Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20227257 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #17950 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:24:09 »
Cherry Replica (Nathan's Set) ...

56057-0

The consistency is fantastic ...

56059-1
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17951 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 23:40:22 »
got these a few days ago but didn't get a chance to take pic till now:
GMK Black on White/Grey

Graphite set

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17952 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 23:43:43 »
Got a Keypop heart enter and some red trans caps from Keypop today via Bunnylake for sending stuff on and not getting anything in the, sadly, doomed cap exchainge.  Pictures will come later.

got these a few days ago but didn't get a chance to take pic till now:
GMK Black on White/Grey
Show Image

More
Graphite set
Show Image

Oh how I want that GMK beige/white set.  I've been looking for a doubleshot or dyesub PBT set for a while, but they're always so bloody expensive.  Looking forward to seeing how it looks on whatever you put it on.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17953 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 01:08:08 »
56155-0
mewmew?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #17954 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 01:41:23 »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #17955 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 02:11:08 »
QazPad PCB

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17956 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 03:55:36 »
Only a small package this time ...

56171-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #17957 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:39:20 »

(Attachment Link)

Small but a goodie, I love my set.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #17958 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:22:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Is this control the same size of a caps lock? PBT with sublimated legends? Where did you get it?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #17959 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:37:16 »
Typing this on my G2Pro with MX Clears that I got ~30 minutes ago. :)

Not quite sure if I like clears more than reds and blues just yet, but I took a typing test on typeracer, and I must say that the typing experience is great. I will have to put on some better keycaps before I can conclude if I like clears or not.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #17960 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:51:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Is this control the same size of a caps lock? PBT with sublimated legends? Where did you get it?

Yes, and it is meant to go in that place (on a HHKB, Ctrl is set in that place by default; on a Realforce, you can swap it to be that way, with spare caps). Dye subbed PBT, as is customary for Topre.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #17961 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:24:08 »

Show Image

Not quite sure if I like clears more than reds and blues just yet, but I took a typing test on typeracer, and I must say that the typing experience is great. I will have to put on some better keycaps before I can conclude if I like clears or not.

Stock clears are the best clears!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17962 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:06:11 »

Show Image

If you don't like the keycaps I'd be interested to take that German engraved keyset off your hands for a good price ;)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #17963 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:11:18 »
A replacement. Time to take some macro shots ;D

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #17964 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:19:15 »

Show Image

If you don't like the keycaps I'd be interested to take that German engraved keyset off your hands for a good price ;)

Sure, PM'ed. The G2Pro looks like this now:
More
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #17965 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:20:55 »

Show Image

It would be very nice to hear from you how do you actually compare clears with reds. I know there are many threads on that comparison, but in general those were made by people that are already biased to clears. Based on what you have shared you appeared neutral. So if you want to share a couple of paragraphs on the subject, it will be very useful.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #17966 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:30:47 »

Show Image

It would be very nice to hear from you how do you actually compare clears with reds. I know there are many threads on that comparison, but in general those were made by people that are already biased to clears. Based on what you have shared you appeared neutral. So if you want to share a couple of paragraphs on the subject, it will be very useful.

Alright. So far, I have noticed that I type more precisely with clears compared to reds, due to the large tactile bump. As you may know, stock clears are a tad bit heavier than stock reds, but I don't mind that at all. It's definitely easier to not bottom out with clears. Reds are smoother, and I can type faster on them, but as I said before, also less accurate. It's a great switch if you want the tactile bump, but don't want the clickyness from blues/greens/whites. I like clears, but reds are still my favorite due to the fact that I'm a gamer and I prefer the super light linear switches for gaming purposes. If I were a writer or something, I'd probably favor the clears.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #17967 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:47:49 »

Show Image

Alright. So far, I have noticed that I type more precisely with clears compared to reds, due to the large tactile bump. As you may know, stock clears are a tad bit heavier than stock reds, but I don't mind that at all. It's definitely easier to not bottom out with clears. Reds are smoother, and I can type faster on them, but as I said before, also less accurate. It's a great switch if you want the tactile bump, but don't want the clickyness from blues/greens/whites. I like clears, but reds are still my favorite due to the fact that I'm a gamer and I prefer the super light linear switches for gaming purposes. If I were a writer or something, I'd probably favor the clears.

Sweet and to the point. I am trying to figure out what switch my next board should be, as I have tried reds and browns now. I am still thinking if I should try blacks or clears.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17968 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:57:25 »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #17969 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:20:19 »
-snip-

I was not aware that the 9087 G2Pro had a clear model... :eek: Are those engraved PBT or ABS? I'm assuming ABS.
The only TKL model with clears I was able to find in Taiwan was the 9087 G2Pro LE with a mix of brown & clear switches + thin side printed PBT.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:22:26 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #17970 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:25:39 »
-snip-

I was not aware that the 9087 G2Pro had a clear model... :eek: Are those engraved PBT or ABS? I'm assuming ABS.
The only TKL model with clears I was able to find in Taiwan was the 9087 G2Pro LE with a mix of brown & clear switches + thin side printed PBT.

I wasn't either, until I saw a 'special promotion' over at Deskthority. Bought it from teraset.net. €99 for a TKL with Clears? I'll take it. It's not ABS, it's thin engraved PBT. I swapped them out though, as I like thicker keycaps.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #17971 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:01:45 »
-snip-

I wasn't either, until I saw a 'special promotion' over at Deskthority. Bought it from teraset.net. €99 for a TKL with Clears? I'll take it. It's not ABS, it's thin engraved PBT. I swapped them out though, as I like thicker keycaps.

Interesting. Didn't know Ducky had engraved thin PBT in their line either. I was only aware of their side printed ones.

