Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 246104 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK white/dark grey and black multilanguage sets
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:46:51 »
Yeah it's black keys. Seems GMK renders always look few shades lighter than the proper color.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:54:40 »
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, however, would it be possible to combine, base + mods + nav, this might come under $100, maybe? If yes, then adding a lang pack to it would still be cheaper, than someone getting a lang pack + mod + nav.

Just throwing an idea to hit MOQ earlier if at all.

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #452 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 08:16:07 »
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, however, would it be possible to combine, base + mods + nav, this might come under $100, maybe? If yes, then adding a lang pack to it would still be cheaper, than someone getting a lang pack + mod + nav.

Just throwing an idea to hit MOQ earlier if at all.

Yes, the idea is good. One big set under $100 and a lang pack optional.

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #453 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 05:29:24 »
did this die?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #454 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 09:54:53 »
No it's not dead but it can't move until reaching MOQ.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #455 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 14:15:50 »
Have the total orders improved much?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #456 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:20:45 »
No they have been stagnant since mid November. I'm going to see what I can do to make more streamlined cheaper set in January. I'm thinking of doing full dark grey base set with US/GB winkey/winkeyless ANSI/ISO set and separate black mods/nav and see what that does?
I would love to keep try to offer the language packs and all the extra stuff, but there is just not enough orders to try and maintain doing so.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #457 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:40:22 »
No they have been stagnant since mid November.
I would love to keep try to offer the language packs and all the extra stuff, but there is just not enough orders to try and maintain doing so.

Hey I just placed an order, although I don't really know if I had already placed any previous orders before.  Just thought it was a good idea to keep this GB going.  Besides Ivan we all do still love GMK, regardless as to whether they'll ever accept our order or not (bad English - blame it on the Shift).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #458 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:28:13 »
No they have been stagnant since mid November. I'm going to see what I can do to make more streamlined cheaper set in January. I'm thinking of doing full dark grey base set with US/GB winkey/winkeyless ANSI/ISO set and separate black mods/nav and see what that does?

I'm finally in a position again where I could get involved in this GB.  It seems that it might be on hold?  I skimmed the thread, but didn't read all of the pages in great detail, so apologies if this was addressed before.

Does the above quote mean that this will continue to collect orders on the off chance that it does succeed, or is it being shelved until something new comes along in January?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 11:59:04 »
I would love to just on this but the way it is structured it would have to buy the base plus mods plus nav to get a working set?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #460 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:17:45 »
I've been trying to negotiate for some things to happen which is why I put it in hold. After I find out if it can happen the plan is to
Make 1 set complete white/dark grey US/GB ANSI/ISO 101/102/104/105 ultra basic no extra alternate keys with $100 maximum target price.
Make 1 white/black mods+nav+function pack with less extra keys more basic selection.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #461 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:23:19 »
I've been trying to negotiate for some things to happen which is why I put it in hold. After I find out if it can happen the plan is to
Make 1 set complete white/dark grey US/GB ANSI/ISO 101/102/104/105 ultra basic no extra alternate keys with $100 maximum target price.
Make 1 white/black mods+nav+function pack with less extra keys more basic selection.

This sounds really good!

I'll be in for one of each :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:24:04 »
obviously will buy

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:24:35 »

This sounds really good!

I'll be in for one of each :)

+1

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #464 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:47:15 »
Sounds good, as much as I love GMK I don't see language sets happening with them
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:27:26 »
As much as I would like to see other languages happen, there simply hasn't been enough support. Unless we can get MOQ of 100 with enough orders to even pull that off for them I don't see it coming to fruition either.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:33:10 »
Cool to hear this still has a chance.
Hope the nav pack will make it - love the graphical legends :)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:38:47 »
The german/nordic have reached 33 if the numbers in OP are correct, so yeah, there is little chance unless people are willing to pay more and receive more sets.

If 40 people would pay 250€ then they would get 10 sets each and the MOQ would be met.
If 100 people would pay 100€ then they would  get 4 sets each and the MOQ would be met.

Unfortunately, the problem is that I don't think we'll find that many people wanting to buy several sets. I for one could buy a few if it would make it happen, but 367 sets is just not even in that ballpark :(

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:41:32 »

It would be amazing if you were able to negotiate MOQ down from 400...  Unfortunately I can see the majority of GMK buys failing at that level...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #469 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:39:22 »

I am gonna be in for the basic and less expensive mods set.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #470 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:56:37 »
Ivan why not keep it to one set 2 tone instead 2 separate sets, we will struggle again with MOQ... you will have 2 sets at descent price but that means we need MOQ of 800 in total.... think it over dude
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #471 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:59:42 »

