Author Topic: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - SHIPPING COMPLETED  (Read 469069 times)

Offline slickmamba

Re: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - Collecting
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 16:43:58 »
Hey dubs, I can offer to pay all of the refunds for those with cases against you, if you can promise me that you will pay it back, or if not, take it as a donation to the community.

Please PM me. 

Demik. Demik. Demik. Demik.
Did it work?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 October 2014, 16:48:59 by slickmamba »
Hi :)

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #951 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 18:25:07 »
Hey dubs, I can offer to pay all of the refunds for those with cases against you, if you can promise me that you will pay it back, or if not, take it as a donation to the community.

Please PM me. 

Demik. Demik. Demik. Demik.
Did it work?

You're insane! I appreciate the amount of trust you have towards dubs.
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #952 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 18:33:28 »
I heard my name
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #953 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 09:57:12 »
Changdrew v2

bingo
maybe age discrimination, but i won't trust someone not even graduated from HS with that much $$

Offline redeye

« Reply #954 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:16:23 »
For a moment then i thought Dubs was back!

Has anyone seen any sign of him?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:45:32 »
Oh please, any time ive said anything about current members i get **** on. I warned people about redline way before they scammed people and i was seen as a "hater" and look what happened. I was right in the end. Im done warning people that dont appreciate it.

Now im not saying dubs is going to bail with your money, but this gb sure as hell isnt ending anytime soon because hes not worried.  Well until people start filing claims. You saw how quickly he came out.

what would you do if you were in our shoes? i didn't' mind the initial wait, but the fact that he came back right after someone submitted a dispute, and disappeared again after the disputes were revoked, is incredibly suspicious. the fact that no refunds went out didn't help either. I wasn't aware that refunds can be done within minutes, as i'm not familiar with paypal.

i should have done some research before, but would you mind sharing how paypal disputes work? i have no desire of freezing the entire group buy, but is that the only way? do i get my money back rightaway by issuing a chargeback, or do i still have to wait for him to approve the chargeback before the money gets transferred?

I spat up a bit ago.
Dubs had owed me $20 for months before this.
He said he felt sincerely bad but never bothered to take a literal two minutes to rectify the situation.
I now, in lieu, have a spot in this GB. I don't have much hope, though.

Offline älg

« Reply #956 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 14:25:21 »
I paid on 31 of may and asked dubsgalore for a refund via PM on 13 September 2014.  Additionally I entered my information into the change form in the first post.
There wasn't any reaction or reply of dubsgalore at all. Therefore I filed a paypal dispute today.

His behaviour is just unacceptable. You just can't collect that much money from people all around the world and then just disappear. If you don't have the time to run the groupbuy just simply refund everybody.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #957 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 14:28:23 »
You guys do realize PayPal only allows disputes within 45 days of payment right?

Also while I wish for the best for this group buy I didn't participate so I'll refrain from posting much more in this thread, but I do hope dubs is ok and just busy with life.

Offline älg

« Reply #958 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 14:32:40 »
I know...

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #959 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 13:55:50 »
Dubs, if you cannot honestly carry on with this group at a normal pace are you willing to hand it over to someone who will? Anyone able to contact him and asking him about the group buy. No need for an reasons/execuse as people aren't interested in that, just action.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #960 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:18:56 »
I really wanted to get into this group buy. I trusted Dubs that he would come back because he seemed really nice when I talked to him. But now I am not so sure :s

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #961 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:59:13 »
Oh please, any time ive said anything about current members i get **** on. I warned people about redline way before they scammed people and i was seen as a "hater" and look what happened. I was right in the end. Im done warning people that dont appreciate it.

Now im not saying dubs is going to bail with your money, but this gb sure as hell isnt ending anytime soon because hes not worried.  Well until people start filing claims. You saw how quickly he came out.

what would you do if you were in our shoes? i didn't' mind the initial wait, but the fact that he came back right after someone submitted a dispute, and disappeared again after the disputes were revoked, is incredibly suspicious. the fact that no refunds went out didn't help either. I wasn't aware that refunds can be done within minutes, as i'm not familiar with paypal.

i should have done some research before, but would you mind sharing how paypal disputes work? i have no desire of freezing the entire group buy, but is that the only way? do i get my money back rightaway by issuing a chargeback, or do i still have to wait for him to approve the chargeback before the money gets transferred?

I spat up a bit ago.
He said he felt sincerely bad but never bothered to take a literal two minutes to rectify the situation.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 23:16:08 »
Just FYI he was pretty active recently on reddit until someone messaged him on there.

I think it's safe to assume that he is avoiding you guys.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #963 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 23:46:57 »
Just FYI he was pretty active recently on reddit until someone messaged him on there.

