Even when I flashed a default firmware.

Did you flash a Hoof v1 firmware on a v2 board (or vice versa) by any chance?  The pins used are different and the position of the keys in the matrix are very different so that certainly wouldn't work well...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline vegs

« Reply #1784 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:45:02 »

Did you flash a Hoof v1 firmware on a v2 board (or vice versa) by any chance?  The pins used are different and the position of the keys in the matrix are very different so that certainly wouldn't work well...
I think I flashed v2 first (I have a v1 Hoof). No difference after trying with v1 firmware though.

buy less

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1785 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:53:52 »

I think I flashed v2 first (I have a v1 Hoof). No difference after trying with v1 firmware though.

If the v1 and the v2 are working exactly the same, then something strange is going on.

Anyway, I have a few keyboards with bpiphany controllers.  Maybe I should try them out with the latest firmware to make sure I didn't botch anything with recent updates.  I'll get back to you.

Offline vegs

« Reply #1786 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 18:04:41 »

If the v1 and the v2 are working exactly the same, then something strange is going on.

Anyway, I have a few keyboards with bpiphany controllers.  Maybe I should try them out with the latest firmware to make sure I didn't botch anything with recent updates.  I'll get back to you.
Tried both 2_03_01 and 2_02_02, same results. Could the 32-bit drivers for the Atmel be the cause? I just tried to install what looked like 64-bit drivers, but Windows didn't want that.

Keep in mind that I am completely new to this, I just got things up and running a few hours ago. It's not my computer as I tried a clean v1 firmare (only change was added bootmode button) on my Surface without luck.

buy less

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1787 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 19:02:12 »

Tried both 2_03_01 and 2_02_02, same results. Could the 32-bit drivers for the Atmel be the cause? I just tried to install what looked like 64-bit drivers, but Windows didn't want that.

Keep in mind that I am completely new to this, I just got things up and running a few hours ago. It's not my computer as I tried a clean v1 firmare (only change was added bootmode button) on my Surface without luck.

Nah thats got nothing to do with it. It's gotta be the firmware.  Don't worry we'll get it straightened out.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1788 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 19:58:12 »

Try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze2zsk0ejuvylc7/easykeymap_windows_2_03_02.zip?dl=0

Remember this is a hardware change so you should make a new layout from scratch
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 20:01:52 by metalliqaz »

Offline Cadriel

« Reply #1789 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 20:55:20 »
I've noticed some issues, and am not sure how to proceed;

Some context first;

1. I'm running the latest firmware on the wiki, 2.03.01.
2. Satan GH60
2. I have 3 layers, all really basic. FN1 (On a capslock and FN key - both as basic toggles).
3. If spacebar is pressed whilst on FN1, layer 2 is toggled on.
4. I have a USB hub that I plug into the machine I intend to run - either a Macbook Pro during the day, or a PC during the evening. I always reset the power on the hub when I swap.

And my issues;

1. After a while of use, I start getting double and then sometimes triple keypresses of what seemingly appear to be random keys. At first I thought they'd only appear after a certain combination but its really hard to tell.
2. Sometimes, after a week or sometimes longer - the keyboard goes bonkers and my OS's have fits of rage. I have to unplug and replug the keyboard to resolve.

These issues have both presented themselves on my OSX and WIN machines. The double up of keypresses is happening on a daily basis now.

Is there a setting I could tweak that might help here?

Thanks!

Offline vegs

« Reply #1790 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 04:51:00 »

Try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze2zsk0ejuvylc7/easykeymap_windows_2_03_02.zip?dl=0

Remember this is a hardware change so you should make a new layout from scratch
That was quick! Everything works now :) Thanks!!

buy less

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1791 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 20:26:48 »
Got my Satan earlier today. It's built and I first flashed my keymap with TMK. But I went to AVR as it offers to lock the win key and lock all the keys. I pretty much have everything set up the way I want except that most of the media keys are not working. The Media Player key works but play/pause, next/prev track, nav forward/backward all don't work. The volumn keys work though. Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1792 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 21:18:27 »
Got my Satan earlier today. It's built and I first flashed my keymap with TMK. But I went to AVR as it offers to lock the win key and lock all the keys. I pretty much have everything set up the way I want except that most of the media keys are not working. The Media Player key works but play/pause, next/prev track, nav forward/backward all don't work. The volumn keys work though. Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong?
What OS?  The media keys are based on Windows.  Even if using Windows, I've found that only some apps respond to those keys.  If the volume is working then the keyboard is working.

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1793 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 03:46:03 »
Windows 10. Oddly the media keys work on my Shine 5 that I've setup as a macro to the 4 keys above the numpad, play/pause, mute, next track and prev track. Would be nice if I can get it to work on the Satan, I do use them keys often.

Another thing. I've played around with the backlight keys too but is there a way to edit how the backlight modes are? I'm guessing this goes deeper than what AVR can do? If possible I would like to remove the breathing mode entirely and add in a reactive mode that lights up each key when pressed. So there is only full backlight with steps of different brightness and then the reactive mode.

Thank you!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1794 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 06:47:04 »
I don't think the Satan has the capability to address each led individually

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1795 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:13:46 »
Okay I fixed the media keys problem, Chrome browser was hijacking the media keys for their Play Music thing.

If I can't do the reactive mode can I fix up the backlight modes? So at the moments I have the 3 keys BL Enable, BL Mode and BL Dimmer. Below I've listed what happens when I press the keys.

BL Modes:
Press 1. Full backlight mode - Pressing BL Dimmer I can change the brightness, 5 levels.
Press 2. Breathing mode - BL Dimmer does nothing.
Press 3. Decay mode - BL Dimmer does nothing.
Press 4. All keys on full brightness and flashes once quickly when any key is pressed. Not sure what the hell this is lol.

Is it possible to remove decay mode and whatever the hell the fourth mode is from BL Mode key? Also when I unplug the keyboard or switch on/off the computer the board doesn't remember the last mode it was in, every time it boots up with full brightness full backlight. Is this a board problem or can it be fixed in software?

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:19:56 by SKD »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1796 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:13:49 »
To remove modes you'll need to hack the code - removing is easier than adding so if you're an aspiring programmer give it a go!

As for defaults they are set using the CONFIG key - assign it, then press it while in a text editor.  There is 'help on special config settings' in the help menu in the keymapper to explain the options :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1797 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 10:09:40 »
Ah jesus programming is always something I've put off but I might just have to try it this once. Where do I even start?

I've had a play with the Config in a text editor but when I set the default dimmer levels and backlight enable options to any number between the suggested 1-16 the results are all the same.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1798 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 10:30:18 »
I have a GH60 and the default backlight setting works fine, but the LEDs are straight on the pins whereas I guess the Satan has a transistor - not too sure what difference that makes, will have to have a look at the config and a pic to check.

If you download the .zip from github in firmware/source there are two files called led.c and .h, having opened both it's pretty obvious how to remove the modes you don't want so I'll let you work that out.

Changing it to glow when a key is pressed (will be whole board not just that key) rather than get dimmer shouldn't be too hard, the function names are clear so have a look and try and work it out.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1799 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 15:01:28 »
Is it really so hard to cycle through 5 modes?