+1

a lot of users just want to buy one nice set for a poker or QFR and do not want all the extra keys.
the previous layout makes this difficult with lots of leftover keys.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #472 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:03:03 »
Mods interest is the highest count, so I want to keep the white on black as a separate entity. People that want white on black patch kit get it, people that want full cheap sets get it... I think more people win. People that really want a 2tone can get both, and they win too as I expect it to be cheaper still than it is now after trimming some fat.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:05:55 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #473 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:08:35 »
btw sorry sir I would place my order but I am waiting to see how the kits look rearranged first.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #474 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:10:57 »
It doesn't hurt to place order, even though knowing it's going to change it still helps me gauge general interest. Pretend base is full white/grey set and mods is white/black patch kit. Other options will be invalid (unless some huge interest keeps the language kits alive).
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:13:54 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:38:26 »
It doesn't hurt to place order, even though knowing it's going to change it still helps me gauge general interest. Pretend base is full white/grey set and mods is white/black patch kit. Other options will be invalid (unless some huge interest keeps the language kits alive).

^^I have been waiting as well, but decided to go ahead and put some stuff in.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:46:06 »
Can someone tell me: is the mod pack white/dark gray legend on black? I'm very interested due to the R4 Caps Lock and R3 Control.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:50:21 »
Future: FULL set will be ALL white/dark grey so that will have white/dark grey mods, nav, function same color as alpha numerics.
Separately, there will be white/black patch kit similar to what is shown presently as Mods+nav+function in a more cut down cheaper form.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:52:31 »
Awesome. I've made an order/interest for the modifier pack.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:43:50 »
I haven't ordered but what I want is a tkl kit with a swedish language pack, what should I place as interest holders?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:46:25 »
Future: FULL set will be ALL white/dark grey so that will have white/dark grey mods, nav, function same color as alpha numerics.
Separately, there will be white/black patch kit similar to what is shown presently as Mods+nav+function in a more cut down cheaper form.

you give options for 2 sets in one GB, sure more options is good for the buyers but reaching MOQ on both at the same time not sure about that one. Not everybody will sign up for 2 sets, I think keep it as it is dark/grey 2 tone, the more sets you present the more you tearing up the community and people cant make up their mind, im talking about the majority that have to order only 1 set.

Offline dante

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 08:57:14 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 February 2014, 15:05:04 by dante »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:12:01 »

you give options for 2 sets in one GB, sure more options is good for the buyers but reaching MOQ on both at the same time not sure about that one. Not everybody will sign up for 2 sets, I think keep it as it is dark/grey 2 tone, the more sets you present the more you tearing up the community and people cant make up their mind, im talking about the majority that have to order only 1 set.

It is not reaching mow as it is. That is why he is making changes.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #483 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:29:51 »
In general if each set has less caps each, it will be cheaper and MOQ may be reached easier.

Regarding mods considering these are WoB, interested parties may already have the necessary keys to fit an standard ANSI board, but 1 full touch caps-lock key with centered stem, a 2.75u right shift, and 7 1.25u mods. I think these keys could make a small, cheap and very appealing set.

Basic moogle set:

1 Full touch caps lock with centered stem
1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

Extended moogle set:

1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

1 Left shift in 2.25u
1 blank key 1u
2 black key 1.25u

Mod set to fit the full set in dark grey

1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

1 Left shift in 2.25u
1 blank key 1u
2 black key 1.25u

1 Enter
1 back space
1 esc
1 back slash

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #484 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:32:52 »
In general if each set has less caps each, it will be cheaper and MOQ may be reached easier.

Regarding mods considering these are WoB, interested parties may already have the necessary keys to fit an standard ANSI board, but 1 full touch caps-lock key with centered stem, a 2.75u right shift, and 7 1.25u mods. I think these keys could make a small, cheap and very appealing set.

Basic moogle set:

1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

Extended moogle set:

1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

1 Left shift in 2.25u
1 blank key 1u
2 black key 1.25u

Mod set to fit the full set in dark grey

1 Right shift in 2.75u
2 control key 1.25u
2 alt key 1.25u
2 win key 1.25u
1 menu key 1.25u

1 Left shift in 2.25u
1 blank key 1u
2 black key 1.25u

1 Enter
1 back space
1 esc
1 back slash

I suggest also that the sets were offered in a modular way to achieve MOQ easily. It means the full mods set will include only the 4 keys in addition to the extended moogle set, this extended moogle will include the 4 keys in addition to the basic moogle only. Thus, someone that needs the full mods will buy one of each, those interested in the extended moogle will buy 2 sets, and so on.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:34:42 by ideus »

Offline dante

« Reply #485 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:35:40 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 February 2014, 15:05:16 by dante »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #486 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:51:12 »
.... and the control's/alt's can be sourced from EK.

IF you want them in red, blue, green or yellow....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #487 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:53:36 »

That was what I thought when I read this first. Well maybe some want their boards for an airline's desk.

Offline dante

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:26:33 »

That was what I thought when I read this first. Well maybe some want their boards for an airline's desk.