I think it's safe to assume that he is avoiding you guys.
it was clear a month ago

Offline ebacho

« Reply #964 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 00:38:13 »
Meh.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:15:13 by ebacho »

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #965 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 00:51:15 »

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #966 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 06:24:19 »
I can't believe this keeps happening again and again and that all people are saying: "this is your own fault".
This is a moderated forum where lots of stuff gets sold for a lot of money. I can't believe that nothing is being done about this after so many screwed up groupbuys..

I sincerely hope Dubs isn't another one of those guys. Seems so unreal, that many posts and so active on the forum and then plan a groupbuy and screw everyone over? Could it really be a youth thing? I don't know. I just hope we get some feedback at least.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #967 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 07:24:29 »
We just don't know.

Maybe he still has the money and is just lazy and annoyed by the work it takes and taking a break.
Maybe he took a "credit" on the money and wasn't able to pay it back as planned, for example after he became ill and couldn't do his summer job.
Maybe it was a planned scam and we should just press fraud charges with the police, the paypal history should be pretty convincing.
Maybe it's something different at all.

The problem with the immature "solution" of just plunging is of course that people will assume the worst. I still hope for the first but tending to believe the second. In that case, I hope he finds the courage to let others help him.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 07:26:55 by Halvar »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #968 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 07:26:00 »
It would be great if someone who is close to dubs could at least verify he is ok and nothing tragic has happened to him.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #969 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 07:28:04 »
It would be great if someone who is close to dubs could at least verify he is ok and nothing tragic has happened to him.

hes on skype right now
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #970 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 07:38:27 »

hes on skype right now

He's always on Skype. We should just ask!

[EDIT] No answer.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 08:31:23 by madhias »
... ...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #971 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:00:13 »
changdrew v. 2.0

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #972 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:02:19 »

I'm attempting to contact some of his friends through social media. I will report back if they reply.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #973 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:04:27 »

I'm attempting to contact some of his friends through social media. I will report back if they reply.
Seriously, we have both been trying. He has completely disappeared for the past 2 weeks it seems. The last trace of him was the 25th Sept.

Starting to get really worried. Not about this GB, but about his wellbeing. I just hope he's OK.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #974 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:59:57 »

I spat up a bit ago.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

For me, it's the same $20 that I was never getting back.
For anyone joining the GB after my warning, yup.

Seriously, we have both been trying. He has completely disappeared for the past 2 weeks it seems. The last trace of him was the 25th Sept.

Starting to get really worried. Not about this GB, but about his wellbeing. I just hope he's OK.

If his friends won't tell you that he has been put in a tragic situation, he probably hasn't. My two cents.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #975 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 11:04:33 »
If his friends won't tell you that he has been put in a tragic situation, he probably hasn't. My two cents.
Nobody ever said that they had got in contact with his friends, just that they were trying to :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #976 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 11:51:07 »
mfw paying for law school with keycap money

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #977 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 12:13:59 »
Fix up Dubs!!! We need you!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline billnye

• ability man
CMYW GMK GroupBuy - Collecting
« Reply #978 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 12:59:11 »
Just heard back from him. He was in the hospital for the past 13 days and not had access to a computer.

He said he should be back at a PC in a few days.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:07:38 by billnye29 »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #979 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:06:59 »
Just heard back from him. He has been in the hospital for the past 13 days and not had access to a computer.

That stinks he's in the hospital, but relieving to hear he's okay.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #980 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:19:31 »
Just heard back from him. He was in the hospital for the past 13 days and not had access to a computer.

Thanks for the update.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #981 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:39:59 »

Great news!
... ...

Offline redeye

« Reply #982 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:47:37 »

Did he say why he was in hospital?

Thanks

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #983 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 14:58:41 »
Can we please spare the sarcastic comments? If he was in the hospital, it is serious irrespective of him being injured or someone close to him.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #984 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:06:49 »
Can we please spare the sarcastic comments? If he was in the hospital, it is serious irrespective of him being injured or someone close to him.

He talked to someone 8 days ago completely without mentioning the hospital. Luckily he will be able to provide proof of his hospital stay. 13 days in the hospital is something drastic, it cost $2000 a night at the hospital these days without insurance.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #985 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:24:53 »

He talked to someone 8 days ago completely without mentioning the hospital. Luckily he will be able to provide proof of his hospital stay. 13 days in the hospital is something drastic, it cost $2000 a night at the hospital these days without insurance.