Is it a new refresh stock of their G2pro? Or did teraset find stock in the back of their warehouse? :P

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #17972 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:09:13 »
-snip-

Interesting. Didn't know Ducky had engraved thin PBT in their line either. I was only aware of their side printed ones.

Is it a new refresh stock of their G2pro? Or did teraset find stock in the back of their warehouse? :P

No idea, but they were limited.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17973 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 15:14:56 »
Light-on-dark 45g Realforce from the recent massdrop.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17974 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 15:18:36 »

Show Image

Mine should be here soon...

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #17975 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:00:02 »
Stafford 3 Piece Solid Hankie Set

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #17976 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:10:21 »
No mail today.  Postman got stuck in a snow drift before he made it to the end of our street.   :mad:

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #17977 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:20:22 »
Steel brobot and the BSP part of sherrys black Friday set
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #17978 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:41:46 »
Most of the gear from the learn to solder GB arrived today! Thanks mkawa!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17979 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:52:38 »
Not a damn thing
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17980 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:11:56 »
Lovely caps that came in last week, the Nostalgia set. Please excuse the potato shots.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #17981 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:13:54 »
Say hello to my new little friends!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17982 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:15:59 »
Lovely caps that came in last week, the Nostalgia set. Please excuse the potato shots.

Show Image

Show Image

Dat Cherry font. :thumb:

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17983 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:42:02 »
Dat Cherry Font indeed, really nice caps these, thanks to CtrlAlt for another superb job

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #17984 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:51:40 »
LED Tester off of eBay and a Maratac AAA Copper Flashlight

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17985 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:33:19 »

Show Image

word on the internet street is you want to give me those keycaps
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17986 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:11:13 »
Very very happy!

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #17987 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:35:19 »
Very very happy!

Show Image

OMG that red moose loooks so cool (as do the others, but that one..)

Top bag is from nubbinator, thanks bro!!

Bottom is from Bunny, thanks bro!!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17988 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:39:39 »
Very very happy!

Show Image

Show Image

yeah that red one, I've to admit that I love that red one in par with my drunken cc
still trying to get Binge to identify/name the one which I just received
since it's pretty much a surprise bag and I couldn't find some of them in his website
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17989 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:46:57 »
Very very happy!

Show Image

Show Image

I'm so glad to almost have the GB done with.  Good to see it all made it to you safe in what was a massive box for so little.  And you've got a little nebula Cycap in there too.

I need to get my one of those from bunny shot and up too.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #17990 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:49:56 »
Very very happy!

Show Image

Show Image

yeah that red one, I've to admit that I love that red one in par with my drunken cc
still trying to get Binge to identify/name the one which I just received
since it's pretty much a surprise bag and I couldn't find some of them in his website

Top Row- Deep Silver Moose, Deep Crimson Angry Moose (unique)
Bottom Row- Sun& Surf Angry Moose (unique), Copper Angry Moose, Coffee Moose
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17991 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:37:29 »
A gift from bunny for sending something on and not getting anything in the sadly doomed Cap Exchainge:

And some hardcore Alps pron.  I got the whole T3200, but the keyboard is the only thing I'm really interested in.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #17992 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:38:45 »
Nice, nubbs. I love these Alps caps. I can't wait to have a board for them…

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #17993 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:57:06 »
LED Tester off of eBay and a Maratac AAA Copper Flashlight

Show Image

Holy crap that is a nice looking light!
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #17994 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:03:48 »
I actually got these two things:

and

Why yes, those are Lyman 4-cavity bullet mold handles. And no, I have no clue how to use them, they are for my dad.

The amusing part about it is that my dad is now seeing computer keyboards on his "You may also like" window (or whatever it is called) on the left. The thought that people searching for reloading equipment on EBay are seeing computer keyboard suggestions as well makes me laugh.  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17995 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:24:23 »

(Attachment Link)

Yes, and it is meant to go in that place (on a HHKB, Ctrl is set in that place by default; on a Realforce, you can swap it to be that way, with spare caps). Dye subbed PBT, as is customary for Topre.

That.

Plus where did I get it?  Here (more or less).

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #17996 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 05:19:01 »
Say hello to my new little friends!

Show Image

Dude those colors are sick! I made a thread for his caps if you want to post em in there! Here are the 2 I got today! :D

BLK MUMMY

THE GENIE

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #17997 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 06:04:01 »
Very very happy!

Show Image

Show Image

A gift from bunny for sending something on and not getting anything in the sadly doomed Cap Exchainge:

Show Image

And some hardcore Alps pron.  I got the whole T3200, but the keyboard is the only thing I'm really interested in.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

glad those packs came, you will be getting something personal from me also, but im crazy busy for the next week or so, and wanted to get some stuff out to a bunch of folks right away to say thank you and sorry, so i ordered a bunch of nice little packs from the lovely keypop range
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17998 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:40:39 »
My Keypop order finally made it over the ocean :)

The Iron Man Cap on my key chain thingy:

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #17999 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:56:45 »
Decided to buy some aquarium RGB LED's and a RGB controller box (powered by a 12v power adapter) + WL remote control to be installed in my rig. I wanted the ability to match the LED color of my case with whichever one of my keyboards that I happen to be in the mood to use. Pretty cheap as well as the whole package cost me about 30+ USD. Here's a pic of the controller box which I'd mounted on the back of my case (needed it to outside as the remote uses IR) with the remote control:

With these, I can remotely change the color of the LED's, and the different effects. Below are some examples of what it can do:

Edit - BTW, it didn't come in the mail because I'd gotten it from an aquarium accessories shop  which is literally a minute's walk from my office.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:03:14 by PadawanGeek »