I know I'm not everybody (thank goodness) - but I'd imagine there is a pocket of folks who are cheapskates like myself that just want to get a complete uniform profile set and do not care what the end results looks like.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #489 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:41:55 »
48165-048167-1
Combine MODS+NAV+FUN + 6.25 and 7 spacebar

Grey set will be same keys as above + base as it is now in the OP

48169-2
Generic pack might stay with some editing as well (pretend all keys is same grey base).

More better?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #490 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 11:23:33 »
I am a little confused now as to what is supposed to be light grey and what will be dark grey. I will just have to wait and see the final mockups.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #491 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:00:34 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Combine MODS+NAV+FUN + 6.25 and 7 spacebar

Grey set will be same keys as above + base as it is now in the OP

(Attachment Link)
Generic pack might stay with some editing as well (pretend all keys is same grey base).

More better?

Combined sets are OK for those that purchase the full set. What about we who just want the MODS?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #492 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:01:01 »
Basically it's impossible to make it so everyone will like it so... just trying to shoot for 'more acceptable'.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:58:56 »
don't forget to add in MODS one more key R4 x1 blank so people can use it together with the x1 Fn key for 1.5 - 1 - 1.5 x7 layout. I honestly don't care if the key says Fn but its not used for that, I'm not that picky, but there are 4 more keys in the MODS pack that are somewhat bling. If you think you can still keep prices @ $100 per set then that's fine even if you have extra keys in the sets.

What I'm curious about is will you break every set to Mods,Navs and alpha numeric or will you have everything bundled together as in 1 set? If you are bundling together everything just by looking at the pack that has all keys from 0-9 + all the windowed blanks, honestly not sure how will you pull out for set to cost $100, that's a lot of keys. One thing is set to cost $100 + shipping or sub $100 that turns out to be $130 + your handling charge + shipping and it equals to $150
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:07:20 by bazemk1979 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #494 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:04:13 »
I think they have 1x Win8 keys now, I would put those.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:13:40 »
I'll wait on the final mockup without saying anything further, lots of things plays role in this GB such as: will it be 2 tone 1 set or 2 sets separate in 2 colors, don't care for the extra keys but I do care for the final price. Once when its all settled I'll look up the options and see if  its worth entering the GB.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:09:36 »
Do we need to re-submit orders? I'm relying on you Ivan to let me know if I have to re-submit. If the price drops I'll even work to keep my initial order amount constant just to help MOQ.

Cheers!

And thanks for keeping with this! I love your persistence!

Topre REALFORCE

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #497 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:29:06 »
I just went back and checked the prices and it amazes me that this hasn't got more orders than it does. Here's some reasons why this is totally worth the $148 for Base + Mods + nab:

1. I really wanted a WoB set so I bought two original sets through classifieds. Those two have already cost me over $80 (one was NIB) and I still don't have a spacebar to go with it. PLUS I've spent I don't know how much time on classifieds looking for the missing key = a lot of frustration. This GB saves you tons of frustration.

2. For that $148 you get a comprehensive set that will fully populate not just the board that you're using right now, but any board you may want to sit in front of: 60%, TKL, TK, TK + The four extra keys like Ducky. You buy this and you'll never have to worry about running to Classifieds again and again just to find one little ole' key.

3. This price may be steep, but unless you get in on the GB, the prices are only going up from there.

4. It's GMK. So totally worth it it's not even funny.

Disclaimer: yes I totally want this set to make MOQ because I already have an order in.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #498 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:50:22 »
I just went back and checked the prices and it amazes me that this hasn't got more orders than it does. Here's some reasons why this is totally worth the $148 for Base + Mods + nab:

1. I really wanted a WoB set so I bought two original sets through classifieds. Those two have already cost me over $80 (one was NIB) and I still don't have a spacebar to go with it. PLUS I've spent I don't know how much time on classifieds looking for the missing key = a lot of frustration. This GB saves you tons of frustration.

2. For that $148 you get a comprehensive set that will fully populate not just the board that you're using right now, but any board you may want to sit in front of: 60%, TKL, TK, TK + The four extra keys like Ducky. You buy this and you'll never have to worry about running to Classifieds again and again just to find one little ole' key.

3. This price may be steep, but unless you get in on the GB, the prices are only going up from there.

4. It's GMK. So totally worth it it's not even funny.

Disclaimer: yes I totally want this set to make MOQ because I already have an order in.

we are waiting on whats the final keys in the gb, will it be 2 color full set or 2 full separate sets in black and dark grey color, will the sets be broken down in nav, mods and alphanumerics, final price. If set/sets are broken down in mods some mods might not reach MOQ because some people will only go for the ALphanumerics people such that have 60% boards and people that bought the Dollch from Sherry also will only need WOB alpha numeric in order to play around with the dark grey mod  + navs from the Dolch. As you see things can get complicated, lets see what Ivan decides to do, lets see the mockup offer and asking price.

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:54:51 by bazemk1979 »

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:04:24 »
MODS+NAV is a great idea, them being split up was one of the reasons I did not order