Dubs hasn't spoken to anyone on geekhack since September 25th.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #986 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:30:54 »
Or we just spare most of these comments until we have more information, period. :rolleyes:  While I'm skeptical, if he really is in the hospital, I wish him well.  Still, as of now, what evidence we have is murky at best and both sides can be argued.  Putting personal feelings aside, no one is absolutely one hundred percent sure of what's really going on. /shrug  People shouldn't be so quick to attack him and others shouldn't be so quick to defend him.  We just need more info.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #987 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:35:57 »

Dubs hasn't spoken to anyone on geekhack since September 25th.

Skype.

Not to mention apparently he never sent his Clacks to some members on kbdmod/OTD so they blacklisted him.

Also all public hospitals have free internet, this is a government law provided by tax payer money.

I might be all wrong, but this is sketchy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:37:39 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #988 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 16:03:11 »
I know that tensions are exceedingly high in this thread, and I understand where we're all at (I'm in this buy too).  However, if we have word that dubs was in the hospital and unable to access the internet, can we please wait until he has a chance to recover a bit before we grab the pitchforks?  We don't need "proof" that he was in the hospital, what we need is progress in the GB.  Sadly, that has halted while he gets whatever medical issues attended to.

I know that we all want to know exactly what happened so we can determine if it's "justified" to be absent for so long, but honestly at this point it doesn't matter.  What matters is that we move forward.  And imagine if you had some extreme medical issues pop up, I'd suspect you wouldn't like people on the internet forming a mob to hunt you down either.

We can argue back and forth all day about the legitimacy of the claims here, but at the end of the day only dubs and a few select people actually know what's going on, and I think it's best if the rest of us just wait.  I know that's not what we like to hear, but I think it's the most sensible thing to do at this point.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #989 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 17:45:56 »
so hospital is the story you guys are buying?

also, he has to pay. the production hasnt even started. all he literally has to do is send the money to gmk. hes not sorting. he has to pay gmk. that takes how long?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 17:47:49 by demik »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 17:52:55 »
so hospital is the story you guys are buying?

also, he has to pay. the production hasnt even started. all he literally has to do is send the money to gmk. hes not sorting. he has to pay gmk. that takes how long?

10 seconds to start the wire, maybe a 2-3 business days for the wire to complete

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #991 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 17:58:36 »
Is it possible to actually get GMK to sort? I would be interested in doing my own group buy (for some other keys) at some point.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #992 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:22:43 »
Is it possible to actually get GMK to sort? I would be interested in doing my own group buy (for some other keys) at some point.

Ivan (or someone else in the Dolch buy) said somewhere that you can pay them to sort the sets.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #993 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:25:49 »
sp charges like 10 cents per cap to sort. or something like that. this was before pmk

Offline redeye

« Reply #994 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:42:03 »

I think Ivan mentioned 5 euros per set, but dont hold me to that.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #995 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 03:22:10 »
I'm just thinking 5 euros per set, that's like an extra 1250 euros or so. That's really not too bad, and it'll give individuals like me the ability to form a GB without worrying about the sorting difficulty.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #996 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:38:38 »
I held out as long as I could but I'm finding it more difficult to avoid the reality here. Probably avoiding us, probably sick, definitely young = we probably got screwed. If that's the case, you know,  F*** him but let's move on. I still want these keys and I'm tired of being teased by promises of "some day" I'll refund the money or "some day" I'll pay GMK.

How about we make his simpler: terminate the GB and just refund everybody: that's alot less work than reconciling all of the outstanding orders, finishing collections, receiving, sorting, packing and shipping.

And think about the time here: I doubt he's ever even placed an order. GMK certainly hasn't got this on their calendar so best case scenario, assumming that Dubs got all the money sorted out in six weeks we're looking at late Jan or early Feb shipments.

I hate to say it, but I think Demik is right: I don't think Dubs can be relied upon in this regard and the sooner we all accept that fact the sooner we can move on (although I think some reasonable conditions ought to be considered about how and when dubs should be banned from GH and DT too if he roped folks from there into this as well).

I mean, come on, isn't it the least bit funny how this all went south AFTER he received the lion's share of the payments?

Yeah, this sucks, but cheers anyways.

Dubs, I hope the money was spent on something important: losing the trust of this many people all at once is going to color your perspective of yourself for the rest of your life. I hope it doesn't make you too bitter at the end of the day but it probably will.

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline billnye

• ability man
CMYW GMK GroupBuy - Collecting
« Reply #997 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:56:58 »
Get ready for tomorrow! Gonna be a big day for the group buy.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #998 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 15:10:04 »
Go on...

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline redeye

« Reply #999 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 18:51:31 »

Go on...

What's the odds that he has "placed" an order for the caps?...

Oh wait... What about the people who wanted a refund which he said he was going to sort out?
I suppose it buys him 4 more weeks.

With all that's go on, this group buy is like a soap opera